AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

flyerjab

Looking at the pin designs, I am thinking that this entire expansion is really being modeled after the rest of DAK, specifically Africa and Asia.

This is going to be a land that we can lose ourselves in, but the backbone that will tie all of this together is going to be the ACE company and their staff. I am assuming that through the wonders of terraforming, we can exist in the same space as the Na'vi. Throughout this land, with ACE partnering along side the indigenous Na'vi people, we will almost be on a guided tour of all the thrills that this alien landscape has to offer. But beyond just the rides and the 'natural' beauty of the land itself, I would bet that there will be Na'vi cultural edutainment built into this entire experience. There will be Na'vi history and cultural elements built into the artwork, jewelry (all for sale of course), as well as the native foods that will be offered. There may be a ceremonial drum show that we can view, or there may be AAs of the animals native to this world that we can see (and potentially not just on the boat ride). There may be a class for kids (and adults) that teach rudimentary elements of the Na'vi language. I am thinking that this will offer way more than just 2 rides and some pretty scenery, and I continue to get more excited the more I think about it. Also, this will give a much needed shot of adrenaline to the DAK after dark offerings.

twebber55

Looking at the pin designs, I am thinking that this entire expansion is really being modeled after the rest of DAK, specifically Africa and Asia.

This is going to be a land that we can lose ourselves in, but the backbone that will tie all of this together is going to be the ACE company and their staff. I am assuming that through the wonders of terraforming, we can exist in the same space as the Na'vi. Throughout this land, with ACE partnering along side the indigenous Na'vi people, we will almost be on a guided tour of all the thrills that this alien landscape has to offer. But beyond just the rides and the 'natural' beauty of the land itself, I would bet that there will be Na'vi cultural edutainment built into this entire experience. There will be Na'vi history and cultural elements built into the artwork, jewelry (all for sale of course), as well as the native foods that will be offered. There may be a ceremonial drum show that we can view, or there may be AAs of the animals native to this world that we can see (and potentially not just on the boat ride). There may be a class for kids (and adults) that teach rudimentary elements of the Na'vi language. I am thinking that this will offer way more than just 2 rides and some pretty scenery, and I continue to get more excited the more I think about it. Also, this will give a much needed shot of adrenaline to the DAK after dark offerings.
my guess is humans will be able to be there because they re in this specific Mo ara Valley

also guess number 2, with 5 weeks to go before the D23 event we may a slowly get some info leaked like we got today

Last edited:

flyerjab

my guess is humans will be able to be there because there in this specific Mo ara Valley

also guess number 2, with 5 weeks to go before the D23 event we may a slowly get some info leaked like we got today

How nice will that be. With so many other threads drifting off topic due to nothing really happening at the moment, the RoL thread will explode soon. But to have some new, tangible Pandora stuff to discuss will be welcome indeed.

Mike S

Wouldn't the idea of terraforming for our needs be counter to keeping in touch with the nature of the area? Who knows, Earth's atmosphere could be toxic to the natives of Pandora.

Cesar R M

I hope they someday expand the offers.
Imagine having a dark show mixed with M&G with a few na'vi animatronics (including a shaman one) telling stories under a campfire or something...

Lexxweb

Wait, what? I had to Google this to make sure you weren't joking. How is one supposed to know about that? Also, is there really enough time to get stuff in and out at load/unload? Seems like the timing would be tight.

It's not advertised, which is weird. I always have enough time to stow and retrieve my belongings. As you're about to walk on the belt make sure you have all loose articles out of your pockets. It can hold an iPhone/Wallet/Keys comfortably, don't try and jam more in there than that. If you're prepared it's an easy process.

TP2000

Might as well put my annual Avatar Halloween Costume Tally here this year...

I just finished watching Disneyland's Halloween Screams fireworks from the deck, and having my usual 5:00pm Scotch at 9:30pm since I was busy answering the door all night. My neighborhood in Villa Park, California is always very, very busy for Halloween. This year was no different, and it helped that tonight was the first truly "crisp" night of the fall.

From the first doorbell at 4:55pm to the last doorbell at 9:05pm, I had 46 doorbells to answer tonight. Most of the time I answered the door to multiple kids, with about a dozen family groups of dad-mom-kids all dressed in some theme presentation. I estimate I had well over 100 trick-or-treaters combined. And 2016 just went down as another year when absolutely none of them showed up as any character from Avatar.

The breakdown was slightly different from last year, although Star Wars and Superheroes were easily the biggest category. The family groups seemed to favor Star Wars, with one fun family of Stormtroopers, and a few families with dad as Darth or Chewie, and mom and the kids as various other Star Wars characters. Captain America was big with kidnergartner boys, but Princesses weren't as big with the girls this year. Ghouls and ghosts and zombies made a bit of a comeback for the older boys and girls.

Costume Of The Year, who got the See's Candy chocolate basket I get each year for that spontaneous award, went to a hilarious brother and sister act who were dressed as Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. But the show stopper line after "Trick Or Treat!" and some laughs came from the little sister when she said "I had to leave Huma at home this year!". I died, and they got the award. Dad came back later with them both so they could thank me for the big candy award. Cute kids.

But of the 100+ trick-or-treaters of all ages tonight, absolutely no one was wearing anything Avatar. A quick search on the Party City and Target websites shows there are no Avatar costumes available for purchase. Again. I wonder if that worries TDO or Burbank?

Last edited:

Ripken10

I just finished watching Disneyland's Halloween Screams fireworks from the deck, and having my usual 5:00pm Scotch at 9:30pm since I was busy answering the door all night. My neighborhood in Villa Park, California is always very, very busy for Halloween. This year was no different, and it helped that tonight was the first truly "crisp" night of the fall.

From the first doorbell at 4:55pm to the last doorbell at 9:05pm, I had 46 doorbells to answer tonight. Most of the time I answered the door to multiple kids, with about a dozen family groups of dad-mom-kids all dressed in some theme presentation. I estimate I had well over 100 trick-or-treaters combined. And 2016 just went down as another year when absolutely none of them showed up as any character from Avatar.

The breakdown was slightly different from last year, although Star Wars and Superheroes were easily the biggest category. The family groups seemed to favor Star Wars, with one fun family of Stormtroopers, and a few families with dad as Darth or Chewie, and mom and the kids as various other Star Wars characters. Captain America was big with kidnergartner boys, but Princesses weren't as big with the girls this year. Ghouls and ghosts and zombies made a bit of a comeback for the older boys and girls.

Costume Of The Year, who got the See's Candy chocolate basket I get each year for that spontaneous award, went to a hilarious brother and sister act who were dressed as Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. But the show stopper line after "Trick Or Treat!" and some laughs came from the little sister when she said "I had to leave Huma at home this year!". I died, and they got the award. Dad came back later with them both so they could thank me for the big candy award. Cute kids.

But of the 100+ trick-or-treaters of all ages tonight, absolutely no one was wearing anything Avatar. A quick search on the Party City and Target websites shows there are no Avatar costumes available for purchase. Again. I wonder if that worries TDO or Burbank?
So basically, you wonder if Disney is worried because nobody was wearing a costume that wasn't being sold. Hmm...I doubt they are.

Cesar R M

I dont think portraying as a blue cat like creature who prances almost naked would be a popular character.
At least unlike those hippy guys who insisted they were Na'vis born in a human body ;)
No different from those who really believe they are vampires. :hilarious:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
FWIW, there were Avatar costumes when the film came out, unserstandable they're not a hot ticket 7 years later.
However, Superman continues to be a marketable costume 80 some odd years later. The TMNT still sell costumes after 30 years.

Just saying that some characters have lasting appeal, while others fizzle and die.

Cesar R M

However, Superman continues to be a marketable costume 80 some odd years later. The TMNT still sell costumes after 30 years.

Just saying that some characters have lasting appeal, while others fizzle and die.
speaking of TMNT, I heard that Michael Bay threw the towel to the current Reboot.
What did you expect you clown? you had a "not ninjas, just guys with guns" and then "shredder is a white dude named sacks" idea..
That killed the franchise even when the second was way more decent.. :banghead:
Can Ryan Reynolds and Co take over Nick's next TMNT? thanks! Id love to see some GOTG/Deadpool esque TMNT movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom