Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Ok, everyone, vote for your favorite!

We had 21 submissions, so 6 were eliminated by an impartial and
possibly stupid person with no design sense whatsoever. So don't feel bad if you didn't get in. :)

Voting will end this coming Friday at 11:59 PM EST.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

*NOTE* Numbers 9 and 12 are animated. To see them animated, go to the contest thread.

And another thing, since this is a general avatar contest, there really isn't a subject to be chosen, so.............

THE WINNER GETS NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muahahahahah!!!!!!:fork:

Attachments

• voting copy.jpg
    voting copy.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 426

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Ah, ah, ah! Naughty. No fair voting for your own.

Just kidding of course. As long as you don't vote more than once its fine!:D

SpongeScott

Just for fun, let's see the ones that were eliminated. Dang, it's hard to choose just one of these. Great job to all who entered.

DCA Fan

Yay! Mine got in this time!

Is there something wrong w/ my account? I can't vote (and I haven't voted once). :veryconfu

RobFL

Account Suspended
How was elimination done?

There was no mention of elimination in the rules for the contest.

Unless you come up with a really good explination, I reserve the right to be extremely annoyed.

-Rob

NowInc

Wilsons avatar is too large (file size)..so sadly it must be eliminated..

....let the flaming begin...

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by NowInc
Wilsons avatar is too large (file size)..so sadly it must be eliminated..

....let the flaming begin...

Yeah, um, sorry everyone. I kinda forgot about the "useable" rule in my attempt to get the contest up quickly. DOH!

Tramp

Originally posted by RobFL

Unless you come up with a really good explination, I reserve the right to be extremely annoyed.

-Rob

Local scuttlebutt has it that it was eliminated cuz it looks like a caricature of Medusa!

Main Street USA

Original Poster

-Rob

Rob, as written in the very first post on this thread, and I quote.......ahem.....

"...6 were eliminated by an impartial and possibly stupid person with no design sense whatsoever."

I picked the person who chose their favorite 15, and they are not a member of this site, nor do they know anyone's screen name. (including mine)

Tramp

Originally posted by Main Street USA

Rob, as written in the very first post on this thread, and I quote.......ahem.....

"...6 were eliminated by an impartial and possibly stupid person with no design sense whatsoever."

I picked the person who chose their favorite 15, and they are not a member of this site, nor do they know anyone's screen name. (including mine)

Hey MS USA...you need not explain yourself...the rules have been the same for every contest since the beginning...so it was inadvertently left out this time...no big deal...if you catch any more flack about this, eliminate MINE and substitute his...winning/losing doesn't mean a p e e hole in the snow to me, it was fun.

You and Dan do a damn good job at these contests and you don't need to take crap about rules that have been understood by all since the beginning...Thank you and Dan for all your work on these contests!

Main Street USA

Original Poster
I had a tough time choosing between Fantasia Boi's and DisneyCP2000. Both were very creative. Nice work guys!:)

Another thing, my apologies to DisneyCP2000 for not putting his up animated as it was originally done. I saved the frame that I thought your name was at its brightest, but now I'm on my wife's computer and I can't see it at all.

SOOOOOOOOOOoo, if some of you can't see his name on there, its there, go check the original thread. I'll give you the link........

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13455

christopher

Tough call between disneyCP200, Main Street's, and Pisco, all three were great ideas. All the rest were awesome as well. :D

RobFL

Account Suspended
A) You screwed up the rules. Overall rules doesn't list a limit and elimination and neither does the post to the thread.

B) You also didn't enforce the rules you had set out.

So I think you owe anyone elimnated unjustly an apology and I don't think you should do contests anymore if you're not going to do them properly.

If you want to assume everyone knows your preset rules, lets consider the fact that most of the people playing in your contest are newer member and haven't played before. That is why your contests have grown in popularity. You can't assume anyone knows your "standards." You forgot to list it and you are at fault.

Then, combined with your choice to eliminate Wilson because of your error (he should be left in) I think its safe to say you shouldn't be hosting any more contests. You haven't offered a single apology to anyone for your screwing up and wont even admit you were blatantly wrong.

When you take it upon yourself to start something like this, you have a responsibility to those who you convince to participate. You have blown it this time.

And if you still choose to nonchalantly and irresponsibly host such activities in the future, be aware you will recieve nothing but blatant criticism from me with just cause.

Oh, and Tramp.. if you want to insult my avatar, I'll just remind myself who has a history of blatantly pirating media.. while mine was my own photography and editting.

-Rob

TURKEY

A) You screwed up the rules. Overall rules doesn't list a limit and elimination and neither does the post to the thread.

B) You also didn't enforce the rules you had set out.

So I think you owe anyone elimnated unjustly an apology and I don't think you should do contests anymore if you're not going to do them properly.

If you want to assume everyone knows your preset rules, lets consider the fact that most of the people playing in your contest are newer member and haven't played before. That is why your contests have grown in popularity. You can't assume anyone knows your "standards." You forgot to list it and you are at fault.

Then, combined with your choice to eliminate Wilson because of your error (he should be left in) I think its safe to say you shouldn't be hosting any more contests. You haven't offered a single apology to anyone for your screwing up and wont even admit you were blatantly wrong.

When you take it upon yourself to start something like this, you have a responsibility to those who you convince to participate. You have blown it this time.

And if you still choose to nonchalantly and irresponsibly host such activities in the future, be aware you will recieve nothing but blatant criticism from me with just cause.

Oh, and Tramp.. if you want to insult my avatar, I'll just remind myself who has a history of blatantly pirating media.. while mine was my own photography and editting.

-Rob

*adds this to Rob's stupid rants*

Why don't you start your own contests and deal with it all? I'm sure you could run it perfectly.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Rob....chill :)

I have submitted some really cool stuff before, and have not made the final cut..it was my SE "Have a ball!" poster I made I think....anywhoo... I was a little upset I did not make the final cut as i worked hard on it..... so I just try harder the next round....

Keep in mind.... its just one persons simple opinion... that decides who’s torch gets put out.... and has to leave the island *survivor show theme music playing in the background* ;)

in the voting aka poll setup...I think there are only up to 15 slots available... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom