Are you going to buy points at the Polynesian Villas & Bungalows?

Are you going to buy points at PVB?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I'm still open to the idea (leaning Yes) but haven't decided

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I don't think so (leaning towards No) but undecided

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • No way, are you crazy? Absolutely Not!

Votes: 68 74.7%

• Total voters

DVC Mike

Original Poster
Well, we now have a lot of the information necessary to make an informed decision on whether or not to purchase points at the Polynesian Villas and Bungalows. Photos of the model rooms will most likely be posted by folks attending the member previews next week. However, we now know the purchase cost per point, the initial maintenance fee per point, the point chart for making reservations, layouts of the rooms, and other basic information.

So, what are YOU going to do?

PVB__DVC.png

riess424

I will pass and continue to enjoy my time at the boardwalk, maybe one day look at Polynesian resale.

Are polynesian contracts for 50 years?

Gomer

Too rich for my blood at 160 per point and rising. I'll stick with AKL. I do wish they offered some 1BR's though so I could check it out. The 1BR is my standard booking, so they don't really have anything to offer me. If I do ever stay in a studio to conserve points and can somehow get a room, I'd love to check it out but I have a feeling 7 month bookings will be problematic for a few years to come. And unless I hit the lottery I don't see myself ever booking or buying for the bungalows.

Tom

Beta Return
We're going to stick with our $94 SSR points and if there's ever a time when we can get a Poly Studio for a few nights, at 7-months, we'll give it a shot.

rob0519

I'll just stick with my paying cash at the hotels when discounts are offered. I don't see any point in locking into a resort where overcrowding, price gouging and declining maintenance seem to be the new norm. When it reaches a level I no longer choose to tolerate, I'll just stop going and not worry about having to unload a timeshare.

Pax

We would love to add points and considered it but we have experienced booking issues the last three times we tried to book a DVC stay (first time our first two choices were unavailable and waitlist didn't come through, next all dvc resorts were full--our fault for trying to book a month out for F&W and today were told no studios were available Dec 11, 2015 at Grand Floridian, our home resort).

So, the husband and I are rethinking our plan to add on.

We took the plunge and just added points. We are pretty new DVC members so this was equal to our price paid for BLT. We didn't get as many BLT points as we had wanted because of lack of availability, so have been waiting for the Poly. We are a small family, so the Deluxe Studio will be fine for us :) Definitely not looking at the Bungalows. The Poly has always been our favorite, so it is worth it to us.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
No, we won't be adding on, but not because of the pricing.

The 220 points we bought at OKW almost 20 years ago have always been sufficient for our annual vacation needs, so even if I was interested in owning at a different resort, there wouldn't be much point for us.

DVC Mike

Original Poster
We took the plunge and just added points. We are pretty new DVC members so this was equal to our price paid for BLT. We didn't get as many BLT points as we had wanted because of lack of availability, so have been waiting for the Poly. We are a small family, so the Deluxe Studio will be fine for us :) Definitely not looking at the Bungalows. The Poly has always been our favorite, so it is worth it to us.

Congrats!

PVB__DVC.png

Congrats!

PVB__DVC.png

Thanks! I'm pretty excited...although I don't know if we are going to try and use them this year or not...We already have 3 trips booked for 2015. I thought about trying to switch the June trip, but we have a 1 bdr at BLT, and it's our first time there, which is our original home resort, and I hate to not stay there :)

pixargal

I voted no. When the announcement was first made that they were going to add DVC to Poly I was so excited and looked forward to adding on points. However, I am so disappointed with what has been done to the resort. They have destroyed Sunset Point, built those awful looking bungalows and ruined the sight lines along the beach, and tore out the atrium in the lobby. Those, to me, are what made the Poly so special. I know it is still going to be a beautiful resort, and with the addition of Trader Sam's, it will be popular. But, not for me.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not having villas killed it for me. I understand it was cheaper and easier to reuse the older buildings, but the original plans tikiman talked about would have made it hard for me to resist buying in. I may pick up a few nights in a studio by trading in at some point in the future.

NicTom1211

We also decided no, we went and added on into BLT. Maybe one day we will stay there for part of our trip but happy with our decision to buy into BLT

Longhairbear

We could stay there at the studios, we have enough points, but we never stay in studios, we prefer one bedrooms. We'll visit to see the new lobby, but probably will never book a studio there. We'd never buy points there, have to say the studios are a bit bland and look like any other hotel room in the USA.

StarWarsGirl

No, we already own at three resorts at WDW, though we are going to try to stay in a studio there in August just to see what it is like.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We would love to add points and considered it but we have experienced booking issues the last three times we tried to book a DVC stay (first time our first two choices were unavailable and waitlist didn't come through, next all dvc resorts were full--our fault for trying to book a month out for F&W and today were told no studios were available Dec 11, 2015 at Grand Floridian, our home resort).

So, the husband and I are rethinking our plan to add on.
You picked the most popular time for DVC bookings, at one of the most desired locations, so even as an owner, you would want to call at exactly the 11 month mark for a reservation. I just checked and the next week starting Dec 16th is available, but probably won't be by tomorrow.

What happened with the first two, if you don't mind telling us? What resort, room type, dates that you wanted, and when did you try?

Pax

First time, we booked July 28th for a Feb 14 stay. Wanted GFV (home), or BLT; wait listed BLT are staying at AKV.

Second time, decided on a semi spur of the moment trip with non DVC friends. Tried for either studio, 1 or 2 BR at any resort, for a three night trip (Thurs/Fri/Saturday). Could not find any openings that would not have required a room change every night. Didn't feel like that was a viable option, so in all honesty could have used DVC, but I consider it to have been unavailable, because really 3 resorts in three nights? Especially considering that it was adults only so we were out until the parks closed each night.

Third time, January 11, 2015. Log on DVC early am to book, using our 11 month window. Looking for GF studio, view or no view. Nothing available for Dec 11, and if I'm not mistaken even the 1 BR were booked full on the 11th. Wait listed the entire stay. Sent an email to customer service (haven't heard back other than the auto generated message). Continued to check throughout the following days until December 13 when I was able to get the reservation we wanted and cancel our wait list.

I recognize that a) studios are desired by lots of people and b) F&W and dates around long weekends are desirable. I'm kinda glad that Poly has added a large number of studios to the inventory. Might make it easier for us who do multiple long weekend trips and aren't looking for a full kitchen/ in room laundry. I an see us moving up in room size in a few years with the 4&8 year olds are older, but a studio is perfect for us right now.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Nope, I retired from the Army so I've got a lifetime benefit across the street at SOG for a much better price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom