AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

PorterRedkey

I hope the author of the article was not exaggerating or misunderstanding something when he wrote this:

"The vessels that guests will ride upon will essentially be the banshees themselves, with bodies that move to mimic a breathing beast. The flying sequences will be brought to life through large video screens — similar to “Soarin'” — with vehicles moving with the 3D action inside a massive theater."

I'm a little more excited for this ride now. However, the boat ride is still what I am most excited about.

chiefs11

In any case it's certainly not something that should have it's own land in a park based on some of the most iconic films ever made.

Are you thinking about the right park?

Admittedly, I'm another one that's never even seen the movie. ( I still have a few years to watch it before the land opens. ;) ) But, it's my understanding that one of the main themes of the movie, conservation, fits very well into Animal Kingdom's overall theme.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wow. Cannot believe people are genuinely excited by this. You people have terrible taste in films.

Regardless of how I feel though, you're kidding yourselves if you think Avatar is popular enough to warrant it's own land. People were barely impressed when it came out, it's completely off the radar now. If I asked someone about it they'd say 'oh yeh, that film with all the special effects. What was that about again? Those blue people?'.

In any case it's certainly not something that should have it's own land in a park based on some of the most iconic films ever made.

You must have bad taste in films if you think Dinosaur, Bugs Life and Finding Nemo are some of the most iconic films ever made, they aren't even some of Disney/Pixar's best work. Lion King, on the other hand, I will give you.

ChrisM

Wow. Cannot believe people are genuinely excited by this. You people have terrible taste in films.

Regardless of how I feel though, you're kidding yourselves if you think Avatar is popular enough to warrant it's own land. People were barely impressed when it came out, it's completely off the radar now. If I asked someone about it they'd say 'oh yeh, that film with all the special effects. What was that about again? Those blue people?'.

Lowly dogs! Get on your knees, bow your heads, and worship at the feet of KITCHANDRO!

The mighty KITCHANDRO will brook no argument to his statements of indisputable truth. Do not mistake his musings as mere humble opinion, for KITCHANDRO (long live his name) has spent many turns of the moon pondering the higher mysteries of the cultural zeitgeist.

His showering us with facts and reason (while akin to casting pearls to swine) should be met with naught but adulation and rejoicing!

Disneyhead'71

You all will be behind this guy in line at the grand opening.

flyerjab

Wait did I read that correctly? It sounds like the physical "vehicle" or "vessel" that you ride on will basically be an animatronic??

I am one of the biggest Pandora backers on this site. I think that it is the "dark horse" of expansions/refurbs going on anywhere in WDW. For my money, I have been to the Potter attractions and I still choose DAK as the most immersive theme park experience in Orlando - just my opinion though as I fully appreciate the opinions of others.

All of this being said, even I find it hard to believe that the simulator will have AA banshees to sit in during this ride. I hope I am wrong but I would have to see it to believe it. Attempting something like that would no doubt cut into the number of riders per hour, when compared to the simulator building design. I would think that WDW wants this to not only be an E-Ticket experience, but also a big people eater. I would like to get @Tom's opinion on this as he has always talked about how impressive the technology of this ride design could be when properly executed.

If they were to do that though...wow. Maybe that is how they got Cameron to agree to let go of the coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom