Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

VJ

By that logic, if they do pull it off this time will you always believe they will?
that's kinda apples to oranges don't you think? if they pull it off this time i'll be pleasantly surprised, but my hopes aren't very high considering they promised almost the exact same thing for galaxy's edge and the majority of the stuff people were looking forward to were cut at the last minute, and still haven't been reinstated.

i'm just going by recent track records under current management, disney will have to prove themselves with avengers campus since they dropped the ball on galaxy's edge. that doesn't mean i'll like or dislike anything disney puts out by default because that's not how it works.

captveg

The only way my faith can possibly be restored is when Avengers AND Galaxy’s Edge are in A mode- aliens, droids, and rooftop stunt shows.

Won't happen for a long while in Galaxy's Edge, IMO. Not with the worst financial crisis for the company since 9/11 currently occurring. They cut that element during peak revenue times around 2018. Now the parks and movie side of the company are gonna be in tight-belt mode for a couple years due to crashing stock, park closures and attendance drops at the open parks and theaters.

Phroobar

Which is what I find curious about this. TSMM doesn't have the spinning tag on it.
Technically TSMM "spins" as it turns a corner. You get whipped around pretty well. This one I believe is on a track from above like Peter Pan. Therefore the car "spins" as it turns into a new row of screens. I think it is a whip vs spin thing.

planodisney

They invested and built all that and feed us the same marketing lines for GE and didn't deliver. Yes, they are that stupid to do it again. It's exactly the same marketing stick. If for some miracle they do this at AE, why can't they do it across the way at the same time?

The only difference is Chapek isn't in charge of it but no one knows who is.
No they didn’t.
Nothing on the scale of the investment into research and development for the Spiderman stuntronic or the work they are putting into the crane scenes for the show. I don’t blame anyone for being skeptical but I honestly see this different. What we HEARD was going to happen in GE and what we can SEE actually being built and developed in AC are 2 very different things.

Mickeyboof

No they didn’t.
Nothing on the scale of the investment into research and development for the Spiderman stuntronic or the work they are putting into the crane scenes for the show.

Just like the scale of Jake’s research and development, or the R&D involved with Bluetooth readers around Batuu reading our personal track records within the land.

We don’t see him rolling around though, and no ones walked up to me in the cantina warning me Hondo is after my tail.

fctiger

Wow I am super excited about this land!

It all sounds great to me and the Spider Man ride is going to be very very popular. The AA Spider Man alone will get people in the line. I know some people here are not feeling this ride and thinks its too much TSMM but that's honestly the point. TSMM is one of the most popular rides in DCA and its even MORE popular in Florida and Tokyo. They wanted to go with something that already works AND that has no height limit so everyone can ride it (because we know that won't be the case with the new Avengers ride). As for it being a duplicate ride system as TSMM, who cares? Does anyone complain FL basically have four rides all with the exact same system and set up? No, because they work. As long as the ride is fun that's what will get people going. The web shooting tech is going to make it a HUGE draw especially for my kids, no doubt.

I'm also happy the ride will take place around the campus and not in some garage environment I saw some of the rumors for.

The other parts of the land sounds great, especially the stunt show. It does suck GE cut theirs before opening but I do understand why at the time. It's pretty surreal we get this and GE basically a year apart. AC won't have the same draw as GE does being smaller but its going to be immensely popular and if the WEB ride is on the level of TSM or above then its going to be a big draw until the main E ticket shows up in a few years.

TP2000

After the disappointment of Star Wars Land, I read any of Bob Jr.'s media statements with a giant block of salt. I just can't trust what Disney says anymore. And that's their fault.

That said, I don't have a huge interest in Marvel Land yet. I will visit in July, walk through and look at the new buildings and hope the stuntronic hasn't broken down already, and consider going on the Spiderman Mania ride based on online reviews and information.

But as of now, Marvel Land is going to be mainly appreciated by me as the return of the shortcut from the Golden Vine wine bar to HollywoodLand.

BubbaisSleep

Wow I am super excited about this land!

It all sounds great to me and the Spider Man ride is going to be very very popular. The AA Spider Man alone will get people in the line. I know some people here are not feeling this ride and thinks its too much TSMM but that's honestly the point. TSMM is one of the most popular rides in DCA and its even MORE popular in Florida and Tokyo. They wanted to go with something that already works AND that has no height limit so everyone can ride it (because we know that won't be the case with the new Avengers ride). As for it being a duplicate ride system as TSMM, who cares? Does anyone complain FL basically have four rides all with the exact same system and set up? No, because they work. As long as the ride is fun that's what will get people going. The web shooting tech is going to make it a HUGE draw especially for my kids, no doubt.

I'm also happy the ride will take place around the campus and not in some garage environment I saw some of the rumors for.

The other parts of the land sounds great, especially the stunt show. It does suck GE cut theirs before opening but I do understand why at the time. It's pretty surreal we get this and GE basically a year apart. AC won't have the same draw as GE does being smaller but its going to be immensely popular and if the WEB ride is on the level of TSM or above then its going to be a big draw until the main E ticket shows up in a few years.
I find TSMM highly overrated. So I'm hoping this version is actually an improvement of that. I feel like if they added an actual dark ride or two on the pier TSMM wouldn't be so popular. It was pretty much the only dark ride at DHS for a long time as well. I wonder if the wait will go down at all now that 2 new family attractions have opened.

As long as I'm convinced I'm shooting webs on the ride, I'll be happy. TSMM just feels like a video game in front of a screen surrounded by pretty props to me. Makes sense kids love it though. I mean many parents just shove a screen in-front of their children to keep them quiet. Who need quality when you got the video-game ride?

I'm excited to ride. This is Disney's first Marvel ride that isn't a makeover of an existing attraction so this is their chance to show they know what they're doing with the franchise. Especially as there is already an amazing Spiderman ride hosted by their competition.

planodisney

Just like the scale of Jake’s research and development, or the R&D involved with Bluetooth readers around Batuu reading our personal track records within the land.

We don’t see him rolling around though, and no ones walked up to me in the cantina warning me Hondo is after my tail.
Not the same scope at all and there is a difference between R&D and R&D with visual construction and visual evidence of animatronics to follow the R&D.

planodisney

I find TSMM highly overrated. So I'm hoping this version is actually an improvement of that. I feel like if they added an actual dark ride or two on the pier TSMM wouldn't be so popular. It was pretty much the only dark ride at DHS for a long time as well. I wonder if the wait will go down at all now that 2 new family attractions have opened.

As long as I'm convinced I'm shooting webs on the ride, I'll be happy. TSMM just feels like a video game in front of a screen surrounded by pretty props to me. Makes sense kids love it though. I mean many parents just shove a screen in-front our their children to keep them quiet. Who need quality when you got the video-game ride?

fctiger

After the disappointment of Star Wars Land, I read any of Bob Jr.'s media statements with a giant block of salt. I just can't trust what Disney says anymore. And that's their fault.

That said, I don't have a huge interest in Marvel Land yet. I will visit in July, walk through and look at the new buildings and hope the stuntronic hasn't broken down already, and consider going on the Spiderman Mania ride based on online reviews and information.

But as of now, Marvel Land is going to be mainly appreciated by me as the return of the shortcut from the Golden Vine wine bar to HollywoodLand.

So basically what ABL already was for most of us who didn't have kids under 5 for its 15 years of existence. ;)

The land is not going to be for everyone but for me, its a HUGE improvement bar none than what was there for much of DCA's life span.

fctiger

The wait times finally went down on TSMM when they added the 2nd track. It’s still extremely popular.

Yes, exactly! And it still gets 2-3 hour waits at TDR in the busy season and that's been open there for a few years as well. I get what people are saying, but I don't remotely agree with it because A. why would you not duplicate something that is already immensely popular and HOPEFULLY better and B. that some seem to forget this is the smaller ride coming and Avengers will probably be the ROTR attraction that will be the main draw of not just the land, but the park as a whole. And that sounds like its rumored to be based on the Flight of Passage ride system, which is nothing but an updated version of Soaring, which in itself is still very very popular worldwide.

Disney knows what its doing. People not like it or agree with it but if its going to bring in the same fandom TSMM has, then it will be considered a huge hit. Now if it doesn't that's a different story. But just based on the description alone, I honestly don't know how it won't be, especially when Spider-Man is so popular in general these days.

And for me, anything is a huge improvement over cheap carnival kid spinners that use to sit there. ;)

Mickeyboof

Not the same scope at all and there is a difference between R&D and R&D with visual construction and visual evidence of animatronics to follow the R&D.

9DCF9428-657C-46DB-9A89-E28E255B0D2F.jpeg

sponono88

The only way my faith can possibly be restored is when Avengers AND Galaxy’s Edge are in A mode- aliens, droids, and rooftop stunt shows.

It’s absolutely false advertising to put these claims into print, then silently cut them. You can’t fool me.

Did I miss something? When did Disney advertise stunt shows for GE?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom