Behind being a Character at WDW

Valawen9

You guys wanna know what goes on in the day of a character?

We sweat.
We take pictures.
We sign autographs.
We give hugs and kisses.
We sometimes get hit or kicked.
We sweat. A lot.

I honestly don't think many people realize how heavy the costumes truly are, and i'm glad this article was written. Some of you people might want to read it again and read a little more into the costume designs and such.

Actually, every single time we're out there on a hot day and I walk past a character in costume the first thing I think is, 'man they've got to be dying in that outfit!' :dazzle: lol

kengels

Anyone know what the weight is on the new character heads with the moving mouths? Those have to weight more than the ones that don’t have that ability. And does the person really move the mouth or is it synched up to a computer?

Mecha Figment

Actually, every single time we're out there on a hot day and I walk past a character in costume the first thing I think is, 'man they've got to be dying in that outfit!' :dazzle: lol

yes think it but please don't say it out loud. I really want to punch people who say that out loud when children are around.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Not for everywhere. Certain areas you have to hike it to your spot.
I'm aware... I was a nice van driver :) I knew how to maneuver those gigantic things in places most would be uncomfortable driving a mini. And I also had common sense... which is lacking in the Disney Entertainment Management Pool.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Anyone know what the weight is on the new character heads with the moving mouths? Those have to weight more than the ones that don’t have that ability. And does the person really move the mouth or is it synched up to a computer?
They're controlled by the performer... and they aren't much heavier than their set counterparts - just a bit more of a pain to get dressed in

WDWKat26

Hey, you'd be surprised. Honestly, I hate when people come up to me and say, "God, you must be so hot in there". Ya know what? Yeah, it is freaking hot. If you're hot, i'm 20 degrees hotter than you. Characters don't need the sympathy or Captain Obvious comments, we just want to hug, sign and take a photo with people. Plain and simple.

banimall

I always wondered if there were ever "accidents" in those costumes, such as a parade that went a little longer than expected and how the costume was cleaned. I guess it would give new meaning to the Pooh costume.

Valawen9

Hey, you'd be surprised. Honestly, I hate when people come up to me and say, "God, you must be so hot in there". Ya know what? Yeah, it is freaking hot. If you're hot, i'm 20 degrees hotter than you. Characters don't need the sympathy or Captain Obvious comments, we just want to hug, sign and take a photo with people. Plain and simple.

Like I said, I think it...I don't say it. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom