As a Uk Citz - applying for the right visa to work at Disney?

Natalie M A Laws

Original Poster
Hi anyone from the UK who has applied to work for Disney for 10-12 week period (seasonal etc) - I have the opportunity to work at WDW but only if I have confirmed work authorisation. I have bee told that to get work authorisation I need to complete a DS-160 form but I am struggling to complete this on-line as it asks what type of visa I need and asking a lot more questions I cannot answer about who will be employing me and where I will be staying. Really looking for someone to be able to talk me through the process perhaps on the phone - I will be happy to call you so that you dont incurr any international charges etc and at a time of your choosng. If someone would be prepared to chat we through the process etc I would be very grateful. I am a UK citz with clean/valid passport.
Regards
Natalie
(From England, UK)

Natalie M A Laws

Original Poster
Is this part of the International Program while at college?
No this will be part of a sabbatical from my current position here in the UK. Have been emailing someone in Paris Disney who has a contact in WDW and who said they will consider me for a position if I have "confirmed work authorisation" which I think means I have to have the right visa - but need to find out which visa I need to apply for firstly.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
No this will be part of a sabbatical from my current position here in the UK. Have been emailing someone in Paris Disney who has a contact in WDW and who said they will consider me for a position if I have "confirmed work authorisation" which I think means I have to have the right visa - but need to find out which visa I need to apply for firstly.
I can't see how you can obtain a visa for a position like that. The U.S.A. will not give you a work authorization for that type of role.

Best bet would be to consult a visa solicitor in the UK or lawyer in the U.S.

The US is extremely strict on work permits - and I think you'll find it hard going without either being recruited by a US company, who will then arrange the VISA for you, or if you have family in the U.S.A.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Steve's spot on.

The US is ridiculously strict on legal work permits, especially for the types of unskilled entry-level jobs that WDW overwhelmingly hires for. If you want to do this, apply for permanent residency, start waiting, and don't be surprised when you don't get it.

Best bets are international program, or marry a US citizen.

WDIFanBoy

Hey Natalie.

I'm a former UK resident (and citizen) and now a current U.S. permanent resident (married a U.S. citizen). I worked at WDW on the CRP and DCL as a crew member.

What you are trying to do is almost impossible (I say almost because I have never heard of anyone doing it and am 99.9% certain that it cannot be done. I could be wrong... But probably not, based on my extensive research of U.S. visas). Anyway, there are only a few ways that the U.S. will allow you to have a visa. I will lay them out.

1. Disney International College Program - This is where you are enrolled in a University full time and they let you go out there for a few months to work. There is also an internship opportunity that I'm not too familiar with. The U.S. Gov. allows students to come as part of study.

2. Disney Cultural Representative Program - This is the one that I initially took part in. It's great and you don't have to be enrolled in University. You go for a year to work at the United Kingdom pavilion in either a Food and Beverage, Merchandise or Historical Research (partner) position. It's a lot of fun and I highly recommend it. The U.S. Gov. allows UK Citizens to come because they can fill a position that a U.S. Citizen cannot.

Aside from those two options you are about S.O.L.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be more than happy to answer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom