Becoming a Disney Cast Member?

hellotim

Original Poster
My daughter is 16 and a huge Disney fan. She even wants to get married at WDW or have her honeymoon there. She mentions often about working at Disney and would love to take part in the shows and parades.

Does anyone know how you apply to be a cast member or if there are any taster days so that she can see what it's like. :veryconfu

raven

Visit the Casting building across from Planet Hollywood in the Downtown Disney area. That's where you go to apply. :animwink:

hellotim

Original Poster
Visit the Casting building across from Planet Hollywood in the Downtown Disney area. That's where you go to apply. :animwink:

Thanks Raven, DTD is the last place I would have thought of. I must check it out when we are there next week. :wave:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
A word of advice: I've heard that custodial is actually one of the BEST jobs at WDW. Most of the "gross" parts of cleaning are taken care of by the supplies, and you actually get to interact with people since you're not focused on getting as many people through the line as possible. Not to mention the pay is better.
Of course, this is all through the grapevine, so...

Here's a whole section on the threads dedicated to employment and whatnot. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

hellotim

Original Poster
A word of advice: I've heard that custodial is actually one of the BEST jobs at WDW. Most of the "gross" parts of cleaning are taken care of by the supplies, and you actually get to interact with people since you're not focused on getting as many people through the line as possible. Not to mention the pay is better.

Here's a whole section on the threads dedicated to employment and whatnot. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Cheers TubaGeek will check it out now. :sohappy:

EpcotServo

If she wants to be Entertainment she needs to go into that whole acting/entertainment world, because they don't let just anyone audition, it's much more complicated I believe, Unions and Actor Guilds and such.
:wave:

rct247

Custodial does have its benefits. If you are at the parks, you can be cleaning restrooms one day and cleaning the streets the next. You have to wipe down toilets, take out trash, clean up of ice cream spills, and of course other spills, but you get to trade pins, help give directions, have casual conversations with guests, walk around your section of the park at your own pace, and help take pictures for guests.

I'm not sure if the pay is better, but the freedom you have can be considered as an extra benefit. It's all in how you look at it.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
What is the starting pay at Disney nowadays? When I was on my CP back in 2003-2004 it was like $6-something/hr

mastif

I would like to second that. I have picked up quite a few custodial shifts before and you have just about all the freedom you want, of course you are "supposed" to stay in your assigned location ;-)

WDW_Emily

My cousin is a Custodian at the Animal Kingdom and he LOVES it! like said above you interact with the quest a lot and he said the worst part is the sun in the summer but its an awesome job

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
thanks everyone, great advice. Its given us a lot to think about. :veryconfu

I think being from the UK her best option would be the International College Program once she goes to University. She would have the option of program length and her visa for the duration of her program as well as housing arrangements would be taken care of by the company. They use International College program students in the UK pavilion as well as in entertainment and other roles throughout the parks.

I think being from the UK her best option would be the International College Program once she goes to University. She would have the option of program length and her visa for the duration of her program as well as housing arrangements would be taken care of by the company. They use International College program students in the UK pavilion as well as in entertainment and other roles throughout the parks.

I was just about to say the same. We have some UK ICPs in our merchandise zone at DTD. I think they are statused at Goofy's, but do pick up other shifts. The ICPs are here for a year, I believe...

joanna71985

What is the starting pay at Disney nowadays? When I was on my CP back in 2003-2004 it was like $6-something/hr

It is now starting at $7.21

I totally agree! I did custodial at Epcot for my CP in 2007, and I enjoyed it. There was a lot of freedom, and great guest interaction.

elisatonks

having had it pointed out your posting from the UK. The employment agency called yummy jobs deals with all disney's UK recruitment, I have PM you their website, plus other sites i found helpful when i applied for my ICP program a couple of years ago. She will have to wait till she is 18, but she can always contact yummy jobs now for more info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom