Boardwalk or Yacht Club

epcot2004

Original Poster
We have Yacht Club booked with garden view. Now Boardwalk is the same price but with standard view. Have never stayed at either - any opinions on whether we should change or leave as is? No availability at Beach Club. Thanks!

epcotisbest

We have Yacht Club booked with garden view. Now Boardwalk is the same price but with standard view. Have never stayed at either - any opinions on whether we should change or leave as is? No availability at Beach Club. Thanks!
Yacht Club. Best pool ever. The sand bottom section is fantastic. Now don't get me wrong, we like BW very much, but I can't imagine changing to BW from YC, especially for a standard view.

zurgandfriend

I have never stayed at either as my family MUST stay on the monorail. I have been trying for years to get them to try the yacht Club as the resort and pool just look great.

jlsHouston

Currently at YC. This is our last night here then we switch to GF. Honestly I kind of wish we were just staying the entire time here. As mentioned the pool is fabulous though a bit sprawling. Even though monorail resorts are really convenient for ease into MK, I personally feel you can't beat the EPCOT resorts for location. The lounges at YC are great for relaxing or grabbing a bite to eat. Love the YC decor. Love the porches. You can see fireworks from some balconies for EPCOT or the Frozen ones from HS or from the sandy beach.
I do like BC and BW, but I think I prefer YC.

MadMax11

We stayed at YC for the first time in June and loved it. I'd absolutely stay there again. All the attractions at the BW in the evenings are just a boat ride away, anyway.

TXDisney

We're going in 2 weeks and staying at boardwalk with a water view, hopefully they give is a good room. We were torn between the 2 hotels at 1st and pretty much bc if the yacht clubs pool. Don't forget if you're staying at any disney resort you can use any pool as well, so we plan on going to the yacht clubs pool for a few hours one of the afternoons we're there even thoug we will be staying at he boardwalk.

ratherbeinwdw

We're going in 2 weeks and staying at boardwalk with a water view, hopefully they give is a good room. We were torn between the 2 hotels at 1st and pretty much bc if the yacht clubs pool. Don't forget if you're staying at any disney resort you can use any pool as well, so we plan on going to the yacht clubs pool for a few hours one of the afternoons we're there even thoug we will be staying at he boardwalk.
Many of the pools require your magicband or world card to enter them. AoA is one for sure. I heard they check them at YC and BC also. I'm staying at BC for the first time next month, so I'll know for sure then.

TXDisney

So do they let you in the pool even though you're staying at a different hotel? We have magic bands but it's for the boardwalk, will they not let us use the YCs pool then?

HouCuseChickie

We stayed in a garden room at YC back in 2012. Sadly, we were not fans of the resort and had wished we picked Boardwalk for that trip. Maybe we would have felt differently had it been warmer and we had been able to use Stormalong, but we had a number of issues with our stay that kind of soured us to the resort.

So do they let you in the pool even though you're staying at a different hotel? We have magic bands but it's for the boardwalk, will they not let us use the YCs pool then?

No, you can only use Stormalong if you're staying at YC or BC.

Mr Toad

YC turned out to be my favorite resort since our June stay. Since the DW is planning a girls trip to Seattle, I'm trying to talk her into a solo trip for me to WDW. If I can, I will be at YC for sure.

YC has Stormalong Bay, which definitely beats Boardwalk's pool, but if you aren't planning on swimming much during your trip, it wouldn't really matter. Both places are in the best location ever, but keep in mind the BWI has no quick service place, but with all the great restaurants in that location, it would probably be ok. The yacht club's atmosphere is quite fancy, in my opinion. While the BW is all fun and happy. Not to mention the entertainment and great overall atmosphere on the boardwalk. If I were in your position, I would pick BW, but that is just me! Hope this helps and have a magical vacation!;)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
There are CMs stationed at every entrance to Stormalong Bay with MagicBand scanners. Once your band is scanned, and you are a confirmed guest at Yacht or Beach, you are given a paper wristband to wear that day. Anyone else will be turned away.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
some resorts DO allow pool hopping, the one I know that does is the Boardwalk, which obviously won't be any help to you as you are staying there.
To clarify, the only resorts where it is ok for regular guests to pool hop are the All Stars (a guest at any All Star may use any All Star pool) and Port Orleans (a guest at Riverside may use the pool at French Quarter and vice versa.) But the pools at every other resort are for the exclusive use of that resort's guests only. One exception: DVC members are allowed to pool hop at SOME resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom