1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Universal park?

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by David2319, Aug 11, 2017.

1. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

Pretty much everyone who has been to all of the Disney parks agrees that Tokyo Disney Sea is the gold standard. But what's the best of Universal's parks? My guess is that Singapore and Universal Studios Hollywood are at the bottom, and Islands of Adventure is the best. Maybe I'm wrong! What does everyone on here think?

Please don't turn this into a Disney vs. Universal thread. I'm just curious as to what is considered the best.

2. captainkidd

captainkidd Well-Known Member

I've only been to Orlando, but Islands is the best. I would rank it only behind Magic Kingdom. Of course, losing Dragons is going to be a HUGE hit to the park.

3. JT3000

JT3000 Well-Known Member

A lot of people say Japan is best. It does have a nice mix of Orlando's attractions. I'd rather have the two separate parks though. I just wish they'd up their nighttime entertainment game like Japan has.

4. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Agreed except Dragons has no place in an ultra immersive environment. Plus it’s replacement should be awesome!

egg likes this.
  5. cheezbat

cheezbat Well-Known Member

While I haven't been to all the Disney and Universal parks, I truly believe Tokyo Disneysea is Disney's best...and Universal's has to be Universal Studios Japan.

Spider-Man, Jurassic Park, Despicable Me, Hollywood Dream, The Wizarding World, space Fantasy, the Flying Dinosaur, Jaws, Terminator, Waterworld, all the anime exhibits....

Islands is definitely a close runner up.

6. BrianLo

BrianLo Well-Known Member

I'd say Islands of Adventure is the best in terms of cohesive theme (or ornamentation depending on who you ask), whereas Universal Japan is the best in terms of attraction lineup.

Very equivalent to if someone asked which Disney theme park is the best - I'd take no fault with them saying Disney Sea OR Disneyland. I think it comes down to what exactly is being measured, but on many parameters Disneyland is still a superior park to Disney Sea. Versus thematically, Disney Sea takes the cake.

Hollywood's is easily the worst, FWIW. Singapore in its current form may actually be better than Universal Studio's Orlando... However, problematically it is the only Universal Park without Potter and that hurts it overall.

David2319 likes this.
  7. JT3000

JT3000 Well-Known Member

It's the park's size that hurts, and it's presumably the main reason Singapore is the only Universal location not getting Potter or Nintendo. I can't say how it currently compares to the other parks, but I don't like its future outlook.

To give you an idea of what they're dealing with:

USF: [​IMG]

IOA: [​IMG]

USS: [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 3:17 AM
    David2319 and BrianLo like this.