Best craft beer in Disney

Phonedave

Oh I certainly agree. As my one and done drink menu comment alluded to. Every restaurant has the same glowtini, 6 specialty drinks, and that's about it. And I still like the guest tap (I'm flogging a dead horse here) as then it doesn't matter what gets delivered where. Keg runs out, stick the next one on. Different brand/different brewery? No biggie, it's the guest tap. Ensure all kegs stored in the "red" portion of the cooler cost between $XX and $YY and need to be sold at $Z per pint to hit a certain profit margin. Easy enough. Or am I giving too much credit to the F&B dept.

I agree - that works, and it is easy. But I think you are giving them to much credit :)

While it is easier, even easier is having one beer and not having to do even the minimal amount of thinking that having a rotating tap would involve.

It is a shame, and it is just one indicator of how bland and "corporate" WDW has become.

-dave

Texas84

The bar in Italy had a nice flight. I'm sure it was standard Italian beer and probably not craft, but the CM described each one. Interesting to me since I wasn't familiar with any of them.

The Incredible Schmulk

The bar in Italy had a nice flight. I'm sure it was standard Italian beer and probably not craft, but the CM described each one. Interesting to me since I wasn't familiar with any of them.
The Moretti beers offered in the Italy pavilion are owned and distributed by Heineken, which behind Anheuser Busch-InBev and SABMiller is the third largest manufacturer in the world. Some other notable brews that Heineken owns and distributes are Dos Equis, Sol, Tecate, Murhpy's, Red Stripe, Fosters, Amstel, Killian's, Tiger, and well over a hundred other brands all around the world.

Not that Moretti is a bad brand. The 'La Rossa' is a very solid beer and what I order when dining in the Italy pavilion (when I'm not getting a martini from Tutto Gusto). I'm just throwing all of that out there as a public service announcement. Know to whom your money is going, and all. Support the little guy when you can help it. You folks down in Texas have a darn fine example in Shiner.

dreamfinder

I'm just throwing all of that out there as a public service announcement. Know to whom your money is going, and all. Support the little guy when you can help it. You folks down in Texas have a darn fine example in Shiner.

Good point. Alot of "craft" beers are indeed brewed/owned by BMC (or whatever we call them now). Blue Moon, Third Shift, Shock Top, etc.

Bparso87

Original Poster
Good point. Alot of "craft" beers are indeed brewed/owned by BMC (or whatever we call them now). Blue Moon, Third Shift, Shock Top, etc.
Yes most people think they are craft but people who know beer know that they are not. They are a good way for ppl getting into beer I first tried Sam Adams then blue moon then before u know it I was trying everything.

The Incredible Schmulk

I think Shiner is incredibly over-rated. I never find myself really enjoying any of their brews.
It's not my favorite regional brewer by a large margin, but I respect their model and integrity. Their Oktoberfest is pretty good and Shiner Bock is a great barbecue cooler beer. It's an easy drinker with personality. In that regard, I put it up there with Full Sail's Session Black and Victory's Summer Love. Throw those three together, and I think you have a pretty great backyard selection of relatively easy-to-find beers.

Bparso87

Original Poster
It's not my favorite regional brewer by a large margin, but I respect their model and integrity. Their Oktoberfest is pretty good and Shiner Bock is a great barbecue cooler beer. It's an easy drinker with personality. In that regard, I put it up there with Full Sail's Session Black and Victory's Summer Love. Throw those three together, and I think you have a pretty great backyard selection of relatively easy-to-find beers.
Victory is an amazing brewery with me living in pa and get to get most of there stuff it is in my top 5 brewery with dirt wolf, storm king and hop devil it is top notch.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I think my favorite Brewery right now is Harpoon. I especially enjoy their line of UFOs, their Octoberfest, and their IPA.

I think the only one of their brews I don't particularly like, is the Long Thaw spring seasonal.

Texas84

I'm from NJ. But I like Texas a lot. Amarillo Slim is the man.

Just haven't taken a shine to Shiner.

Just kidding. Saw Gooner under your name. That's one of our pet names for Sooners. :)

Sure, everyone's tastes are different. I have a lot of friends that freak out about IPA but it tastes like lighter fluid to me.

Bparso87

Original Poster
Just kidding. Saw Gooner under your name. That's one of our pet names for Sooners. :)

Sure, everyone's tastes are different. I have a lot of friends that freak out about IPA but it tastes like lighter fluid to me.
IPAs r overrated I like a good one now and then but it is tuff to drink a lot of them

ABQ

I think my favorite Brewery right now is Harpoon. I especially enjoy their line of UFOs, their Octoberfest, and their IPA.

I think the only one of their brews I don't particularly like, is the Long Thaw spring seasonal.
After I moved from Massachusetts to New Mexico, I think I miss Harpoon almost as much as I miss my family. Sometimes more.

Greenlawler

I'll take Yazoo or Terrapin over just about any...

I know it's not for everyone but Liquid Bliss is so just incredible, and my kind of thing.

Seriously never really enjoyed Harpoon, Shiner, etc....ones people tend to like.

But to each his own.

As much as I am not a fan of Blue Moon, their new Fall Pack has some interesting options.

Bparso87

Original Poster
I'll take Yazoo or Terrapin over just about any...

I know it's not for everyone but Liquid Bliss is so just incredible, and my kind of thing.

Seriously never really enjoyed Harpoon, Shiner, etc....ones people tend to like.

But to each his own.

As much as I am not a fan of Blue Moon, their new Fall Pack has some interesting options.
The blue moon pack is trash do not buy. I do love terrapin a lot had it for the first time at Narcoossee's two years ago now try every time I get a chance we only get a few up here

acishere

That is a good Octoberfest I am drinking

Dogfish is one of my favorites so I'm going to have to give this one a try.

My favorite in the fall is Shipyard's Smashed Pumpkin. It takes a lot of searching to find near me, but I think it is totally worth it.

I had Travelers Pumpkin at a bar not too long ago and it was like drinking a pie. Didn't taste like beer at all to me.

Bparso87

Original Poster
Dogfish is one of my favorites so I'm going to have to give this one a try.

My favorite in the fall is Shipyard's Smashed Pumpkin. It takes a lot of searching to find near me, but I think it is totally worth it.

I had Travelers Pumpkin at a bar not too long ago and it was like drinking a pie. Didn't taste like beer at all to me.
Do to like travelers anything fat heads spooky tooth is a good pumpkin imperial ale if u can get your hands on it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom