Boardwalk or Yacht Club

coachwnh

Yacht Club. Best pool ever. The sand bottom section is fantastic. Now don't get me wrong, we like BW very much, but I can't imagine changing to BW from YC, especially for a standard view.

^^^^This, a 1000 times

Our garden view room at Yacht Club allowed us to watch Illuminations from our balcony. :)

Agree, Agree, and Agree. Stayed there for Christmas the past two years and spent part of our summer there three years in a row! We love the YC. Great pool, short walk to Epcot and HS, and a short bus ride everywhere else. Enjoy your stay there (I hope)!

To clarify, the only resorts where it is ok for regular guests to pool hop are the All Stars (a guest at any All Star may use any All Star pool) and Port Orleans (a guest at Riverside may use the pool at French Quarter and vice versa.) But the pools at every other resort are for the exclusive use of that resort's guests only. O ne exception: DVC members are allowed to pool hop at SOME resorts.
oh the DVc was pro ally what I was thinking of

TXDisney

My wife was sad to hear that we can't go in the YC pool since we are staying at the Boardwalk. We can go by the pool though right? I mean we just stayed at the Dolphin last year and went to the bars by the pool at GF and PO. I assume that is allowed, just not allowed to actually go in the pool I guess.

epcot2004

Original Poster
When we were at BC there was a either a gate or CM (can't remember which) to allow only BC/YC guests in to the pool area.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
My wife was sad to hear that we can't go in the YC pool since we are staying at the Boardwalk. We can go by the pool though right? I mean we just stayed at the Dolphin last year and went to the bars by the pool at GF and PO. I assume that is allowed, just not allowed to actually go in the pool I guess.
Hurricane Hanna's (the pool bar) is outside of Stormalong Bay. There are a few tables to sit at (HH also serves food) and a few seats at the bar itself. You will be able to see into the pool area, but rope fences and CMs will keep you out ;).

DizneyPryncess

When we stayed at BC a few years ago, we couldn't walk through the pool area without showing a room key for every person in our group (and now magic band.)

I'm a BW girl through and through. Our stay at BC just didn't have the same feeling as our stays at the BW have. I do think it's a personal preference though, both resorts are beautiful.

TXDisney

I have a water view room at BW in a 10 days, where do they put you? I've read that they'll put you in the lagoon sometimes rather than looking at the nice lake. Any request I can make to make sure I get a nice view of the lake rather then a lagoon or pool?

JillC LI

I have a water view room at BW in a 10 days, where do they put you? I've read that they'll put you in the lagoon sometimes rather than looking at the nice lake. Any request I can make to make sure I get a nice view of the lake rather then a lagoon or pool?

I would request it in advance if that is your preference. No guarantees but it might help.

mammaminnie

Yacht Club would be my choice- I am a huge fan of Stormalong Bay!!!! The sand bottom feels so wonderful on your sore feet after walking all day.

aladdin2007

Thought I would put this question here instead of a whole new thread,,,but I was reading somewhere online (wish I knew where it was now) that the rooms in the Boardwalk Inn have been rennovated this year, have all these rooms been rennovated or just certain areas/floors? Thanks

acrab3t

YC or BC is my choice. The food options are fantastic. Storm along Bay is so much fun. The sandy bottom does feel good after a long day. When we went there were CM's checking that you were a guest and handing out wristbands.

TXDisney

Arriving this Wednesday morning at the Boardwalk. I did the online checkin. Requested highest floor ith a view of the boardwalk. I have a water view room. I also requested I view of the lake not the lagoon or pool. On the reservation it's me and my wife. Knowing that, will they put us in a king size bed room rather than 2 queens? I sure hope so. Didn't have a spot for that on the requests with the online checkin.

WDWoptmist

We have recently stayed at both Garden View at YC and Standard View at BWI and could not stress enough how much better YC was in that regard. BWI is great but the pools aren't even comparable and the best part about staying at an Epcot Area resort is being out on the balcony being able to see Crescent Lake or at least Illuminations!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom