Art of Animation Suites - Will we get what we requested?

PurplePizza1

Original Poster
In lieu of flying to California and going to Cars at DL, we opted to stay in Art of Animation and instead booked a Cars family suite. Now that we've booked, we got our travel papers and I'm seeing fine print saying that we're not guaranteed a Cars suite. That is, we may get Ariel or Nemo. Our 5-year-old is a Cars fanatic, and this was a huge compromise -- going to Disney World and staying in a Cars suite and driving instead of spending $2,000 on airfare for our family flying out, the expense of renting a car, etc. at Disneyland.

Is there any way to ensure we do get the Cars family suite we booked instead of something that will otherwise be greatly upsetting to our child? I'm not exaggerating...if we don't get the Cars suite, the entire point of our staying at Art of Animation is lost. It's far from everything, doesn't have real restaurants, etc. We're staying there solely for the Cars suite.

Is there a way to guarantee we get what we are paying a whole lot of money for?

Does anyone know if this actually occurs? The suite we book isn't the one we get?

Unfortunately, I have no idea. :( I'm responding to bump this up so someone with a better answer may see it.

There's probably nothing you can do right now that you haven't already done. You can call right before the trip and confirm your preference--if you get the right CM on the phone, you'll probably be set--but nothing will be set in stone until you get there. If you are placed in a different section, you can inquire about a room switch as soon as something becomes available. I don't know how often that sort of thing is done, but we've had room switches before (due to noise, malfunctioning A/C, can't recall what else) and it's not as inconvenient as one would think. The key is to ask super-duper-nicely and not make anyone's job more difficult. ;) (And for good karma, put in a guest compliment for whichever CM made it happen for you!)

Good luck!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you have specifically booked a Cars suite you will most likely get a Cars suite. The only way you will not is if a number of them had to be removed from inventory for one reason or another.

There is no way to 100% guarantee it or any other room at WDW for that matter.

LizC

This is very disappointing. I was planning on booking a Lion King Suite with my kids and husband in Jan. But I think I will have to rethink that, as my 2 yr old. is terrified of Nemo. o_O

Thanks for the info.

Disneykidder

I would think you would receive it. You are paying a few dollars extra to stay in these suites and I am sure you will get it. You can always call Disney and relay your concerns and maybe a notation can be made in their computers. But I honestly think you will be fine.

meyeet

We have requested certain sections of Art of Animation and Pop Century on our stays there and have always gotten what we requested. When are you going because that may help if you are going during the non peak seasons.

jrab0616

There are four ways to book a suite - Lion King suite, Nemo suite, Cars suite, or just general suite. If you book the actual area, you will most likely get a room in that area. I can't really think of a reason you wouldn't unless something major was going on in one of the buildings. You can also book a suite, but not specify which area you'd like. We did this when we stayed there as we are all adults and didn't really have a preference (so we figured, why not be surprise? - we ended up getting a Nemo suite). I would say you probably have nothing to worry about. Everything should work out accordingly. I would do the online check in five or more days before you arrive to ensure that your preferences are noted on the reservation as far as room location. I truly believe this helps you get what you request and that your room is ready if at all possible when you arrive early (though not guaranteed).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is very disappointing. I was planning on booking a Lion King Suite with my kids and husband in Jan. But I think I will have to rethink that, as my 2 yr old. is terrified of Nemo. o_O

Thanks for the info.

This is nothing to really worry about or change your plans over. If you book a Lion King suite there is a 99.9% chance you will get it. The same is true for any resort or any room on property. If you were to book the Animal Kingdom Lodge Presidential Suite and the previous guests trashed the place, they would have no choice but to move you. This is why there is that disclaimer on any specific room booking.

LizC

This is nothing to really worry about or change your plans over. If you book a Lion King suite there is a 99.9% chance you will get it. The same is true for any resort or any room on property. If you were to book the Animal Kingdom Lodge Presidential Suite and the previous guests trashed the place, they would have no choice but to move you. This is why there is that disclaimer on any specific room booking.

Oh, thank you. Clearly I misunderstood.

PurplePizza1

Original Poster
Thanks everybody. It says on my paperwork I just received that I can check in 10 days prior. I will definitely do that and make certain to request the Cars suite again. Thanks so much.

PurplePizza1

Original Poster
We did our reservations through a Disney vacation planner. She's the one who first mentioned two days ago that we 'might not get a Cars suite." If I had thought this was even a possibility, I wouldn't have spent the money.

SyracuseDisneyFan

Last year when my Dad took me and my younger siblings, he used AAA to book the trip. He asked for a Lion King Suite and that's exactly what we got.:)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We did our reservations through a Disney vacation planner. She's the one who first mentioned two days ago that we 'might not get a Cars suite." If I had thought this was even a possibility, I wouldn't have spent the money.

You need to confirm this with your planner. If you they did not specifically book a Cars suite, the chances of you getting one are lower. They are going to put you where it is best for them they booked you under "themed family suite". The price is the same no matter what you do. If they did not book you under a Cars suite have them change it.

ratherbeinwdw

In lieu of flying to California and going to Cars at DL, we opted to stay in Art of Animation and instead booked a Cars family suite. Now that we've booked, we got our travel papers and I'm seeing fine print saying that we're not guaranteed a Cars suite. That is, we may get Ariel or Nemo. Our 5-year-old is a Cars fanatic, and this was a huge compromise -- going to Disney World and staying in a Cars suite and driving instead of spending $2,000 on airfare for our family flying out, the expense of renting a car, etc. at Disneyland.

Is there any way to ensure we do get the Cars family suite we booked instead of something that will otherwise be greatly upsetting to our child? I'm not exaggerating...if we don't get the Cars suite, the entire point of our staying at Art of Animation is lost. It's far from everything, doesn't have real restaurants, etc. We're staying there solely for the Cars suite.

Is there a way to guarantee we get what we are paying a whole lot of money for?

Does anyone know if this actually occurs? The suite we book isn't the one we get?
We booked Cars on the Disney website and got Cars. We were allowed to do online check in 60 days out. It used to be 10. I don't know if they've gone back to 10, but I haven't seen that anywhere. We also requested a certain section (3) close to the lobby and on the top floor, and got all those requests also and that was in April during an insanely crowded week. I do recommend you get there early in the day to increase your chances of getting all your requests. The room you want my not be ready, but you will at least get locked in to it for when it is ready.

luv

You will probably get what you requested, but any time you travel, there is a chance you'll get bumped from your flight or walked from your hotel.

If you think this would send your 5yo over the edge, just tell her before you go that you hope you'll be able to stay in a Cars suite, but don't promise anything. :)

Hot Lava

IF you are booked specifically for a Cars suite. I agree with all the posters above that state the chances are small you would not get a Cars Suite. However, if your planner only booked a AoA suite, the chances are higher. Do you have emails or paperwork that state exactly how the planner booked it? It is just a general booking, then I would call Disney and put in word as soon as possible to get a Cars suite. I would also specifically tell WDW that your very small child is terrified of Nemo.

scarr13311

We were at WDW last November 2012 and were staying at the Art of Animation we stayed in a standard view room in the Little Mermaid section, because we had problems with the tub backing up (in a new resort??? and not to mention looks like the room had not been dusted in quite a while very dusty) in our room we called the front desk. After going back and forth with the person at the front desk, we finally were able to get a manager and explained the situation, the manager was nice enough to upgrade us to a Lion King Suite.

Here we are moving to the LK section at 1:30am. When we arrived to the suite we were disappointed when we saw the LK room the decorating was done very cheaply after hearing all the rave about how the suites were so nice it was disappointing. We got ready for bed and sat down on the sofa to relax and watch some TV before going to bed. The sofa was not comfortable at all.
My sister slept on the sofa sleeper and I slept on the bed, unfortunately we both were not comfortable at all on either bed. The only thing that was nice about the suite was that the room was bigger and had two bathrooms.

You would think with all the money that you have to pay for the suites the quality and comfort would have been ALOT better. Seems like corners were cut (with bedding) when building this resort; needless to say that I was very happy to be back in my own bed when we arrived home. Next I we will consider a different Disney resort.

PurplePizza1

Original Poster
IF you are booked specifically for a Cars suite. I agree with all the posters above that state the chances are small you would not get a Cars Suite. However, if your planner only booked a AoA suite, the chances are higher. Do you have emails or paperwork that state exactly how the planner booked it? It is just a general booking, then I would call Disney and put in word as soon as possible to get a Cars suite. I would also specifically tell WDW that your very small child is terrified of Nemo.

Looks like she just booked a 'family suite'. I really could strangle this woman. From the get-go, it's been a generic, older children planned trip. I've had to go back and forth with her at least 30-40 times telling her we have a 6-year-old who doesn't like princess anything, and won't do scary rides, rollercoasters, or anything that drops at the end (even Splash Mountain). She sent us a park planner 'custom planned for us' with all of those rides. What an idiot. If you want the name of who NOT to use to plan a Disney vacation, let me know. I'll pass along her information. Call me very disappointed and lesson learned. I have gone back and redone our vacation myself, and am calling again today to make sure our reservation says Cars suite. I've also gone back and replanned each day in the parks to make sure we do the rides SHE will do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom