Aristocats Toulouse and Berlioz coming to WDW

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
I heard a rumor today that the Aristocat Marie will soon be getting a facelift in preparation for her brothers to join her as meet-and-greet characters at WDW.
The source, while secret, is reliable, but I have to question WHY they would introduce two relatively unknown characters decades after the movie, especially when other characters need a facelift SO much more, ESPECIALLY Beast, who won't be getting his in time for his new meet-and-greet location.
Either way, I'm just reporting what I heard, so enjoy those grains of salt.

HMButler79

The "Everybody Wants to be a Cat" Cats were at MK for years in the 70s. They were in souveneir books, films, and even made it to America on Parade. Maybe they should bring them back too???

Skooterkid

Mhmm, Tigger needs a face-lift to get rid of that radioactive orange colour, and perhaps Piglet could do with being a shade or two lighter? But more obscure character (in obscure, random places) would be very welcome!

drew81

I know why they're being made. ;)

This is the first I've heard of them coming to WDW(it would be cool if they do). From what I know they were supposed to be headed to Disneyland Paris.

Omegadiz

I love having as many characters as possible. I honestly wish that resorts such as the new art of animation wing featured rarer characters to familiarize guest but alas go for the new stuff. I wonder what the priority for characters are. There are plenty of established characters that can use a little help. Tigger's nose, Stitch should look moe like his cousins, Beast just looks off, etc. there ae also plenty of other characters that have yet to make an appearance. Peete, the longest active member of the disney roster for instance.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
That's something I didn't think to consider: what if they're not FOR WDW? Just because they're made here doesn't mean they're FOR here. I have no stake in this theory, but I've heard that the prince of Saudi Arabia actually commissions custom costumes to be made, such as a sculpted Jessica Rabbit, for private events with them never even appearing in Disney parks. Again, just something I've heard around the office, so... grain of salt.

drew81

That's something I didn't think to consider: what if they're not FOR WDW? Just because they're made here doesn't mean they're FOR here. I have no stake in this theory, but I've heard that the prince of Saudi Arabia actually commissions custom costumes to be made, such as a sculpted Jessica Rabbit, for private events with them never even appearing in Disney parks. Again, just something I've heard around the office, so... grain of salt.

Yes, you are on the right track. I heard he was having them made for Paris. From what I know, he loves Disney characters. If he wishes to have rare and special characters out I see nothing wrong with it. It's kind of like booking a private DCE event for yourself. Michael used to do that when he visited WDW.

Tigger1988

Yeah, just because it's made in Orlando doesn't mean anything. I saw them making a Cheshire Cat costume back in April, it was going to Paris for a special event.

bethymouse

Well- my boys LOVE the Aristocats, so this would be a nice addition! Robin Hood too! They watched those videos so much when they were small, that they got "ruined".

BrightImagine

I hope that this is true and that they will appear in WDW. Having the three kittens together could make for some cute and funny moments, akin to when Chip an' Dale are together.

My daughter loves The Aristocats and Marie, and it's always tricky to schedule meeting the character because she is only in that one area of the France pavilion for part of the day and seems to take more breaks, but when we do it is always wonderful. Marie once signed a personalized message to my daughter with a "special" pink pen, just because we waited a little longer than usual behind a disabled guest.

My first thought was that maybe Toulouse and Berlioz are going to appear in Tokyo because Marie is supposedly "big" there. But I really hope they will be in WDW!!

asianway

I hope that this is true and that they will appear in WDW. Having the three kittens together could make for some cute and funny moments, akin to when Chip an' Dale are together.

My daughter loves The Aristocats and Marie, and it's always tricky to schedule meeting the character because she is only in that one area of the France pavilion for part of the day and seems to take more breaks, but when we do it is always wonderful. Marie once signed a personalized message to my daughter with a "special" pink pen, just because we waited a little longer than usual behind a disabled guest.

My first thought was that maybe Toulouse and Berlioz are going to appear in Tokyo because Marie is supposedly "big" there. But I really hope they will be in WDW!!

Given the number of characters WDW has but chooses not to use, coupled with recent cuts, I would find it more likely for them to retire Marie, not pay to update her, and certainly not to add Berlioz or Toulouse...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom