BLT is fantastic!

DVC Mike

Original Poster
I checked into BLT on Friday morning. My room was ready at 11:00 AM. It's a 1-BR on the 11th floor with a Bay Lake view, right in the middle of the "C", so it overlooks both the pool and Bay Lake. The views from almost every angle are great. I love resorts with great views (which is why I like the BW views at BWV), and this resort delivers!

We had dinner at the California Grill last night, and then went up to the Top of the World lounge at the top of BLT.

I took the picture below from inside BLT while waiting for the elevator.

20090814_1254.jpg

sillykid

DVC Mike. I have a pcture request please... Could you take a picture of your view straight out. Not down towards the pool, but show more of your view of the lake? I have yet to see photos of the the lake views. Thanks again from the great pics here and over at the other site.

DVC Mike

Original Poster
DVC Mike. I have a pcture request please... Could you take a picture of your view straight out. Not down towards the pool, but show more of your view of the lake? I have yet to see photos of the the lake views. Thanks again from the great pics here and over at the other site.

20090815_1368.jpg

DVC Mike

Original Poster
OK, after spending just one day at BLT, here is a summary review.

I absolutely love the panoramic views. I think BLT offers the best views of any DVC resort at WDW. I like both the MK and Bay Lake views. The Boardwalk view rooms at BWV remain my favorite for a more close-up view of what’s happening on the Boardwalk, and for people watching. But watching “Wishes” from BLT is great.

I really like the location of BLT. The ability to take a 5-minute walk and be at the gates of the Magic Kingdom is just like staying at BCV and walking to the International Gateway to Epcot.

The location offers some great dining opportunities as well. Since we almost exclusively do TS and never CS, we can walk across the walkway to the Contemporary and dine at the California Grill (our favorite) or at The Wave. We can hop on the monorail and dine at ‘Ohana, Kona Café, Citricos, Narcoossee’s, or Victoria and Albert’s. We can also hop on a boat to the Wilderness Lodge and enjoy Artist Point.

The pool area is nice, the pool bar has some nice food options, and the slide is fine. The other recreational opportunities, such as the marina with boat rentals, tennis, etc. are also nice.

The lounge and viewing area on the 16th floor are fantastic and offer great views of the surrounding area, especially the MK. The appetizers were nice; as was the drink selection (they carry Newcastle, my favorite beer).

People who love a hotel experience will love BLT, while those who prefer a more condo-like experience such as OKW may not. I like the décor at BLT, while not everyone will.

The exclusivity of BLT (card-key access and the member’s-only Top of the World lounge) is nice. I don’t think the lounge will remain exclusive too long, as I think they will open it up to anyone staying at BLT – points or cash).

What don’t I like? Not much. The room numbers were initially confusing (why does my room on the 11th floor have an 81xx number?). The lack of locks on the bathroom door, which I’ve heard others complain about, doesn’t bother me at all (of course, I don’t bring small children with me). There are locks on the bedroom doors. Why doesn’t the shower have a soap dish? The lighting in the extra bathroom isn’t bright enough. All in all – my only complaints are very minor nitpicks.

In summary, BLT is everything I had hoped it would be. As the only tower-configuration within DVC, as well as the only DVC on the monorail, it offers a unique experience that is different from my other 5 home resorts.

This short trip ends tomorrow, but I know I’m coming back in December and I’m really looking forward to staying longer, as well as my MK view room.

Yanks07

Great Job Mike, you really have some great pics. BLT looks amazing! Not sure I will stay there as we just love the Boardwalk area and the short walk to Epcot which we spend 75% of our time at. Thanks for the report.

SMRT-1Michael

Great pictures. It kind of sucks that you have to be a BLT guest to enter the resort. If it wasnt, I'd drive the 2 hour ride from my house to visit for the day! I guess i'll just have to wait until Thanksgiving week.

Disneykidder

Your pics are awesome, Mike. I have been waiting for a report from someone on BLT since Aug. 5!! I am glad you had a great time there. We cannot wqit to stay there mext Summer and enjoy the MK view. Your BL view was pretty fab so I guess you just can't go wrong!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom