august CP meet-up

stitch82

Original Poster
august is gonna be here before we know it (yay), so maybe it's time to start thinking about a meet-up! :sohappy:

my start date is the 17th, but i'll be in town on the 16th...any thoughts around then? i don't want to leave any august cp crew out, so we can make it later. of course, anyone who wants to swing by should be welcome.

i was thinking somewhere in downtown disney/marketplace...but all idea are welcome. what/when/where do y'all think? let's get this ball rolling...

edit: i feel like i should throw out that anyone is welcome...it doesn't have to be new CP people only! please join us if you'd like to meet some newbies. :)

DCL

My start date is the 17th as well. I know the afternoon of the 16th, from 2 - 3:30, i believe it is, a bunch of people are getting together in the Caribbean Beach court for a meet and greet. We tried to do house of blues, but they didn't want to seat such a large party, i guess.

I think it would be cool to get something together later that night... maybe just meet up at Ghirardellis and then just kinda go from there.

And of course, all are welcome to the meet and greet that afternoon at the Caribbean Beach! If you'd be interested in that, I could email you the link to the Evite that a couple people have set up! :wave:

stitch82

Original Poster
Dreamflight4Eva said:
I think it would be cool to get something together later that night... maybe just meet up at Ghirardellis and then just kinda go from there.

hey, sounds great!! i'm *always* up for ghiradelli, so that sounds good. what time do you think? 6? 7? 8?

DCL

stitch82 said:
hey, sounds great!! i'm *always* up for ghiradelli, so that sounds good. what time do you think? 6? 7? 8?

Any time will work for me.. I guess we'll have to wait and see just how many people we're meeting up with there before we get a definite time, but 7 or 8 seems like a good time to meet up!

jimmybop

I shall be around then, I check in on the 17th (but will be around starting on the 14th). i'll have to keep checking back about the meet up :)

DCL

jimmybop said:
I shall be around then, I check in on the 17th (but will be around starting on the 14th). i'll have to keep checking back about the meet up :)

Awesome! Any thoughts on what we should do at Downtown Disney will also be greatly appreciated!

CrashNet

I'm glad to see that plans are being made for Fall CPers. My start date is the 15th, and as it stands right now, I'm probably going to be making the trip on the 14th so I'll be there the morning of the 15th. I'll check back as meet plans become more finalized...

and oh...I may love Disney, but I have only been there once in my life, so I have no clue what Ghiradelli is (other than a restaurant). :lol:

stitch82

Original Poster
ghiradelli is a chocolate shop extraordinaire...you've probably seen them in malls? maybe. anyways, it also has an ice cream fountain, and there are lots of tables outside where we can sit & get to know each other a bit, exchange email & cell info, etc.

as for other ideas...disney quest?

DCL

I think disney quest could be cool... i think it would be a good idea to get some dinner while we're there, since it'll be like 7 or 8 pm. Nothing brings people together quite like food! and i think if we ate at like a rainforest cafe, it would help futher get us into "Disney Mode" hehe

CrashNet

stitch82 said:
ghiradelli is a chocolate shop extraordinaire...you've probably seen them in malls? maybe. anyways, it also has an ice cream fountain, and there are lots of tables outside where we can sit & get to know each other a bit, exchange email & cell info, etc.

as for other ideas...disney quest?

Dreamflight4Eva said:
I think disney quest could be cool... i think it would be a good idea to get some dinner while we're there, since it'll be like 7 or 8 pm. Nothing brings people together quite like food! and i think if we ate at like a rainforest cafe, it would help futher get us into "Disney Mode" hehe

Oh...that does sound like a chocolate place. I live in a growing suburban area, but I don't think we have a ghiradelli just yet. There are other places that I know of, such as Urban Outfitters, that haven't joined our city yet either (though strangely enough, their southeast distribution center is located 1hr and a half away from me :rolleyes: )

Anyway, Disney Quest sounds like a great idea, as does Rainforest Cafe (remember that place). And you are right Dreamflight4Eva, food does bring people together. I go out to dinner with friends and family mostly for the conversation, not the food. I don't what it is...people just have an easier time talking and sharing when gathered around a table in public.

Keep us updated on the plans. I'd love to meet you guys, put some faces with the names, and start a group that could hang out during our stay in Florida. :)

prettynpinkcp

Meet-Up

Hi Guys! I am beginning august 15th but will be there the 14th...if anyone wants to meet up around then. That would be great! Email me!Thanks.

Have a magical day!

DCL

prettynpinkcp said:
Hi Guys! I am beginning august 15th but will be there the 14th...if anyone wants to meet up around then. That would be great! Email me!Thanks.

Have a magical day!

I'm not sure that I'll be there on the 14th. I'm pretty sure I'll be there on the 15th. But if you'd be interested, you are more than welcome to any of the meet and greets on the 17th! The more the merrier!

DCL

cac2889 said:
Anyway, Disney Quest sounds like a great idea, as does Rainforest Cafe (remember that place). And you are right Dreamflight4Eva, food does bring people together. I go out to dinner with friends and family mostly for the conversation, not the food. I don't what it is...people just have an easier time talking and sharing when gathered around a table in public.

Keep us updated on the plans. I'd love to meet you guys, put some faces with the names, and start a group that could hang out during our stay in Florida. :)

Well... how about we aim for something like this: We'll meet up at around 6:30 -7:00ish. We'll eat dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.... do Disney Quest, or possibly a more *FREE* alternative haha. And then, if we're lucky... we'll still have room left over for Ghirardelli's!

Any Thoughts? Ideas?

BigPigletFan

Hey all! I will be moving in on the 17th also and will be down there. The night meet sounds better because I am currently planning to be at Universal that day.. but things may change. Feel free to PM or IM me (same name, yahoo + AIM) to swap info. Hope to meet you all soon.

da1trinity

Aug 15th

Hey, I am a bit nervous on what kind of roomamtes I will end up with..it sucks that I will be travelling by plane ....I have a car but its 12yrs old and take a lot of money to fix it up to make a long drive from Georgia to Florida..so I heard that the transportation sucks there in Orlando...I wish a good car to drive there.

anyway, hope I meet some cool ppl when I get my room...arriving aug. 15

stitch82

Original Poster
ok, everyone who is coming post your r.s.v.p. on here, and i'll make a priority seating for us at the rainforest cafe at 6:30pm, so that by the time everyone gets there we might have a table. i'll wait to make a p.s. until a few days before, so the closest ballpark # i have at the time should be good. any objections, post away. :)

CrashNet

stitch82 said:
ok, everyone who is coming post your r.s.v.p. on here, and i'll make a priority seating for us at the rainforest cafe at 6:30pm, so that by the time everyone gets there we might have a table. i'll wait to make a p.s. until a few days before, so the closest ballpark # i have at the time should be good. any objections, post away. :)
I'd love to come, but refresh my memory on what day this is. The 17th?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom