Art of Animation

Hot Lava

Personally, I'd go with Lion King, just because Nemo is near the main pool which can get a bit noisy.
Hmmm, so loud then? One way we may do a trip is me, DH, and son in a Cars suite. I was thinking of having my parents in a LM room (save some money - they wont care about only having a room - and mostly b/c I want to see the theming for this room). But now knowing they are far away, that may not be the best idea. They are both kinda hard of hearing. So a closer room would be better and they are less likely to be disturbed by noise. :)

moonwishes2013

Yes, the Nemo Big Blue pool is the most popular pool, everyone wants to use that pool. We stayed in the Cars Section & that pool was not busy at all, it is a small pool with 2 lifeguards.

MightyMouse

I read a report where a person was complaining of the distance from his LM room to the dining hall. Having stayed in the LM room I didn't find it that bad at all. In an additional posting the same person said (complaining) that it took him roughly a WHOPPING six whole minutes to get from his room to the dining area. So that put it more into perspective to me. To some six minutes is a lifetime, whereas I considered that to be a walk in the park. Especially considering you will be spending hours walking around the theme parks anyway, what is an extra six minutes? Plus as others have stated, it's a really relaxed walk as well thru well themed areas.

Have fun!!!!

m steve

I agree with Mighty. The walk from LM to the main building was nothing. We were in building seven and it didn't take more than five minutes to get there (or to the bus stop.) It is a good warm up for the day ahead.

I am amused by people who choose to go to WDW and then complain about the walking.

popcenturylover

I don't think that most people are complaining about the walk to & from the bus stops to the LMR but, there are people like me that drink about a pot of coffee in the A.M. to get them moving & you don't want to have to do that walk back & forth about 10 times!!!:D

moonwishes2013

Do they have coffee pots in the Little Mermaid rooms?
I know the suites have them, we used ours 2 times, my DH went to Landscapes & got coffee every morning at 6am.
We always left early to go to the parks.

ratherbeinwdw

Do they have coffee pots in the Little Mermaid rooms?
I know the suites have them, we used ours 2 times, my DH went to Landscapes & got coffee every morning at 6am.
We always left early to go to the parks.
No. They didn't have a coffee pot in the Mermaid rooms. We've stayed in Mermaid (Ariel) and Cars (C). Others can say what they want, but it is a long walk to the busses and to grab some coffee or a late evening snack. Cars was close. We loved Cars so much better. I think it's a much better choice then Lion King because of the courtyard and pool. Lion King doesn't have a pool.
I would even choose Cars over Nemo. The atmosphere around the Cars suites is so unique.
The beds do leave a lot to be desired, but they are not horrible.
Noise level in both Mermaid and Cars was pretty significant, but once everyone finally gets into bed it's fine the rest of the night in Cars. Not true in Mermaid. We heard toilets flushing and other bathroom noises all night. The only time it was a little quiet was when the air conditioning unit was on. When it went off, it would get warm quickly and the noise would be bothersome. The layout in the Cars Suites, makes for a quieter night.
None of this would stop us from staying there again if the price is right. We got Mermaid, the first week it was open, for 97 during the week and 119 on the weekend. I know it's more now.

WDW_Emily

Is the sleeping pretty good/beds etc? Im asking because have never stayed here yet and thinking about the Cars suite, but normally we stay at Wilderness Lodge so was just wondering what you all thought of the beds and sleeping compared to maybe the more deluxe resorts. Thanks
I stayed in a Cars Suite last June. We aren't big cars fans and were originally disappointed we weren't in Nemo. That quickly changed though. The theming is amazing, from the rooms to outside. We loved the cone pool with the little cone cabanas.

As for the beds, I have only stayed at Value and the pull out beds to me are just as comfortable as the regular beds. I spent the 5 days we were there sleeping on the pull out couch and it was definitely more comfortable than your average pull out. Although I will say when the couch is pulled out, it gets pretty close to the tv stand.

And Cars is very close to the main building and buses. This was the view from our room. Literally a 3 minute walk to get breakfast.

Hot Lava

As for the beds, I have only stayed at Value and the pull out beds to me are just as comfortable as the regular beds.
How long are the couches, folded up? Can an adult (say under 5'8" ) lay down it comfortably without folding it out?

moonwishes2013

No. They didn't have a coffee pot in the Mermaid rooms. We've stayed in Mermaid (Ariel) and Cars (C). Others can say what they want, but it is a long walk to the busses and to grab some coffee or a late evening snack. Cars was close. We loved Cars so much better. I think it's a much better choice then Lion King because of the courtyard and pool. Lion King doesn't have a pool.
I would even choose Cars over Nemo. The atmosphere around the Cars suites is so unique.
The beds do leave a lot to be desired, but they are not horrible.
Noise level in both Mermaid and Cars was pretty significant, but once everyone finally gets into bed it's fine the rest of the night in Cars. Not true in Mermaid. We heard toilets flushing and other bathroom noises all night. The only time it was a little quiet was when the air conditioning unit was on. When it went off, it would get warm quickly and the noise would be bothersome. The layout in the Cars Suites, makes for a quieter night.
None of this would stop us from staying there again if the price is right. We got Mermaid, the first week it was open, for 97 during the week and 119 on the weekend. I know it's more now.

Maybe this is something that needs to be changed, coffee pots for the mermaid rooms too.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
They have started putting a food cart in the LM area in the mornings if you don't want/need to go all the way to the Main Building. Say you just want coffee on the way to a breakfast ADR. Link to details

SunBrunchFoodCart3.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom