AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Daveeeeed

I'm not really into that kind of stuff, but I went to see them once and it was fantastic!
Which show? I've only seen Kurios, but have seen a bunch of Musicals like Jersey Boys And Phantom. To me from the soundtracks of the other Cirque shows, and some segments on youtube they look consistently good.

Stripes

Which show? I've only seen Kurios, but have seen a bunch of Musicals like Jersey Boys And Phantom. To me from the soundtracks of the other Cirque shows, and some segments on youtube they look consistently good.
Not sure how it ranks compared to their other shows but I went to see Varekai. I thought it was really good! Stunning! As you noted that soundtrack was amazing.

It seems Varekai (premiered in 2002, though it was in my area just last year) is actually quite a bit older than Kurios (2014), so I'm sure Kurios was even better!

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Not sure how it ranks compared to their other shows but I went to see Varekai. I thought it was really good! Stunning! As you noted that soundtrack was amazing.

It seems Varekai (premiered in 2002, though it was in my area just last year) is actually quite a bit older than Kurios (2014), so I'm sure Kurios was even better!
Listen to Kurios' soundtrack. It could be a top notch film score:) Kurios also is steampunk themed which is something I am a huge fan of, so I might be biased:oops:

Also Varekai has received tons of updates to keep it up to the times, so it's actually not outdated. It's generally not regarded as one of the best of Cirque but it's good. I haven't seen Varekai though. I've only heard the soundtrack and watched some clips:happy:

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

I am going to Disney next weekend and will take tons of photos of everything anyone wants on my dslr. Will be taking pictures of avatar. Any specific photos?

Last edited:

Lexxweb

Let me tell you something which may not matter but would have helped me to know: no, you don't get turned upside down, but you are moved into about every position that is not truly upside down. As soon as the movement started I was worried about stuff flying out of my pockets so I spent the ride with my hands pressed into my pockets which meant I couldn't hold on and was very uncomfortable. This after the person guarding the locker room told me I would be fine, that only items too big to fit in pockets needed to be stowed. The next time I ride that thing, I'm either putting everything in a locker or I'm buying some vintage cargo pants and rockin' Harry Potter 80's-syle.

For items in your pocket, you don't need to grab a locker. Each seat on the "bench" has a built-in glove-compartment that your back rests up against. It pulls open and you can stow a phone, wallet, keys, etc.

Slowjack

For items in your pocket, you don't need to grab a locker. Each seat on the "bench" has a built-in glove-compartment that your back rests up against. It pulls open and you can stow a phone, wallet, keys, etc.
Wait, what? I had to Google this to make sure you weren't joking. How is one supposed to know about that? Also, is there really enough time to get stuff in and out at load/unload? Seems like the timing would be tight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom