AVATAR land construction progress

flyerjab

dakaerial-6-jpg.134282

They should have a banshee animatronic rise up out of that opening on top of the floating mountain every so often.

MagicGoofy

dakaerial-6-jpg.134282

They should have a banshee animatronic rise up out of that opening on top of the floating mountain every so often.
It would be awesome if they could use some hidden speakers through out the land to where you could hear the shrieks of the banshees as if they were in the distance. It could be pretty neat and scary because you wouldn't be able to see them.

No Name

I like your optimism pal... but I just can't see them doing any of those. Even if those are some pretty good ideas.

The biggest problem with MyMagic+ was that it came too early. It is the first public system of its kind, and if you diagree with that, you definitely can't deny that it's the first system of its kind that over an average of 100K people use daily. It's truly an industry-leading innovation, regardless of whether or not you like it. Disney had no previous model to go by when coming up with this, and so they spent a killing making mistakes.

If MyMagic+ were to be created and implemented 10 years from now, it would likely cost half as much, and there would be half as many problems. Today's technology simply isn't good enough, and more importantly, reliable enough, to really alow MyMagic+ to be nearly flawless and operate well. And it isn't cheap enough either. This is not a question of whether a system like MyMagic+ is the future, because it definitely is. It's a question of whether it was done at the right time. I'd say it came a bit too early, and the overblown budget and frequent problems are clear support of this.

So right now, the cost of having StoryMaker features nearly everywhere, and the amount of problems that are sure to arise, might be too high for the value gained by these features. That's what would stop Disney from really using this to their full advantage. But some day, when the technology is cheap and reliable enough, that's when we'll the see the types of things I was describing.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom