AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

twebber55

funny little anecdotal story
I just got back from DC where I take a group of students every other year....while in line at Mt Vernon to see GW house there are these huge trees....long story short a group of my students were like hey Coach W. these trees look like the avatar trees, don't you think?
I laughed a little knowing our debate on this board

RSoxNo1

Chris Rock was rarely funny on SNL, or in movies. The rest were very good on SNL.
It's true... Chris Rock wasn't a good SNL cast member, he was good on random things on Update but he's not a sketch comedian. He's a standup and a damn good one. I fear that Pete Davidson is going to have the same problems on the show, but if it gets him some attention he'll have a great career.

Matt_Black

It's true... Chris Rock wasn't a good SNL cast member, he was good on random things on Update but he's not a sketch comedian. He's a standup and a damn good one. I fear that Pete Davidson is going to have the same problems on the show, but if it gets him some attention he'll have a great career.

I always liked the Dark Side with Nat X, though in part that's because we got Dancing Colin Powell.

cookiee_munster

it appears James Horner has been killed in an air plane accident...condolences to his family..incredible talent
it is terrible and sad news. he made some truly incredible music.

i wonder if his work for pandora was finished before his death? otherwise, i wonder who will pick it up now?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
it is terrible and sad news. he made some truly incredible music.

i wonder if his work for pandora was finished before his death? otherwise, i wonder who will pick it up now?

I would think music would be one of the last things developed for something like this so I wouldn't be surprised if the music hadn't been done yet.

articos

I would think music would be one of the last things developed for something like this so I wouldn't be surprised if the music hadn't been done yet.
Sadly, he was currently working on the film scores. They will be have to be completed by someone else. Music is generally done concurrently while principal photography is ongoing, and finished all the way through post.

msteel

The work on a film score can start early, but so much depends on the picture and the final edits that it can change until very late in the process.

PorterRedkey

I am a simple man when it comes to scoring movies. For me, the mark of a great movie composition is that when you hear the music, it automatically conjures up the images and feelings you experienced while watching the movie. Think Star Wars, Indiana Jones or Harry Potter. With Titanic, Horner passed my test. He will be missed.

bakntime

I am a simple man when it comes to scoring movies. For me, the mark of a great movie composition is that when you hear the music, it automatically conjures up the images and feelings you experienced while watching the movie. Think Star Wars, Indiana Jones or Harry Potter. With Titanic, Horner passed my test. He will be missed.
My favorite soundtrack of his is actually one of his most minimalistic ones: Field of Dreams. Beautiful, haunting score.

LeRaposa

I still don't understand why Disney is putting Avatar in the parks. Avatar 2's release date has been pushed back three times and it's looking like it will never even come out. Even if it does, there's no guarantee it would even be a success. It seems silly of Disney to jump the gun on an expensive project like this. So what happens if the sequels never come out and what happens if they do come out, but flop?

G00fyDad

I still don't understand why Disney is putting Avatar in the parks. Avatar 2's release date has been pushed back three times and it's looking like it will never even come out. Even if it does, there's no guarantee it would even be a success. It seems silly of Disney to jump the gun on an expensive project like this. So what happens if the sequels never come out and what happens if they do come out, but flop?

The land will probably stand on its own.

jt04

Doubting James Cameron is not a wise bet.

IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom