AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

spacemt354

Chili's
animal kingdom.JPG

Anyone notice this on the Animal Kingdom Wikipedia page? Gotta love the internet. ;)

iAJ

Obviously that's just someone having fun on Wikipedia, however a TLK E ticket at DAK really does need to happen at some point. How it wasn't part of the original plans in the mid 90's when TLK was still a huge cultural phenomenon, I don't know. But now it's just as beloved as ever and I think an E ticket based on it would be a massive hit.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Obviously that's just someone having fun on Wikipedia, however a TLK E ticket at DAK really does need to happen at some point. How it wasn't part of the original plans in the mid 90's when TLK was still a huge cultural phenomenon, I don't know. But now it's just as beloved as ever and I think an E ticket based on it would be a massive hit.

DAK did open with Festival of the Lion King which I feel is the best live shows on property, so Lion King definitely was well represented at opening.

twebber55

they don't do rides about stories from movies....DAK is a first person park..things happen to you

iAJ

I've just never gotten the hype for FotLK I guess, and you won't find a bigger TLK fan than me. I mean it's like 4 impressive floats that everyone sings and dances around for half an hour (about 10 minutes too long) with next to no narrative. Much prefer Nemo: The Musical and its extreme creativity with the puppetry while it tells a story that justifies its length.

Last edited:

Oriolesmagic

One word comes to mind when you look at that concept: Scale.

Glad they don't appear to be skimping out on the opportunity to do something grand and massive with this space. The lighting of the walkways in the video is absolutely stunning as well. I doubt it would be all over the land though. I wonder where we'd see it? In the queue for one of the attractions?

kap91

One word comes to mind when you look at that concept: Scale.

Glad they don't appear to be skimping out on the opportunity to do something grand and massive with this space. The lighting of the walkways in the video is absolutely stunning as well. I doubt it would be all over the land though. I wonder where we'd see it? In the queue for one of the attractions?

That was my guess, part of the queue, or in a specific area of the land - with maybe a few other bits scattered around if we're really lucky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom