Best craft beer in Disney

PhilharMagician

Wait, this was a thing!?!

Yeah, they pulled it in 2008 if I remember correct and it was available for at least 5 - 6 years in the Germany pavilion at the Biergarten, Sommerfest and Bier stand. I like Optimator anyway, but on draught it just tastes so much better.

Believe me when I say there was at least one stop everyday I was in Epcot for a pint or a liter if I was having dinner @ Biergarten. :D

Spaten Optimator was replaced with Hovels. :banghead:

jakeman

Yeah, they pulled it in 2008 if I remember correct and it was available for at least 5 - 6 years in the Germany pavilion at the Biergarten, Sommerfest and Bier stand. I like Optimator anyway, but on draught it just tastes so much better.

Believe me when I say there was at least one stop everyday I was in Epcot for a pint or a liter if I was having dinner @ Biergarten. :D

Spaten Optimator was replaced with Hovels. :banghead:
That was a crime against humanity.

Optimator was what got me into beer.

jakeman

How is this beer not in Germany it is easy to get a hold of and a world class beer
I was going to blame InBev because when they came in the mid 00's Spaten was axed and replaced with Becks, but I was looking it up to comment and turns out they distribute Spaten.

I dug a little deeper and it looks like the Germany pavilion is supplied by the Radeberger brewery almost exclusively.

So I guess until that contract expires and isn't renewed and InBev comes back into the German pavilion (who knew we would be rooting for InBev), we are stuck with what we got. Which isn't bad, just isn't what we all seem to prefer.

Tagging @PhilharMagician because it's a Spaten story. :)

Last edited:

The Incredible Schmulk

I dug a little deeper and it looks like the Germany pavilion is supplied by the Radeberger brewery almost exclusively.
Yeah, I was actually surprised to find out that BraufactuM is a Radeberger property. I assumed that they were a bit more boutique than that considering that I've never seen any of their offerings outside of a tap in Epcot. Now that I know that, I'm hoping I can talk some of my local favorites for beer purchases to start stocking a few of their brews. I wouldn't think it would be that hard for them to find a Radeberger property through their distributors.

Has anyone on this thread ever found a BraufactuM beer of any type in the U.S. wild?

jakeman

I think I've seen it at my local bottle shop, but I just checked my Untappd and spot checked the two I had. Both had pretty low overall check ins and only one had check ins in the US.

216bruce

Anyone who mentioned Innis and Gunn, you can get it at ESPN Club at The Boardwalk. I love the stuff and can't find it in the Cleveland area.

The Incredible Schmulk

Anyone who mentioned Innis and Gunn, you can get it at ESPN Club at The Boardwalk. I love the stuff and can't find it in the Cleveland area.
Do they have it on tap, or in bottles? I can find it in bottles on occasion, both the standard barrel aged and the rum cask aged, but finding it on tap can prove to be a little difficult. It's just not the same from the bottle.

216bruce

I seem to remember draught, but it may have been a happy hallucination. It HAS been there for at least two years. They had original and one of the seasonals.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
What is everyone's favorite fall beer. It is that time of year.

My favorite changes year to year. So far, Harpoon Octoberfest is my top choice.

image.jpg

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
BraufactuM Indra - Pale Ale was served @ F&W 2009. This beer was outstanding.

I miss Germany having Spaten Optimator on tap. :(

For a craft beer I think they should have beers from Saratoga Brewery for SSR resort. Their Eye of the Hawk is awesome and the IPA is up there with the best.

Haven't had Eye of the Hawk in a while. Saratoga used to have great distribution here in northern Maryland, but haven't seen them in a few years, now.

At the current moment I am thoroughly enjoying the Southern Tier Warlock (imperial stout with pumpkin spices - imagine if their Pumking and Old Rasputin had a love child). It is my favorite right now because I am drinking it. Tomorrow might lead to a new favorite - we have 10 different pumpkin seasonals and 8 different Octoberfests in the fridge...

Bparso87

Original Poster
Haven't had Eye of the Hawk in a while. Saratoga used to have great distribution here in northern Maryland, but haven't seen them in a few years, now.

At the current moment I am thoroughly enjoying the Southern Tier Warlock (imperial stout with pumpkin spices - imagine if their Pumking and Old Rasputin had a love child). It is my favorite right now because I am drinking it. Tomorrow might lead to a new favorite - we have 10 different pumpkin seasonals and 8 different Octoberfests in the fridge...
Warlock is great had it once tuff to find around here. I got 6 different pumpkin and Octoberfest beers and a 4 pack of old Rasputin for the steelers game tomorrow

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Warlock is great had it once tuff to find around here. I got 6 different pumpkin and Octoberfest beers and a 4 pack of old Rasputin for the steelers game tomorrow

Old Rasputin is one of my all time favorites. A few years back at the Northern Virginia Brewfest, I wore my Old Rasputin t-shirt and the folks from North Coast saw fit to give me free beer all day. That was a long day!!!!!!

Bparso87

Original Poster
Old Rasputin is one of my all time favorites. A few years back at the Northern Virginia Brewfest, I wore my Old Rasputin t-shirt and the folks from North Coast saw fit to give me free beer all day. That was a long day!!!!!!
Sounds awesome it is a great beer

The Incredible Schmulk

I really enjoy the local Oktoberfest Lager out of Red Lodge, MT. From their website: An amber German lager with a big, malty-sweet flavor. We use a lager yeast and long aging time to perfect this beer. Alcohol content: 5.5% by volume. They only come in bombers, and I'll be buying two for the weekend on my way home tomorrow.

But, I'm currently drinking Shiner's Oktoberfest and New Belgium's Tour de Fall. Both of them are excellent seasonal offerings. Shiner's beers tend to be a little sweet and wheaty as a rule and as a result their Oktoberfest is right on point, and the New Belgium offering is a clean and crisp pale ale that's fairly reminiscent of a dry ESB.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom