Bad Experience at Coronado Springs Resort

Jahona

This is scary. We are staying at the Coronado for the first time next month (against my DH's wishes) so that we can get the free dining. He would prefer staying at POR, easy access to DS with the boat. I did request a preferred room, so hopefully we won't have a long walk, especially as I sit here in a surgical boot after a severely sprained ankle (torn 2 ligaments).

What the OP experienced is not the norm. Issues can happen and in your case with a medical injury hopefully accommodations are made. Coronado is a fairly large resort but the walking distance from the Cabanas or the Casitas can be manageable. You can also usually take a bus ride from one of the bus stop locations to the front.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is scary. We are staying at the Coronado for the first time next month (against my DH's wishes) so that we can get the free dining. He would prefer staying at POR, easy access to DS with the boat. I did request a preferred room, so hopefully we won't have a long walk, especially as I sit here in a surgical boot after a severely sprained ankle (torn 2 ligaments).
Just a quick FYI....A preferred room is not something you request. It is an actual booking category you have book and pay for to get. While you can still of course book a standard room and request a preferred room, the chances of you getting it are very, very slim. It would be akin to booking a room in the garden win at the Contemporary and requesting a club room in the tower.

EvilQueen-T

Your stay reminds me of our experience when we stayed club level at the boardwalk for my sisters 40th birthday. Because of one experience it can turn you off ever staying at a resort again. We've stayed at CSR a couple times and never had any negative issues but last month we stayed at AKL (no problems w the resort itself) but somehow my husbands info had been transferred to an out of state family members my disney experience account (shock to us to be sure just thank goodness it was a relative) so nothing was working right. We spent hours of our trip trying to get things to work right like you did.

Dad 2 M & M

Your stay reminds me of our experience when we stayed club level at the boardwalk for my sisters 40th birthday. Because of one experience it can turn you off ever staying at a resort again. We've stayed at CSR a couple times and never had any negative issues but last month we stayed at AKL (no problems w the resort itself) but somehow my husbands info had been transferred to an out of state family members my disney experience account (shock to us to be sure just thank goodness it was a relative) so nothing was working right. We spent hours of our trip trying to get things to work right like you did.
Same thing happened to me this trip as well as most recent previous.....not sure what has been corrupted, but something has happened. Disney has made it right, but BOTH trips it took multiple attempts to correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom