Best Steak at WDW... With Kids in Tow

HRHPrincessAriel

Plus I just can't see spending over $100 for a 6 year old to eat something that they probably will look at in disgust. Actually, I can't see that even with a teenager, but that's just me. My wife and I have been there multiple times, and absolutely love it!!
again if the parents want to spend their $ on it and the kids are are well behaved who cares? My kids will eat salmon over Mac & Cheese. I don't understand why people always assume kids = chicken fingers.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
again if the parents want to spend their $ on it and the kids are are well behaved who cares? My kids will eat salmon over Mac & Cheese. I don't understand why people always assume kids = chicken fingers.
I was only speaking of us. If a family wants to spend the money to take their teenager to V & As, then they are welcome to it, as long as the child behaves like the decorum dictates. I would not want to be sitting their when the child exclaims "what the heck is this crap on my plate" loud enough for everyone to hear.

And V & As will never serve anything like salmon over Mac & Cheese. There is absolutely no comparison I can make, and there is no kid's menu for the teenagers. They will not whip up something special for your (not yours, but you know what I mean) kiddo. He/she will have to eat off the same menu as everyone else that night.

JusticeDisney

Shula's with 8, 6, 5, 3, and 1... Yeah, that's a terrible idea.....

Wow, pretty judgmental concerning the original poster's kids. If the kids are well behaved and have some appropriate distractions, they can eat at Shula's just as easily as they can eat anywhere else. The meal at Shula's doesn't take any longer than it does at any other nice steakhouse in WDW.

Tom P.

Original Poster
Wow, pretty judgmental concerning the original poster's kids. If the kids are well behaved and have some appropriate distractions, they can eat at Shula's just as easily as they can eat anywhere else. The meal at Shula's doesn't take any longer than it does at any other nice steakhouse in WDW.
It's okay. I assume they didn't mean it in a judgmental way, more just a way of offering their opinion of the kid-friendliness of Shula's.

Besides, my wife and I are used to that sort of reaction. A large family seems to be something of a novelty these days. When we take the kids to someplace like the beach or Disney World, we're used to getting looks and comments that suggest people think we're part of some crazy cult. (We're not.) :)

Hockey89

Pretty judgmental that I was talking about the kids... isn't this fun. . I just don't think that is the right choice for that many kids.... Way better choices....

JusticeDisney

Pretty judgmental that I was talking about the kids... isn't this fun. . I just don't think that is the right choice for that many kids.... Way better choices....

Let's see. You posted two incomplete sentences. One referenced the kids. And the other said terrible idea. But you weren't talking about the kids? Ummmm, right. Okay. Gotcha.

Oh, and you've now responded in this thread multiple times and haven't once suggested a "way better choice." Thanks for being so helpful.

Disneyhead'71

Ok, I'm sitting at The Boathouse as I type this. There is guy singing Loggins and Messina behind me. The room is loud yet relaxing. I'm diggin' it!

image.jpg

I'll post my filet when it gets here.

Welshphin

I plan on taking my six year old to Shula's next year, she's a Dolphins fan like her Daddy and is pretty well behaved.

Go where you want to go for dinner, don't allow society tell you where you can and can't go just because you have a child with you.

A child is just a small person, if an adult kicked up a stink they shouldn't be allowed in a nice restaurant just as a child shouldn't.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I plan on taking my six year old to Shula's next year, she's a Dolphins fan like her Daddy and is pretty well behaved.

Go where you want you go for dinner, don't allow society tell you where you can and can't go just because you have a child with you.

A child is just a small person, if an adult kicked up a stink they shouldn't be allowed in a nice restaurant just as a child shouldn't.
Good choice! You will both love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom