august CP meet-up

stitch82

Original Poster
i'm guessing at least 10-15, with other people not posting on here included, unless anyone thinks that's too low...at this point, i would make the priority seating for 20.

stitch82

Original Poster
priority seating scheduled...

hey y'all...

ok. i made priority seating reservations for two groups of 8 (because 8 is the limit now...has that always been so?) at 6:30pm at the rainforest cafe in downtown disney. if you don't want to eat at r.c., but still wanna meet up, let's aim for 8pm at ghiradelli for dessert & then we'll go from there.

now my new question/thought is this...how are we all going to recognize each other? we need something to make us stand out. i mean, i can wear a big Goofy hat or something, but you never know if there's going to be somebody else wearing the same thing. it is disney! :lol: any thoughts?

DCL

stitch82 said:
now my new question/thought is this...how are we all going to recognize each other? we need something to make us stand out. i mean, i can wear a big Goofy hat or something, but you never know if there's going to be somebody else wearing the same thing. it is disney! :lol: any thoughts?

haha well thats a tough question! I guess our best bet is to just pick a very specific place to meet up... like... 20 feet to the left of the giant check in elephant or something.. hehe I dunno... I'm sure once I'm there, I'll just go around and ask people if they're the ones I'm supposed to be meeting!

CrashNet

We all have hidden Mickey's on us. :p

No...um...gosh I don't know. Maybe a little card or something someone makes up that we print out and put our screenname on? Cheesy yes, but I think its more so we know who is who and we don't miss anyone, right?

Of course, in front of the Elephants would be easier. :lol:

Now to my next question since I've only been there once: where exactly is Downtown Disney in relationship to The Vista and Chatham?

stitch82

Original Poster
cac2889 said:
No...um...gosh I don't know. Maybe a little card or something someone makes up that we print out and put our screenname on? Cheesy yes, but I think its more so we know who is who and we don't miss anyone, right?

Of course, in front of the Elephants would be easier. :lol:

Now to my next question since I've only been there once: where exactly is Downtown Disney in relationship to The Vista and Chatham?

excellent...cards with screennames, STUCK TO OUR FOREHEADS!! :lol:
or we could just walk around acting like elephants in front of the elephants.
or we could just meet in front of the sign. personnally, i think we could do all of them.

let's see, downtown dis is actually close to the apartments as i understand it...at least it's on the closest side of the disney property. off of I-4 there is an exit for downtown disney/epcot, close by where it meets international drive. that is what i would normally do, but really you will be able to get to it from any disney gate.

p.s. - i just took my last final as an undergrad...woot! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

DizGrl

Would you guys be interested in planning a meet-up also on August 22, for those of us who are arriving that day? Obviously it would be open to anyone who wants to come--the more people that show up, the more fun it should be! :)

Shannon

Borf7

uncool, i don't checkin til august 24th :(.....I do have one idea if anyone wants....as I'm sure many of you know cast members get in free to pleasure island on Monday and Thursday....so how about we all meet at PI thursday the 25th, we'll pick a more specific place inside when it gets closer to the date

DizGrl

Borf7 said:
uncool, i don't checkin til august 24th :(.....I do have one idea if anyone wants....as I'm sure many of you know cast members get in free to pleasure island on Monday and Thursday....so how about we all meet at PI thursday the 25th, we'll pick a more specific place inside when it gets closer to the date

That's a good idea, because it will include so many more people. I'm game for that. :)

Shannon

stitch82

Original Poster
Borf7 said:

good idea! :)

DCL

Borf7 said:

I'll be there!...... if I'm not working..

CrashNet

Dreamflight4Eva said:
I'll be there!...... if I'm not working..
Same here...will be there if I'm not working, because by then, I should be in the swing of things and working regular hours.

Does this mean we are postponing the RC, Ghiradelli, and Disney Quest night on the 16th, or are we still doing that one?

jimmybop

cac2889 said:
Does this mean we are postponing the RC, Ghiradelli, and Disney Quest night on the 16th, or are we still doing that one?

Hope not... I'm still showing up at the Rainforest on the 16th :D

DCL

cac2889 said:
Same here...will be there if I'm not working, because by then, I should be in the swing of things and working regular hours.

By no means! :lol: Our evening plans for the 16th are still on as scheduled! I believe the idea behind Pleasure Island on the 25th, in addition to this meet and greet, so even more people will have the chance to meet and greet even more people!

CrashNet

Dreamflight4Eva said:
By no means! :lol: Our evening plans for the 16th are still on as scheduled! I believe the idea behind Pleasure Island on the 25th, in addition to this meet and greet, so even more people will have the chance to meet and greet even more people!
Oh good. I was about to say, get me all excited and then drop a bomb on me why don't ya! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom