Big Hero 6 Question

lazyboy97o

I've heard that the entire Universal/Marvel contract is up online. Can someone link me to it?
I want to see whether it matters whether the characters were created before the park opened OR before the the licensing agreement was executed.
....or if that even matters at all.
Just search for MCA Marvel Agreement and it should be the first result. Characters created after would be Universal's if they're part of an existing family (a new member of the X-Men) but no matter what would be limited in terms of advertising and using the Marvel name.

FettFan

People were very underwhelmed by the first Frozen trailer. How much money did that make again?

The Frozen teaser was a cute short about a snowman and a reindeer fighting over a carrot.

It didn't borrow gags from older successful movies of the same genre.

Sped2424

I believe the way the film is being crafted that they will have no issues using this film over at WDW. All of the characters are different from their comic book counterparts and the only thing they share in common are the code names.

Tip Top Club

The Frozen teaser was a cute short about a snowman and a reindeer fighting over a carrot.

It didn't borrow gags from older successful movies of the same genre.

Ice Age.....

To the topic at hand: Disney will own the theme park rights to Big hero 6 regardless of location.

Matt_Black

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, or else it wouldn't have been greenlit as an animated film to begin with. Disney promotes each Walt Disney Studios Animation film in the parks (or at least every one for the last 20 years or so) in some fashion for at least a few months of the film's release.

Matt_Black

I think because the preview was just a straight movie clip; someone here mentioned something about a "no moving seats" clause, so 3D and 4D effects may violate it.

PMC0849

I kind of wish Disney would bite the bullet and pay to get the Marvel them park rights back. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is only the top grossing movie franchise ever. In my opinion a well done Marvel and Star Wars lands at WDW would trump Harry Potter. Plus who doesn't want a Rocket Racoon, and Groot meet and greet after seeing GotG?

Cesar R M

I kind of wish Disney would bite the bullet and pay to get the Marvel them park rights back. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is only the top grossing movie franchise ever. In my opinion a well done Marvel and Star Wars lands at WDW would trump Harry Potter. Plus who doesn't want a Rocket Racoon, and Groot meet and greet after seeing GotG?
tumblr_n5bznrvlWX1qmzikoo1_1280.jpg

I think an animatronic would look better lol.

Luigi

I kind of wish Disney would bite the bullet and pay to get the Marvel them park rights back. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is only the top grossing movie franchise ever. In my opinion a well done Marvel and Star Wars lands at WDW would trump Harry Potter.

You answered your question right there. Why would Universal sell the rights to the top grossing Movie Franchise to their competitor?

Bairstow

You answered your question right there. Why would Universal sell the rights to the top grossing Movie Franchise to their competitor?

If Jim Hill is to be believed, the last, closest deal Iger had with Universal to get back the Marvel rights would mostly have been in exchange for Disney staying away from certain highly-desirable opening weekends at the box office for a couple years and aborting "Oz the Great and Powerful". It fell apart.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Because GotG doesn't exist in one of the Marvel families currently showcased at Universal. While they are loosely associated with the Avengers, they largely exist as their own separate entity.

He's also a fighter in Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom