Art of Animation Suites - Will we get what we requested?

Hot Lava

Looks like she just booked a 'family suite'. I really could strangle this woman. From the get-go, it's been a generic, older children planned trip. I've had to go back and forth with her at least 30-40 times telling her we have a 6-year-old who doesn't like princess anything, and won't do scary rides, rollercoasters, or anything that drops at the end (even Splash Mountain). She sent us a park planner 'custom planned for us' with all of those rides. What an idiot. If you want the name of who NOT to use to plan a Disney vacation, let me know. I'll pass along her information. Call me very disappointed and lesson learned. I have gone back and redone our vacation myself, and am calling again today to make sure our reservation says Cars suite. I've also gone back and replanned each day in the parks to make sure we do the rides SHE will do.

:(
I am so very sorry! It is rotten to go through this for as big as a trip it is to WDW! For future, you might want to try Kingdom Konsultants. I found out about them on this forum and decided to use them. I have been really happy. A lot of other happy people with KK as well.

As far as planning the rides, have your considered buying a subscription to touring plans? I had bought their book (Unofficial Guide), and caved to the tp app (discount for the app when you have bought the book). I am obsessed with it and the ride times! The book has a ton of "generic" touring plans (also part of the app), based on your situation (kids, no kids, little kids, teens, etc). I have not yet done this myself, but with the app, you can build customs plans to exactly tailor to want you need.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Looks like she just booked a 'family suite'. I really could strangle this woman. From the get-go, it's been a generic, older children planned trip. I've had to go back and forth with her at least 30-40 times telling her we have a 6-year-old who doesn't like princess anything, and won't do scary rides, rollercoasters, or anything that drops at the end (even Splash Mountain). She sent us a park planner 'custom planned for us' with all of those rides. What an idiot. If you want the name of who NOT to use to plan a Disney vacation, let me know. I'll pass along her information. Call me very disappointed and lesson learned. I have gone back and redone our vacation myself, and am calling again today to make sure our reservation says Cars suite. I've also gone back and replanned each day in the parks to make sure we do the rides SHE will do.

Sounds like you did get hooked up with a bad travel agent. As a former TA with Kingdom Konsultants I can tell you that is not how the majority of Disney TA's work. To ignore requests as simple as "Cars Suite" is inexcusable as is sending a client a generic itinerary and calling it "custom".

PurplePizza1

Original Poster
:(
I am so very sorry! It is rotten to go through this for as big as a trip it is to WDW! For future, you might want to try Kingdom Konsultants. I found out about them on this forum and decided to use them. I have been really happy. A lot of other happy people with KK as well.

As far as planning the rides, have your considered buying a subscription to touring plans? I had bought their book (Unofficial Guide), and caved to the tp app (discount for the app when you have bought the book). I am obsessed with it and the ride times! The book has a ton of "generic" touring plans (also part of the app), based on your situation (kids, no kids, little kids, teens, etc). I have not yet done this myself, but with the app, you can build customs plans to exactly tailor to want you need.

Thanks for the tip. I really appreciate it!

PurplePizza1

Original Poster
Sounds like you did get hooked up with a bad travel agent. As a former TA with Kingdom Konsultants I can tell you that is not how the majority of Disney TA's work. To ignore requests as simple as "Cars Suite" is inexcusable as is sending a client a generic itinerary and calling it "custom".

Thanks. I agree with you. Very disappointing. Live and learn, right? FIrst trip, so we have nothing to compare it too, so that's great right there. If there are problems, my DD will never know. My DH will, of course, because he'll hear me complaining to him about it LOL. This will be an amazing trip, and we're surprising her with two character meals. She said if she actually meets Mickey and Winnie the Pooh, she "will just die. I will just faint and die." LOL.

scarr13311

So did you plan your vacation via Disney vacation line or with a travel agent??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom