Blizzard Beach closed Nov 1 due to cold weather

Cmdr_Crimson

44 is a bit cool for water parks though.

Oh Definitely..However I'm from the Chicagoland area and temps like that are goregeous... So Again..This is Nothing..;)
DcCOZ.jpg

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
You sure they're not using the cold weather to mask that this is really part of them cutting budgets...

Last edited:

wdwstateofmind

It's not so much inclement weather as we have a high of 62 with 25 mph gusts today in sunny Central Florida. It's suppose to start dropping to the 40s before the sun goes down. That's some pretty great weather...if it was December or January.

I think that speaks for itself. However, that being said they do heat the water to like 82 degrees and if not for the wind gusts it'd probably feel awesome until you got out of the water. We live in FL but we're from NJ; We've gone to TL when it was like 72 degrees out in March when they first open, there is only like 20 other people there and I highly recommend it.

fugawe09

The general rule of thumb is that the water parks don't open when the daily high is predicted below 70. A couple of years ago they upped it from 50 because there would only be 4 British families in the whole park. My understanding is that 70 is the air temperature that the pool heaters can keep up with. With the wind today it wouldn't be much fun anyhow. But a little "winter weather" is OK, right? Since tomorrow is the start of "Christmas."

mergatroid

The general rule of thumb is that the water parks don't open when the daily high is predicted below 70. A couple of years ago they upped it from 50 because there would only be 4 British families in the whole park. My understanding is that 70 is the air temperature that the pool heaters can keep up with. With the wind today it wouldn't be much fun anyhow. But a little "winter weather" is OK, right? Since tomorrow is the start of "Christmas."

:D

I'm a Brit and we're a 'hardy' bunch I can tell you. I'm always amazed in Florida to see guests and cm's in Disney wearing jumpers, coats, hats and gloves etc when the temperatures drop to what we would call warm. I'll be wearing just shorts and a t-shirt stood in line with people wearing jeans, jumpers and jackets thinking "What is it with you people" whilst no doubt they're looking at me thinking exactly the same thing :rolleyes:

One year in December (I'll admit I'd underestimated the weather slightly that day) I stood wearing shorts and a t-shirt having a conversation with a man wearing a balaclava at one point :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom