Blackish tv show premiered at WDW

JonnyK

Original Poster
I know I'm probably posting this in the wrong place. Admins feel free to move the thread to the correct one if needed.

I never watched this show, but caught a glimpse preview of it last week so i had to check this out.

They showed an episode of them at Disney and one part that made me chuckle is the line forming outside for soarin - like in the heat

I'm assuming those beams is the monorail beam that they used to cover up and act like it's an line outside.

That would be crazy even if it ever existed like that especially in the summer.

Attachments

• IMG_1123.JPG
    IMG_1123.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 216

ScottKC

This is the first time I have seen a show(other than the Christmas Parade) set at WDW since I have been to Disney World. I grew up in LA, so Disneyland was my home park. But I was always enchanted by the "very special episodes" set at Disney World as I never thought Id get there. I was looking forward to this episode for that reason...for the most part they explain the park hopping as the group being "split-up" but they sure do seem to get around with ease between MK-EPCOT-DAK. Part of it is the use of a "VIP" tour guide(Is that really a thing?). It was not hysterical, but it was fun to see "The World" on TV. For my money my favorite has always been the Full House 2-parter.

Minnie Mum

Part of it is the use of a "VIP" tour guide(Is that really a thing?).
Yep. It's a real thing. Anybody can do a VIP tour. Yours for only $400-600/hour. One of the daytime talk shows figured out the cost of that trip they took- $22,000.

It was funny, and I enjoyed most of it. But the constant hopping from one park to another and then back again was totally unrealistic. And then there was that fake Soarin' entrance. :rolleyes: And I'm sorry they edited that scene where the wife mentioned how her husband had jumpedd over a baby in a stroller to get to a ride. The show omitted the response shown in the promo: "That was no baby, it was a 7 year old". Now that was funny.

Cmdr_Crimson

It was funny, and I enjoyed most of it. But the constant hopping from one park to another and then back again was totally unrealistic.

Watch The Muppets At Walt Disney World.....The Front gate to all the parks in that one is DHS. And not only that...They broke into the Theme Parks without paying (Even tho they were entering the park their own attraction is on Property):cautious:

Furthermore....The way the family acts in this show....Is pretty much how a standard family is in a theme park..Those Disney park Ads are waayy off...It also bugged me that the Move it Shake it float was playing the Be Our Guest track from BaTB Live on Stage audio for the sequence...I think the daughter who loses her glasses on 7DMT said it best..."Well, get ready because it's 47 square Miles of Restaurants and Bathrooms."

danyoung56

Face it - any show that anyone tries to do in a Disney park will not pass the clever critique of any online Disney crew like the one that frequents here. Modern Family did a pretty good job with their Disneyland episode a couple years ago. But look back at the Roseanne 2 parter from years back. They did the same type of unrealistic park hopping. But it was still fun to see a place that I know so well!

Cmdr_Crimson

Face it - any show that anyone tries to do in a Disney park will not pass the clever critique of any online Disney crew like the one that frequents here. Modern Family did a pretty good job with their Disneyland episode a couple years ago. But look back at the Roseanne 2 parter from years back. They did the same type of unrealistic park hopping. But it was still fun to see a place that I know so well!

The reviewer Some Jerk with A Camera did a great retrospect on all of the Disney Park/ABC Episodes...Including the Roseanne Episode and how innacurate it is...(Might have some language be advised)

Smiley/OCD

This is the first time I have seen a show(other than the Christmas Parade) set at WDW since I have been to Disney World. I grew up in LA, so Disneyland was my home park. But I was always enchanted by the "very special episodes" set at Disney World as I never thought Id get there. I was looking forward to this episode for that reason...for the most part they explain the park hopping as the group being "split-up" but they sure do seem to get around with ease between MK-EPCOT-DAK. Part of it is the use of a "VIP" tour guide(Is that really a thing?). It was not hysterical, but it was fun to see "The World" on TV. For my money my favorite has always been the Full House 2-parter.
And the Rosanne 2 parter...

LeighM

I saw the Soarin' line and thought "Eww!". I don't like how they misrepresent their own park but it's TV and I get it. It was fun to watch but it has nothing on the old TGIF WDW episodes.

I watched it last night with my husband and we discussed how the old TGIF shows were the best. I know a lot of people prefer the Full House trip but my favorite WDW episode was Step by Step.

Nick Pappagiorgio

I think it's funny how much more obvious the rope lines and bystanders are now because everyone is taking pics with their phones. Also a tad surprised that they completely ignored DHS. With all the construction, I wouldn't have expected them to film there, but they didn't even put it in the montage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom