Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

SSG

From Good Morning America:

"In a first for any Disney park, Spider-Man will swing, somersault and flip as high as 60 feet above the WEB building throughout the day."

“He’s going to be swinging into action high above the rooftops with amazing acrobatics and gravity-defying feats,” Fields said.

"The effect will be achieved using something Disney Imagineers call “Stuntronics”, or robots capable of performing extreme acrobatics. The technology was previewed in July 2018."

"At Avengers Campus, a Stuntronics version of Spidey will handle the dangerous acrobatic feats above, with the illusion completed by a costumed human who will swoop down to meet and greet recruits on the ground."

Mickeyboof

Only casting and rehearsals were done after the land opened for that special event. Nothing was casted before the land was opened, as all that was cut earlier in the process. Avengers Campus will open with the stunt show.

Untrue, but okay.

I mean, we saw rehearsal footage. Rehearsals inform how the stage and technical aspects be built, and vice versa.

The stunt show was rehearsed about a year or two before opening. The stunt show was spoken about countless times to sell the land.

But sure- it was all just for the one off event.

RescueTheDay

Untrue, but okay.

I mean, we saw rehearsal footage. Rehearsals inform how the stage and technical aspects be built, and vice versa.

The stunt show was rehearsed about a year or two before opening. The stunt show was spoken about countless times to sell the land.

But sure- it was all just for the one off event.

Untrue, but continue on with your day.

Feel free to send over a screenshot of that Disney casting notice.

Mickeyboof

and I repeat, nothing made it past the earlier stages. No casting calls were made as it didn't go forward. Footage you're looking at was done by a stunt company, but cut early on. Difference here is that casting calls were made, and followed through with Avengers.

Nothing made it past the earlier stages...

Except for the design, fabrication, construction, and execution of multiple stages around the land which were performed on.

But sure, it was a pet project two years ago that went nowhere!

flutas

and I repeat, nothing made it past the earlier stages. No casting calls were made as it didn't go forward. Footage you're looking at was done by a stunt company, but cut early on. Difference here is that casting calls were made, and followed through with Avengers.

FWIW: All the news articles I can find talking about the casting calls (since I have yet to find them directly) never mention it being temporary.

Mickeyboof

FWIW: All the news articles I can find talking about the casting calls (since I have yet to find them directly) never mention it being temporary.

The Rise event in Flordia mentioned “temporary.”

But the multiple year development, then sudden cancelation, was anything but “temporary.”

One doesn’t built a multiple leveled stage rigged for explosions and lighting for a one-off event.

Go to Galaxy’s Edge and look. You’ll see extremely cleverly hidden lighting, sound, and other technical elements built into the core of these “stages.”

Mickeyboof

Can you post one that mentions casting calls for a stunt show, outside of the Rise opening ceremony one?

Why do casting calls matter so much to you? Have you been to Galaxy’s Edge? Go look at the stages. They’re built and equipped for shows meant to occur daily.

It’s just a fact that Chapek cut entertainment before soon before opening the land.

Mickeyboof

Test kitchen. I have to admit, this did make me genuinely laugh a little.

C51E174A-6517-41E3-BB3D-F9893E7A6543.jpeg

BrianLo

Original Poster
Nothing made it past the earlier stages...

Except for the design, fabrication, construction, and execution of multiple stages around the land which were performed on.

But sure, it was a pet project two years ago that went nowhere!

The Galaxies Edge stunt show was cancelled (or "postponed) much further in advance. Not two+ years in advance (hence all the staging being present), but in line with the Project Stardust panic about crowds along with greedy cost cuts.

I understand the pessimism, but it wasn't a last second change. Reaffirming the stunt and "Jedi training" type shows at this juncture would make this a pretty last second cut.

BUT affirming the world is in crisis/hysteria and literally who knows what's happening by July.

What is interesting, are that the three large complaints against GE (a stunt show, a training academy and a broad range of characters) seem to be present for this project...

Mickeyboof

The Galaxies Edge stunt show was cancelled (or "postponed) much further in advance. Not two+ years in advance (hence all the staging being present), but in line with the Project Stardust panic about crowds along with greedy cost cuts.

I understand the pessimism, but it wasn't a last second change. Reaffirming the stunt and "Jedi training" type shows at this juncture would make this a pretty last second cut.

BUT affirming the world is in crisis/hysteria and literally who knows what's happening by July.

What is interesting, are that the three large complaints against GE (a stunt show, a training academy and a broad range of characters) seem to be present for this project...

Sure! But it was never, ever, ever a temporary project. Not until they were resurrected for one-offs events.

But, again, it was far enough into development to have been fully completed in the land. It was not a “temporary thing.”

BrianLo

Original Poster
Sure! But it was never, ever, ever a temporary project. Not until they were resurrected for one-offs events.

But, again, it was far enough into development to have been fully completed in the land. It was not a “temporary thing.”

Absolutely. I think there is some obfuscation between the temporary opening show (which was temporary and the only thing ever cast) and the "postponed" stunt show. Which definitely had all the staging and land integration planned, but I think might have been "postponed" (which could just mean cancelled forever) when budget cuts set in somewhere I think in 2018.

Personally I think the stunt show will eventually happen. It has all the staging, which is the more expensive part. Eventually Disney will throw another "summer of Star Wars" type thing and free up some funding through that type of promotion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom