News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

wdrive

You have to understand...
There are a handful of people for any build who have decided they hate something and will nitpick something to hate all along the way.
When proven wrong, because that "thing" actually winds up looking beautiful and better than its predecessor - they will then move on to the next thing to pick on.
And it's different than mere critique.
I have or had my share of issues with Tiana's for instance, but I adjust with new information.
I didn't decide that I hated it because I didn't want Splash replaced (and I didn't want it replaced) and then went on to claim everything about it is terrible.

Then just block them if it bothers you. Someone’s allowed to hate everything about a project if they want to. They only complain about things because they’re fans of it to begin with.

Phicinfan

Great point!

Universal is so lucky that Covid never happened a couple miles up the I4 so they could build this over the same timeframe:

View attachment 778876

But hey, Disney created a horrible guest experience for five years in the entire center of the park to bring us this impressive, majestic stage, because um, Covid, or something.
As pointed out below, building in fresh area without consumer interaction concern is an entirely different timeline. Did Disney drag this out, yes. No one denies that. As for the quality, I am also amazed at how many here throw stones before things are done, and then later seem to realize it isn't as bad as they thought. Why not wait til its totally open and being used before assuming your opinion is valid?

Epcot81Fan

Why not wait til its totally open and being used before assuming your opinion is valid?
Um...because I can clearly see in the picture the exact scale, placement, and design of the stage and its cover?

If it looks fundamentally different than this when it opens, I will be the first one to come back into this thread and apologize.

1712945291302.png

James Alucobond

The exterior of “CommuniCore Hall” looks like Spaceship Earth with a terrible skin disease. I find it viscerally repellent. I can’t think of a design choice at a Disney park I’ve ever disliked nearly as much.
Haha, I don't dislike it nearly as much, but this is actually a pretty apt description. I have a feeling it will become outdated more quickly than some of the other elements of the redo as well, unfortunately.

pigglewiggle

The exterior of “CommuniCore Hall” looks like Spaceship Earth with a terrible skin disease. I find it viscerally repellent. I can’t think of a design choice at a Disney park I’ve ever disliked nearly as much.

I enjoyed that. I may use it in my real life conversations. Although I will change "it" to "you", person dependent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom