Blackish tv show premiered at WDW

WEDwaydatamover

I like the idea of ABC/ Disney promoting it's current offerings at WDW. There seem to be way too many jokes at Disney's expense and "ugly" stereotyping in general.

I don't think the writers, producers and/ or directors acted in the best interest of anyone on this one.

Still okay. I guess? Just an opinion.

Bacon

I hated how there was no glue to stick it together the purple tent was there new mickey and minnie faces soarin' etc etc...

JimW

Premium Member
@Disney.Mike I'm going to stop short of calling you racist, but I will say that you're painting with VERY broad brushstrokes. Did 100% of the white population move out, and was the remaining 100% non-white? If not, it's hard to paint that picture. As others have mentioned, there have been many other factors affecting the urban communities, such as under-funding of schools. Pointing to a lack of tax base points to a symptom, not a cause.
: n
Stereotyping groups has become a problem in our society these days. Let's face it: not all cops are killers, not all Muslims are terrorists, not all Mormons are polygamists. When we try to reduce a group to a stereotype, we're buying into our fears, and frankly, just being lazy. It's much easier to buy into those fears than actually acknowledging that our differences are what make us special. Our differences are what make us amazing, not the opposite.

DinoInstitute

OK, so just finished the episode. Aside from the jumping between parks (typical of these types of specials) I thought it was OK. Not the best one ever, but was fun to watch anyway.
I would agree with this. It wasn't that great, but it's still cool to watch episodes that take place in WDW.

Also, it felt a bit too advertise-y in my opinion. Like the whole magic band segment, the tour guide pointing out everything great, and then the random mention of Frozenstrom.

NearTheEars

I would agree with this. It wasn't that great, but it's still cool to watch episodes that take place in WDW.

Also, it felt a bit too advertise-y in my opinion. Like the whole magic band segment, the tour guide pointing out everything great, and then the random mention of Frozenstrom.

Was odd that they called it the most popular ride, but then never showed it. Must have been down lol.

brb1006

36055168.jpg

SorcererMC

I wouldn't mind the commercial/advertising aspects so much if they would also address guest etiquette in some way, eg how to queue instead of promoting FP+ as a means of showing superiority (as portrayed in the episode); or eg showing respect for CMs instead of entitlement ('I'm paying $$$ for this tour. Where are you going?').

surfsupdon

I did not like the episode. I don't like how the family was treating others, and thought it showed a def hierarchy within Disney parks. My sister and I did correctly guess where the family was staying. That is a game we like to play when we hear of a WDW episode.

I am glad the Tanners got to stay at GF, but that was pretty unrealistic. And in the main building! But good for them haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom