Are you going to buy points at the Polynesian Villas & Bungalows?

Are you going to buy points at PVB?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I'm still open to the idea (leaning Yes) but haven't decided

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I don't think so (leaning towards No) but undecided

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • No way, are you crazy? Absolutely Not!

Votes: 68 74.7%

• Total voters

MorganKelly

We received the "official" offer documents today. We purchased 230 points at OKW (known then as the Disney Vacation Club!) back in 1991 for something like $55 a point. It has always worked out well for us in terms of enough points. We have briefly considered extra points throughout the years, but have always decided against it. I seem to be in the minority, but I have never been a fan of the Poly. We will be sitting this one out too.

slappy magoo

Without a 1BR option, I'm not even sure we'll ever be staying there, let alone buying points. When the kids get older, maybe we'll try a trip in two studios, but even then, to not be able to do laundry in the room would be a PITA. We tend to pack less and keep doing laundry throughout the trip. We might not even fold the clean clothes, it's not like we're wearing too much that needs to be pressed and slick-looking, but yeah, the laundry gets a workout when we're there.

StarWarsGirl

Changing answer to maybe. We are thinking about buying just enough points for a studio for four nights every other year. We always get a studio except for HH and Aulani, so the lack of one and two bedrooms is no biggie for us.

Of course, we are also trying to decide on getting enough Grand Californian points via resale to go there every few years, so it may come down to one or the other.

wdwfan100

Sadly no. I was so looking forward to this DVC happening too. But when you combine the $160/point with the ridiculous points chart and dues that are already pretty high, it just isn't worth it to me. It seems if they want to actually convince people this is a true vacation destination for the next 50 years, they would at least try to appear less greedy. I am personally starting to think it may not be the wisest investment I ever made. I guess that happens when you don't feel like a guest and you start to feel like a sucker.

Goofnut1980

We love our AKLV resort. I will add on there first. But we will not being spending the mega bucks on Poly. It's just too much. I can't believe they basically converted half of the resort to DVC. That way they never have to worry about not selling rack rate rooms. I wonder if this is a way to get away from having to offer room discounts, because there are less rooms to offer?!

awilliams4

With a bazzillion studios so assuming it won't be all that tough to get in at 7 months, with their other option with the bungalows being through the roof on point requirements so I would never use them. With no 1 Bedrooms thus no King Bed, Jacuzzi Tub or Washer/Dryer. Hell no. I am not even disappointed in the Poly DVC offering. I am actually p****ed off that they actually figured out a way to screw this up.

Bparso87

No way i have 160 points at SSR and don't want to mess up my 11 month window by adding another resort I am looking for more points but only at SSR

StarWarsGirl

Think the answer is probably no.

We were thinking about buying 50 or so points to go every other year, but I think we've pretty much decided on Grand Californian instead. We're still going to try to get Poly for a few nights when we go in August, but thinking it probably won't become a home resort since we already own at BLT, BWV, and BCV. Grand Californian is pretty hard to get, so we'd like the 11 month window for that and go every few years.

StarWarsGirl

No way i have 160 points at SSR and don't want to mess up my 11 month window by adding another resort I am looking for more points but only at SSR
How would it mess up your 11 month window? If you owned at more than one resort, it would mean that you would have an 11 month window for two resorts.

Bparso87

How would it mess up your 11 month window? If you owned at more than one resort, it would mean that you would have an 11 month window for two resorts.
Yes but for only the points at that resort so say I have 50 points at the poly I could only use the 50 at the poly at the 11th window can't do much with 50 points

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yes but for only the points at that resort so say I have 50 points at the poly I could only use the 50 at the poly at the 11th window can't do much with 50 points
Well, that would get you a studio Lagoon view during Adventure season, or a standard view during Adventure or Choice season every third year. If you're adding on, you would simply use your other points for the stays the other 2 years.

Bparso87

Well, that would get you a studio Lagoon view during Adventure season, or a standard view during Adventure or Choice season every third year. If you're adding on, you would simply use your other points for the stays the other 2 years.
Yea that would work

wdwfan100

Curiosity is gettting the better of me. So far everywhere I have read on this subject, the overwhelming vibe has been negative. Does anyone know how the actual sales of the property are going?

GoofGoof

Premium Member

HauntedMansionFLA

I'll just stick with my paying cash at the hotels when discounts are offered. I don't see any point in locking into a resort where overcrowding, price gouging and declining maintenance seem to be the new norm. When it reaches a level I no longer choose to tolerate, I'll just stop going and not worry about having to unload a timeshare.
I've done the math on these DVC and it seems like it's way too high" upfront money then yearly maintenance fees each year cost more than a trip.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
An update on sales from DVCnews:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...75803/news-19220/2918-march-2015-sales-update

What I found interesting is that VGF is still outselling Poly in March. VGF is over 90% sold now. They have sold just under 150,000 points at Poly in 2 1/2 months which is less than 4% of the total available. It may take a while to sell out Poly unless sales start to pick up. At this pace it will take over 4 years to sell out, but sales do tend to pick up in the summer when more guests are on property and people are over their post holiday credit card hangovers.

They also sold 8 guaranteed week deeds for the over the water bungalows. Must be nice to have something like $200K to drop down on one of those:greedy:

StarWarsGirl

An update on sales from DVCnews:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...75803/news-19220/2918-march-2015-sales-update

What I found interesting is that VGF is still outselling Poly in March. VGF is over 90% sold now. They have sold just under 150,000 points at Poly in 2 1/2 months which is less than 4% of the total available. It may take a while to sell out Poly unless sales start to pick up. At this pace it will take over 4 years to sell out, but sales do tend to pick up in the summer when more guests are on property and people are over their post holiday credit card hangovers.

They also sold 8 guaranteed week deeds for the over the water bungalows. Must be nice to have something like $200K to drop down on one of those:greedy:
Interesting. Could the low points purchases possibly be due to the lack of one and two bedroom units, with basically only the studios and the bungalows as options? Perhaps, even those who like the larger studios, feel that as their family grows, the studios won't be enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom