Boardwalk Refurbishment

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The wand and the castle. We were there for both, and that castle was the worst abomination EVER. I don't expect to ever see the overlay at WDW.
I dunno...the cake was really bad...but at least "fit" with the birthday theme (just why they'd do that long term to a park icon, I dunno who thought that would be a good idea). But, this is worse in my opine.

2808071916_090b6c666d.jpg

disney_stitch.jpg

Not only is it lowbrow humor, it just looks cheap.

Unplugged

While I hate that horrid "Stitch" overlay, I never saw it in person. Though if you can temporarily take the bad boy attitude and drop any personal regard for respect or tradition at Disney, it's really funny in a "flip Walt the bird" sort of way. (Not referring to Donald.) IMHO, who ever thought of that should have been "taken care of" my the Mickey mob and buried in the concrete of a monorail footer.

Monorail Lime

Very few people saw the Stitch overlay in person. It was put up overnight for a morning commercial shoot and was completely removed by mid-day that same day.

Was it trashy and ill-conceived? Probably. But it was a total non-event at the time and doesn't in any way compare to the BAH, Epcot wand, or castle cake which all long overstayed their welcome.

Communicore

I think the Boardwalk area should get an overlay. It needs to be improved as it reeks late 90's still. I think it's the ESPN that makes it dated. Need to give that the Horizons treatment and build my long awaited Joe's Crab Shack there.

RSoxNo1

I dunno...the cake was really bad...but at least "fit" with the birthday theme (just why they'd do that long term to a park icon, I dunno who thought that would be a good idea). But, this is worse in my opine.

2808071916_090b6c666d.jpg

disney_stitch.jpg

Not only is it lowbrow humor, it just looks cheap.
It was 2 days to promote a new attraction. It's like the people that complained that the Monsters University characters were projected on Spaceship Earth. This was a non-issue.

Rose&Crowner

Boardwalk is getting refurb'd, stayed at a new room in November and April. One major thing is they got rid of the old yellow Ent. Centers... They're much nicer now with USB charging perts. Yeah I say perts. We stayed right above the Bellevue the last month... I was saddened to hear the guess who keyboardist talk so much smack about burton Cummings as he sat on the balcony underneath us.

Communicore

It was 2 days to promote a new attraction. It's like the people that complained that the Monsters University characters were projected on Spaceship Earth. This was a non-issue.
It's an issue for me, since it was a desecration, and a much maligned character at that.

RSoxNo1

It's an issue for me, since it was a desecration, and a much maligned character at that.
The character was "much maligned" because the attraction is horrible. If Alien Encounter was still in Tomorrowland or if Stitch had a good attraction somewhere on property he wouldn't be "much maligned". Did the TPed and spray painted castle ruin your vacation? The word desecration is ridiculously strong for what this was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom