Best Steak at WDW... With Kids in Tow

Tom P.

Original Poster
Hey folks,

I've seen a lot of discussion on boards and blogs about where to get the best steak on property. But I have a slight variant on that question.

When we're at Disney World, we're going to be there with 5 young children in tow -- ages 8, 6, 5, 3, and 1 when we travel. So my question is... what is the absolute best steak you can get at a restaurant where it still is appropriate to take a gaggle of little kids? Clearly, some of the really high end restaurants just aren't well suited for that.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Tom

Disneyhead'71

Hey folks,

I've seen a lot of discussion on boards and blogs about where to get the best steak on property. But I have a slight variant on that question.

When we're at Disney World, we're going to be there with 5 young children in tow -- ages 8, 6, 5, 3, and 1 when we travel. So my question is... what is the absolute best steak you can get at a restaurant where it still is appropriate to take a gaggle of little kids? Clearly, some of the really high end restaurants just aren't well suited for that.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Tom
That's actually an easy question now. The Boathouse in DTD.

Disneyhead'71

The Boathouse is very relaxed and kid friendly. Lots of cool themeing to occupy the little ones. And it is a pretty loud room, so that also shouldn't be a problem. And the best part is a true steakhouse quality steak.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

Shula's Steakhouse simply has the best steaks anywhere in Disney World. Cannot be beat. And I have taken my young son there with me multiple times and he has always been fine. Of course, I'm sure the games that he played on the iPhone and iPad throughout dinner helped a bit!

Tom P.

Original Poster
I don't know that I'd take kids to The Boathouse.

I really enjoyed my rack of lamb at Be Our Guest.
Why do you say that regarding The Boathouse? Others here have said it shouldn't be a problem. Just curious what your opinion is based on.

We have taken DS to Narcoossee's since he was 3. We always see kids on our visits there. Kids are welcome in any Disney restaurant.
Well, that's true in theory, but I'm not sure I'd take my five young children to Victoria & Albert's... :)

JasonDeyoung

Rainforest cafe has an alright steak and is very kid friendly or T Rex

Boatwrights at riverside has a good prime rib pretty kid friendly

Planet Hollywood

pajammies

Not sure what your price range is, but California Grill has a delicious filet.
I agree I wouldn't take children to Victoria & Albert's, but honestly, I'm one of those that thinks kids should be welcomed almost anywhere in Disney.
We have taken both our children there as young as 6 without problems.
I thought the waiters were very good with our kids and there were many other kids there also.

Club Cooloholic

Go where you want, just figure where you think both you and your kids will be comfortable. Can I suggest what we did? We put my 4yr old at the time in the Animal Kingdom Lodge Kids Club, and brought our 1 yr old to Jiko. Worked out fine, daughter loved the club and was given her meal there, and we had a pretty chill night and great meal. We did this at Beach Club as well though our meal at Rose and Crown was not so good.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Why do you say that regarding The Boathouse? Others here have said it shouldn't be a problem. Just curious what your opinion is based on.

Well, that's true in theory, but I'm not sure I'd take my five young children to Victoria & Albert's... :)
Actually, Victoria & Alberts does not allow children under 10.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Thank god..... Bc you know selfish patents would ruin the experience....
Plus I just can't see spending over $100 for a 6 year old to eat something that they probably will look at in disgust. Actually, I can't see that even with a teenager, but that's just me. My wife and I have been there multiple times, and absolutely love it!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom