Votes: 10 15.6%
  • DCA Fan #15

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPromey

Originally posted by RobFL
A) You screwed up the rules. Overall rules doesn't list a limit and elimination and neither does the post to the thread.

B) You also didn't enforce the rules you had set out.

So I think you owe anyone elimnated unjustly an apology and I don't think you should do contests anymore if you're not going to do them properly.

If you want to assume everyone knows your preset rules, lets consider the fact that most of the people playing in your contest are newer member and haven't played before. That is why your contests have grown in popularity. You can't assume anyone knows your "standards." You forgot to list it and you are at fault.

Then, combined with your choice to eliminate Wilson because of your error (he should be left in) I think its safe to say you shouldn't be hosting any more contests. You haven't offered a single apology to anyone for your screwing up and wont even admit you were blatantly wrong.

When you take it upon yourself to start something like this, you have a responsibility to those who you convince to participate. You have blown it this time.

And if you still choose to nonchalantly and irresponsibly host such activities in the future, be aware you will recieve nothing but blatant criticism from me with just cause.

Oh, and Tramp.. if you want to insult my avatar, I'll just remind myself who has a history of blatantly pirating media.. while mine was my own photography and editting.

-Rob

Rob, I'm not trying to start trouble here but as a person who had a problem with a contest on here one time, I have a suggestion for you: If you don't like the way the contests work, don't enter.

I blew a gasket one time over something stupid and petty and after that I didn't enter anymore and haven't had a problem with them since. :D

Again, I'd like to clarify that I realized almost immediately once everything was over that I was the one with the problem because I made a big stink over something minor that had nothing to do with the way the contest was run but I think you could probably keep out of the contests and realize the same tranquility in your situation. Choosing to continually complain isn't going to get you very far. This site does not rely on the visits of most people here to survive. It gets almost all of it's operating funds that don't come directly from Steve's pocket, from the money that the premium members donate and I don't think most in that catagory will consider this a big enough issue to stop contributing over...

What I'm getting at is that this isn't a "public" forum. You have no real rights here. If the owner wants he can ban you because he decided that he didn't like the name "Rob" and there is nothing you could really do about it because it's his and he doesn't really have to answer to anyone with how he runs things as long as he stays within the limits of the law. If everyone has a problem with the contests, they'll stop entering and eventually the contests will die on their own. Flaming them on a regular basis will only make everyone else aggressive towards you which will end either in total alienation of you or an argument that will ultimately get you banned. Protesting the war on terrorism in pubic is your free right in this country, posting anything at all on this forum is not . On here, it's a privilege that can be revoked for any reason at all without warning... Fortunately, the person that runs this site tries to be democratic but he has no obligation to be that way and harassing forum moderators either publicly, by PM or by IM will do more harm than good for your cause.

Having a grievance and voicing it is one thing (which you have done) but if you continue to banter about the way somebody drives the bus you're gong to eventually find yourself sitting on the side of the road with your luggage... Know what I mean? :)

Again, I'm not trying to start trouble - I'm trying to help you avoid it. Please do the intelligent thing and heed my warning. Please don't confuse this as a threat and get hostile. I've seen how trouble starts on here often enough to know that it's starting now and that whoever is at the center of it once it spins out of control is the one that pays for it and as someone who enjoys reading some of your posts and seeing your pictures, I don't want to see you leave. Even if you feel you are 100% right on this one, there is a time when we all have to swallow our pride and if you enjoy coming to this site, the time for you is now.

MrPromey

Originally posted by tenchu

Woof, what a post!

Anyhoo, some good entries, but....

I'm not saying who i voted for. :p

Ahh! and I just edited the stinking thing! I wrote that in a hurry without any kind of proofreading at all and parts of it didn't even make sense. Now you have me quoted in all my illiterate glory! :(

tenchu

Originally posted by MrPromey

Ahh! and I just edited the stinking thing! I wrote that in a hurry without any kind of proofreading at all and parts of it didn't even make sense. Now you have me quoted in all my illiterate glory! :(

Sorry, want me to go back and edit?? :lol:

CalDisney

A) You screwed up the rules. Overall rules doesn't list a limit and elimination and neither does the post to the thread.

So I think you owe anyone elimnated unjustly an apology and I don't think you should do contests anymore if you're not going to do them properly.

If you want to assume everyone knows your preset rules, lets consider the fact that most of the people playing in your contest are newer member and haven't played before. That is why your contests have grown in popularity. You can't assume anyone knows your "standards." You forgot to list it and you are at fault.

Then, combined with your choice to eliminate Wilson because of your error (he should be left in) I think its safe to say you shouldn't be hosting any more contests. You haven't offered a single apology to anyone for your screwing up and wont even admit you were blatantly wrong.

When you take it upon yourself to start something like this, you have a responsibility to those who you convince to participate. You have blown it this time.

And if you still choose to nonchalantly and irresponsibly host such activities in the future, be aware you will recieve nothing but blatant criticism from me with just cause.

Oh, and Tramp.. if you want to insult my avatar, I'll just remind myself who has a history of blatantly pirating media.. while mine was my own photography and editting.

-Rob

Rob Get over it!!
it`s a contest Not the end of the World
Have fun and try again next time:)
Mine didnt make the 15 Im not crying

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by DMC-12

*raises eyebrow* :confused:

I think aol users can't post thier vote on the site?? But I think if the person posts/mails thier decision to a mod, they'll add it in (ask the mods first though...). It happened with the banner contest.

Monorail Lime

I think only admins can edit poll results, not mods...

It seems like vBulletin keeps track of votes based on IP addresses rather than user accounts. So if someone from the same ISP as you has already voted and you happen to have the same IP as they used (or if all ISP traffic goes through a web proxy) it will think shenanigans are afoot. Cruddy design, but I guess they wanted non-registered users to be able to vote.

By the way, the theme for my entry is from the EPCOT grand opening tickets that someone posted pics of a while ago... just in case any of you didn't catch it...

Tigggrl

I dont know who to vote for! ALL of the entries, chosen or not were good! I am always in awe of the talent here...that is coming from someone who cannot draw a straight line!
I think the voting has always been fair...If you dont like the contests, dont enter...simple as that. Its just for fun, and open to everyone! I vote for whomever I think is best...and this time its hard!
So Rob...
JUST CHILL! Its fun, its a website, its not life or death...if you have a problem, just don't participate! There is another thread to post artwork and such to show off your talents, you are not forced to participate in the contests, or this website at all....I would advise you to listen closely to what Mr. P has said.....

NowInc

If you are unable to vote..simply send me a PM telling me who you want to vote for..i will add it AFTER the voting closes so i can verify you are only voting once.

Thank you ;)

Tramp

Originally posted by NowInc
If you are unable to vote..simply send me a PM telling me who you want to vote for..i will add it AFTER the voting closes so i can verify you are only voting once.

Thank you ;)

LMAO...you guys in Florida are really paranoid about voting, huh?:lol:

(ps...and I'm sure you're sick of hearing all the voting jokes too)

Figment1986

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000

I think aol users can't post thier vote on the site?? But I think if the person posts/mails thier decision to a mod, they'll add it in (ask the mods first though...). It happened with the banner contest.

Your right about the AOL thing, I think. I have AOL & AT&T.
And i was only recently using AOL. I gess i will have to AT&T to Vote now, Oh well.

NowInc

Originally posted by Tramp

LMAO...you guys in Florida are really paranoid about voting, huh?:lol:

(ps...and I'm sure you're sick of hearing all the voting jokes too)

LoL..juuuuuuust a smidge ;)

Main Street USA

Original Poster

-Rob

Geez, Rob.

Uh, general rules are posted in a seperate thread. Right at the top of the page, in fact. The fact that only 15 can be allowed into the contest is not a choice. It's a given, and if you'd ever tried to post a poll you would have known that only 15 choices can be entered.

It's pretty simple. If for some reason you don't understand things, or if you have a question, you should probably do one of two things (or maybe even both):

A) Ask someone

B) Use common sense

There's only one thing you shouldn't do, and that's make a post like the one above. All it does is make you look less than smart. The rules to the contest are extremely easy to understand, and they all have a purpose.

To address another concern of yours, concerning my capability of running a contest. Now Inc started this contest AND typed up the rules (correctly). I did not. I simply threw the voting together using the same process as we have for EVERY OTHER contest. I did check for physical size, but didn't check for file size. I've already apologized for this once. You should read first. However, after a meaningless rant like yours, I don't owe you crap anyway.

Mr. Promey was right in saying that if you don't like the way these contests are run, or if they aren't fun (that's what they're for), stay out of 'em. It ain't hard, man.

MrPromey

Originally posted by Main Street USA

Mr. Promey was right in saying that if you don't like the way these contests are run, or if they aren't fun (that's what they're for), stay out of 'em. It ain't hard, man.

Speaking of which, I’m mulling over the idea of staging a comeback. :drevil: If I do, I promise to do so under heavily regulated medication this time – honest! :fork:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom