Art of Animation

WDWFanDave

Nemo is the closest to Animation Hall (food, buses, etc.), Little Mermaid is the furthest away. Lion King is a short walk, as is Cars. If we were to return and wanted to stay in a family suite (we stayed last fall in the LM section), we'd definitely choose Cars. Nemo is nice, but the pool is crazy busy (usually), and the theming of the Cars section is just extraordinary (IMO).

popcenturylover

Nemo is the closest to Animation Hall (food, buses, etc.), Little Mermaid is the furthest away. Lion King is a short walk, as is Cars. If we were to return and wanted to stay in a family suite (we stayed last fall in the LM section), we'd definitely choose Cars. Nemo is nice, but the pool is crazy busy (usually), and the theming of the Cars section is just extraordinary (IMO).
We feel the same way! We stayed in the LMRs last September. Far away from EVERYTHING! Nemo is sooooooo close to everything but, the cars section is AMAZING!!!

aladdin2007

Is the sleeping pretty good/beds etc? Im asking because have never stayed here yet and thinking about the Cars suite, but normally we stay at Wilderness Lodge so was just wondering what you all thought of the beds and sleeping compared to maybe the more deluxe resorts. Thanks

WDWFanDave

Is the sleeping pretty good/beds etc? Im asking because have never stayed here yet and thinking about the Cars suite, but normally we stay at Wilderness Lodge so was just wondering what you all thought of the beds and sleeping compared to maybe the more deluxe resorts. Thanks

Well, we were quite exhausted from long days in the parks, so the fact that when we were there and the beds (along with the crazy heavy bedspreads-they are beautiful, though) were very new quite possibly explains why they felt very rigid. All in all, the rooms are comfortable, the theming is over the top.

WDWFanDave

I know that Little Mermaid rooms are rooms , not suites. I am not surprised that these rooms are the farthest away!:eek:

Yeah, exactly the same as Pop, just different theming. We were fortunate that we were in a part of the building closest to Animation Hall...but it was still a good walk to get coffee in the morning and then back to the room. We didn't use the buses at all when we were there, but the little extra walk back to the car was well worth the time we didn't have to spend standing in line and/or waiting for the bus.

All in all, we enjoyed it, and anticipate trying a suite there in the future. Much depends on pricing...as I'm sure it does for most folks.

Pooh Lover

Totally agree. The Cars section was unbelievable. It would definitely be my first choice and really quite close to Animation Hall.

WDWFanDave

And, I almost forgot, and would hope that this person is still there, but if you get the chance and are there with little ones...take some time and play in the arcade. The games are fun, but the best part of all was one of the most friendly and kid-focused CMs we came across during our entire stay! I wish I could remember his name now, but I have to say he made my daughter feel like a million bucks. We were there to celebrate her 6th birthday, and went in several times...she loves to win those prizes! Well, he made sure that she got the things she was trying to get, regardless of whether or not she had exactly the right number of tickets. We were, for the most part, pretty close at times, but didn't really seem to matter to him. The sparkle he helped put in her eyes, well, that sealed the deal for me.

Made sure that I found a manager at the front desk before we left to pass that along. :)

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Sorry if this has been asked before.

In the three sections, which is the closest to everything and which is the farthest.

Thanks

There are 4 sections and Nemo is the closest. If you look at my Valentine's Day trip report, you will see LOADS of pics. We stayed in Little Mermaid (which I know isn't the family suites) as we just needed a place to stay for the night, so for us, we didn't care which section. Although not far, its not convenient. Its just enough far away to be a pain if you were just running to fill up your mugs or wanted to go get something to eat.

moonwishes2013

We stayed in the Cars Suite in Febuary, it was great. We would stay here again. We enjoyed the buses too, this Resort does not share their buses with anyone. The first bus leaves in the morning at 6:45 am. I do not think the walk to Animation Hall is far at all, unless you are carrying a tray of food in those heavy stoneware plates & bowls, LOL!!! after the first 2 trips, we asked for to- go boxes, we preferred to eat in our room instead of Landscapes.

crispy

I didn't think the walk from the Little Mermaid section to Animation Hall was bad at all. Granted, we were in the section closest to The Lion King, but the walk only took a couple of minutes.

bsiev1977

I didn't think the walk from the Little Mermaid section to Animation Hall was bad at all. Granted, we were in the section closest to The Lion King, but the walk only took a couple of minutes.

I mapped it out using a geodistance website. From the center of the LM courtyard area to the Animation Hall is only a little over a quarter mile. Like walking a bit more than once around your high school track. Not much at all.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The walk from the Little Mermaid Rooms to the main building / food court (Animation Hall) isn't all that far. Plus, you'll find yourself distracted by all the decor, and probably won't notice how far it really is.

I'd estimate it's a 5 - 7 minute walk to the main building, taking your time with it.

If you are put in the VERY FURTHEST Little Mermaid room, you are looking at about a 1400 foot walk to Animation Hall (thank you Google Maps). To put that in perspective, it is about equal to walking from the monorail station at Magic Kingdom to the Castle. Most rooms will be more like 1000 feet to 1200 feet walking. This is more akin to walking from the Main Street Train Station to the Castle.

But, I wouldn't let that bother you. I've walked the property, and it really doesn't feel like long of a walk at all.

PRNCSAurora

We are getting ready to book for our 2014 trip. It will be my parents, myself, husband and almost 2 year old daughter. Which section would be best: Nemo or Lion king?

bluejasmine

Would you say the walk from LM to the food court is about like the walk from The Poly to the TTA?

I really want to stay here but the suites are just too much money.. So trying to decide if I want to LM..We visited AOA in Dec and thought it was amazing! We ate dinner in the food court the surf and surf burger was really good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom