News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland

duncedoof

I don't mind this as long as we get at least one new ride, Way of Water integrations, and that Na'vi River Journey doesn't get ported 😆

duncedoof

Bob just mentioned this on the Morgan Stanley call.

"We have an Avatar land in Florida, and we are bringing one to Disneyland".

Really sounds like we are getting the full land, or something like it.
I actually take it to mean it could be a new Avatar land with offerings different to the Animal Kingdom one. But maybe I'm just on hopium.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
But shorter.
You saw Bob's mock-up too?
sample.png

PiratesMansion

It will probably just be Na'vi River Journey.
I know this is probaby a joke, but Navi River Journey is actually a lot closer to what many people here profess to want when compared to what Disney's actually been building over the past few decades. They could do a lot worse than put in a buffed-up, expanded NRJ with more animatronics and a greater sense of payoff. I imagine it also would have a more manageble wait time at either of the DLR parks than it does at DAK because ride capacity's higher across the board over here.

I guess it's nice that we officially know it's going to be a land, it just better go in DCA or in one of the DLF plots.

D.Silentu

i kinda like how avatarland is exclusive to AK in the states.....I love Avatar land but really like parks having different options
I'm still advocating that an Avatar area should be reimagined as an entirely indoor land. Foliage, sound, scent and most importantly light could all be controlled. I'd rather visit a Pandora that was in a permanent evening state.

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I found this intriguing too, but wonder if this confirms the land going onto existing property.
Micechat indicated from their sources that Pandora was going into DCA taking over the backlot portion Hollywoodland and obviously expanding into the transportation hub. It makes sense that Disney wants to replace this troubled remaining area of DCA 1.0 before they touch the Simba lot for DCA expansion.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Micechat indicated from their sources that Pandora was going into DCA taking over the backlot portion Hollywoodland and obviously expanding into the transportation hub. It makes sense that Disney wants to replace this troubled remaining area of DCA 1.0 before they touch the Simba lot for DCA expansion.
I would take anything said on that site with a grain of salt. While it make sense for it to go into the Backlot, it reads as speculation on Dusty's part, not directly from a source.

Consumer

The floating mountains would look horrible from the Esplanade, and I suspect they'd be visible from within parts of Disneyland if they were built on the Hollywood backlot.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

The floating mountains would look horrible from the Esplanade, and I suspect they'd be visible from within parts of Disneyland if they were built on the Hollywood backlot.
Maybe it will be a different version of the land where visible mountains seen in DL or the Esplanade would not be an issue. Or maybe it goes in the Simba lot instead.

DisneyAJ

Maybe it will be a different version of the land where visible mountains seen in DL or the Esplanade would not be an issue. Or maybe it goes in the Simba lot instead.
Yeah it’s got to be something different. I doubt it’ll be outside of the existing footprint since Iger keeps saying it’s happening and Forward hasn’t been given the green light yet

mickEblu

It’s the only land they keep teasing ( now confirmed) to be coming. I guess it makes sense to have the gazillion dollar franchise be the first phase of DL forward. It’s gotta be DCA. I thought that even before Beatty slipped. So if it’s DCA, it’s either the Hollywood Backlot/ Eastern Gateway plot or the Simba lot. I won’t even entertain the thought of it going in Grizzly Peak.

Or Iger is just talking out of his @$$ because he needs to give the people something and wants to stop the Peltz movement.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom