SirLink

I think WDI and DAK see this area retaining guests for 2-3 hours on top of their normal day at DAK. Assuming the park added a legitimate reason to be there at night, DAK would have a decent shot at being a "full-day" park.

So when it doesn't - do they blame the IP? WDI? Themselves?

ToTBellHop

So when it doesn't - do they blame the IP? WDI? Themselves?
If they have a nighttime show and more dining, it will be a full-day park like DHS. DHS' problem is that they didn't keep expanding after Fantasmic arrived, so that it's so stale now (along with everything else at DHS) that it's dead at night. Avatar and a nighttime show would give DAK several years of enough excitement for people to stay for a full day. Whether or not they build on that (like Universal is doing), we'll have to see.

This, of course, assumes Avatar is a worthwhile addition. This is the problem with FLE--people came to see it but most will not return because all they found was a pretty restaurant and a C/D-ticket wearing a (very pretty) E-ticket dress.

WDWFREAK53

I think WDI and DAK see this area retaining guests for 2-3 hours on top of their normal day at DAK. Assuming the park added a legitimate reason to be there at night, DAK would have a decent shot at being a "full-day" park.

To be honest...the only legitimate way they will keep people in the parks later will be a nighttime show...or unless they make this new area a different "experience" at night with the bioluminescence.

You put a really good "must-see" nighttime show at DAK...and you have a full-day park (or at least a park that has staggered "rush periods". Early rush at rope drop for those that want the Safari...and later rush for those that want to finish up the day and see a great nighttime show.

Fox&Hound

I'd looooove a night time show. But, even with an Avatar addition (even if it is great) I still don't see it being a full day park. You have the safari (which is incredible), Everest, Dinosaur, The Lion King and Nemo shows (both great),Bug's Life, the Dino playland for kiddles, and.....Um???? Ahh????? They need 5-6 more mid-level rides like some dark rides or a boat ride to keep crowds entertained. But I think this is a great step in the right direction. Here's hoping....

SirLink

I'd looooove a night time show. But, even with an Avatar addition (even if it is great) I still don't see it being a full day park. You have the safari (which is incredible), Everest, Dinosaur, The Lion King and Nemo shows (both great),Bug's Life, the Dino playland for kiddles, and.....Um???? Ahh????? They need 5-6 more mid-level rides like some dark rides or a boat ride to keep crowds entertained. But I think this is a great step in the right direction. Here's hoping....

Just like Epcot and DHS, DAK needs attractions as a priority first. They also require those rides to run the gambit as well

WDWFREAK53

Just like Epcot and DHS, DAK needs attractions as a priority first. They also require those rides to run the gambit as well

Exactly.

They need to attractions to get the people through the park and busy enough during the day where they aren't saying, "Ok, what do we do now?"

While Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo are great shows...people aren't as inclined to sit through shows multiple times as they are attractions. (For example, I can't remember the last time I saw the Indiana Jones show...)

Fox&Hound

Exactly.

They need to attractions to get the people through the park and busy enough during the day where they aren't saying, "Ok, what do we do now?"

While Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo are great shows...people aren't as inclined to sit through shows multiple times as they are attractions. (For example, I can't remember the last time I saw the Indiana Jones show...)

I agree. The safari has built in viewings-I mean, every time you see it, it could be very different depending on the animals. But Nemo and LionKing- do people view those shows every time they attend the park???? Probably not....

According to latest rumors, Avatar will bring two rides and a restaurant-is that correct? AK still needs a few more places to eat that really wow-right now it's more quick service and food carts. Where is the Be Our Guest equivalent? Creative spots similar to Sci-Fi Dine in? If AK is to be a full day experience we need more rides and quality places to sit down and eat....

SirLink

I agree. The safari has built in viewings-I mean, every time you see it, it could be very different depending on the animals. But Nemo and LionKing- do people view those shows every time they attend the park???? Probably not....

According to latest rumors, Avatar will bring two rides and a restaurant-is that correct? AK still needs a few more places to eat that really wow-right now it's more quick service and food carts. Where is the Be Our Guest equivalent? Creative spots similar to Sci-Fi Dine in? If AK is to be a full day experience we need more rides and quality places to sit down and eat....

Does. Not. Compute. We can do better than those.

spectromagic04

I view the shows every time I visit AK. I do agree though that AK needs more rides and dining locations to compliment the shows and rides they already have.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
This is the problem with FLE--people came to see it but most will not return because all they found was a pretty restaurant and a C/D-ticket wearing a (very pretty) E-ticket dress.
Warning - obscure Canadian music reference ahead:
Your comment reminds me of Trooper's "3 Dressed Up as a 9".

WDWFanDave

@Tim_4 any update? Another thread indicates delays now due to issues with FOTLK, as reported by OTPN on Twitter. Just wondered if you have anything additional?

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom