Avatar construction aerial updates

jdmdisney99

Nov 2014 update

Click to enlarge...

...and as a comparison, November and January 2014
Click to enlarge...
tumblr_m7kwtoVjMR1rziwwco1_250.gif

jdmdisney99

The pattern of foundations really does look like the Soarin' ride plans.

The white area to the right of it is where the plans show the boat ride will be.

Looks like my size estimate on the Soarin' ride was wrong, it's smaller then I expected.
Me too...
An overlay...
View attachment 56871
And my interpretation if they add two new Soarin' theaters and condense it all...
View attachment 56870
Hmmm...
Didn't someone say that Pandora will open in phases? Which will open first? At this point it seems like the boat ride is further, but I don't know.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Me too...

Hmmm...
Didn't someone say that Pandora will open in phases? Which will open first? At this point it seems like the boat ride is further, but I don't know.

If that is the boat ride we are seeing. It's doesn't look like I would have expected. If it is the boat ride, remember that even though the structure of the Soarin ride is going to be complex, the interior will probably be relatively simple, on the other hand the basic structure of the boat ride is probably going to be pretty simple, but the detail and themeing would be much more complex.

BrianLo

If that is the boat ride we are seeing. It's doesn't look like I would have expected. If it is the boat ride, remember that even though the structure of the Soarin ride is going to be complex, the interior will probably be relatively simple, on the other hand the basic structure of the boat ride is probably going to be pretty simple, but the detail and themeing would be much more complex.

Seems to occupy the area based on the plans we've had forever. I kind of assumed they will just integrate both rides into the overall floating mountains.

The bottom section with not much going on is likely where the bike coaster would have been.

At least the boat ride DOES seem to be happening, so I'm relatively happy.

flyerjab

It looks like there are 2 structures in the photo: one in the lower right (larger rectangular building) and one more towards the top-center. Are those structures staying?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Seems to occupy the area based on the plans we've had forever. I kind of assumed they will just integrate both rides into the overall floating mountains.

The bottom section with not much going on is likely where the bike coaster would have been.

At least the boat ride DOES seem to be happening, so I'm relatively happy.

Based on the permits I believe the new power station is going to go in the bottom section.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It looks like there are 2 structures in the photo: one in the lower right (larger rectangular building) and one more towards the top-center. Are those structures staying?

Lower right are construction trailers. The one towards the top center has always been there backstage. They might just be using it for construction storage or offices. If it stays it will probably remain a backstage building.

flyerjab

Lower right are construction trailers.

Are those within the construction area at the current time? It looks there is part of a construction wall that separates it from the larger construction zone. Just curious as what will happen to that particular area.

flyerjab

Aside from the E-Ticket ride and the boat ride areas, it still looks like there is a fair amount of space to work with there. Any good guesses as to where any Pandora eateries or shopping districts might be located? I could never get a good sense of that from the concept art.

EDIT: I had often wondered that because the E-Ticket building was so large, might there be a food area in that building? Isn't it speculated to have 3 or 4 floors?

jdmdisney99

Aside from the E-Ticket ride and the boat ride areas, it still looks like there is a fair amount of space to work with there. Any good guesses as to where any Pandora eateries or shopping districts might be located? I could never get a good sense of that from the concept art.

EDIT: I had often wondered that because the E-Ticket building was so large, might there be a food area in that building? Isn't it speculated to have 3 or 4 floors?
This edit I mad in July still seems right, I believe, even though the lower half might be a tad off.
I believe this is a possibility...
View attachment 56259

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Are those within the construction area at the current time? It looks there is part of a construction wall that separates it from the larger construction zone. Just curious as what will happen to that particular area.

Since the trailers hold the construction offices it makes sense that there is a barrier of some sort separating them from the actual construction zone for safety reasons.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Remember that based on the plans the E-Ticket has 4 "theaters" in it each of which is several stories tall. These will take up a lot of space.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Lower right are construction trailers. The one towards the top center has always been there backstage. They might just be using it for construction storage or offices. If it stays it will probably remain a backstage building.

Looking at Wikimapia and an old AK park map it appears that at least part, if not all of the top building was guest restroom. After consulting he Disney Restrooms web page (knew this would come in handy some day) I think that entire building is restrooms.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Looking at Wikimapia and an old AK park map it appears that at least part, if not all of the top building was guest restroom. After consulting he Disney Restrooms web page (knew this would come in handy some day) I think that entire building is restrooms.
I see what you mean, but I find it odd that they would try to reuse the old restrooms. I guess if there nothing wrong with them...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I see what you mean, but I find it odd that they would try to reuse the old restrooms. I guess if there nothing wrong with them...

Maybe they aren't going to re-use them, maybe they are just keeping them around temporarily for use by the construction crews. If they are going to re-use them they will need a total re-theming inside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom