Best Spot on Monorail Loop for Family Photo

MerMom1981

Original Poster
My family will be celebrating my MIL's 70th Birthday this summer. One of the few things she's asked for is a nice family photo of all 10 of us. We have dinner ADR's at The Wave and dessert at Cali Grill on the big day. Is there a particular spot at The Contemporary or another monorail resort that would make for a good family photo?

My husband will be bringing his Nikon DSLR & a tripod

Thanks in advance!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My family will be celebrating my MIL's 70th Birthday this summer. One of the few things she's asked for is a nice family photo of all 10 of us. We have dinner ADR's at The Wave and dessert at Cali Grill on the big day. Is there a particular spot at The Contemporary or another monorail resort that would make for a good family photo?

My husband will be bringing his Nikon DSLR & a tripod

Thanks in advance!
I would go with the beach at the Grand Floridian or Polynesian. Both would have a water view behind and likely the castle. It is also pretty calm there, where you could take the time to setup the tripod etc. I can't immediately think of any good spots at the Contemporary.

MerMom1981

Original Poster
I would go with the beach at the Grand Floridian or Polynesian. Both would have a water view behind and likely the castle. It is also pretty calm there, where you could take the time to setup the tripod etc. I can't immediately think of any good spots at the Contemporary.

Thanks!

kbmum

The Cali Grill has an observation deck with a beautiful view of the Magic Kingdom. Depending upon how crowded it is, you could have trouble setting up a tripod and setting a timer, though. Other possibilities are the bridge between the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower (you'd have to look at the angles and see if you can fit 10 people and have the castle as a backdrop) and the smoking area deck on the fourth floor of the Contemporary. The deck is fairly big and not often crowded. Framed right, you could get the whole family and the castle.

MerMom1981

Original Poster
The Cali Grill has an observation deck with a beautiful view of the Magic Kingdom. Depending upon how crowded it is, you could have trouble setting up a tripod and setting a timer, though. Other possibilities are the bridge between the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower (you'd have to look at the angles and see if you can fit 10 people and have the castle as a backdrop) and the smoking area deck on the fourth floor of the Contemporary. The deck is fairly big and not often crowded. Framed right, you could get the whole family and the castle.
Thanks for the suggestions! We just might try all these spots and see what turns out best!

RMichael21

If you look on the map below (middle leftish), there's a little inlet of water between Sugarloaf Key and Sago Key that offers a very nice view of the castle and Bay Lake and is steps from the main lobby.
gflomap.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom