Are you 23?

gus ghost

I Am 64

Out of curiosity is there any mention of a list of stores where you can pick up the D-Twenty Three Magazine. I would like to purchase a copy of the Disney Mag on steroids and see what $16 + tax looks like.

It's a nice magazine. I'm not gunna join the club though. They're lucky I'm an ephemera nut! I'll get all the magazines. I picked my copy at Barnes and Noble today at lunchtime. There were only two copies on the shelf! They are mixed in with the film magazines. Next to "Fangoria" LOL:lol:

WDWFigment

I searched eBay for "D23" just out of curiosity, and this is one thing I found. I thought it was sort of ironically apt: http://cgi.ebay.com/CUTE-KITTY-DOG-...14&_trkparms=72:1729|66:2|65:12|39:2|240:1318

Brian_WDW74

Out of curiosity is there any mention of a list of stores where you can pick up the D-Twenty Three Magazine. I would like to purchase a copy of the Disney Mag on steroids and see what $16 + tax looks like.

From the press release:
Disney twenty-three subscriptions are available only by becoming a member of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans. Individual issues of Disney twenty-three retail for $15.95 and are available exclusively at all U.S. Barnes & Noble booksellers, all domestic Disney Stores, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World, and Disneyshopping.com.

Captain Chaos

I wasn't looking at this being a whole lot, but, I am kind of disappointed... I was going to join, but, I think I may hold off for a while...

Einselen

Can one buy a D23 membership say in the parks? If so does that mean I could use my $75 (or there about) giftcard from my birthday to buy a membership?

DoctorPrius

The fact that D23 is for Disney to "reach out to the diehard fans" yet doesn't even have a forum or community center goes to show how out of touch Iger and Rasolu are with the populance.

Einselen

In theory you should be able to but your probably better off spending the giftcard on something worthwhile

Like what? There isn't too much merchandise I must have at Disney. I am not a pin collector/trader (I did buy one but then lost it months later, ho hum $9 whatever). I don't really need Mickey ears. A publication that can sit on my coffee table for 3 months before switching out will give me a way to enjoy Disney at home (I guess I could just hop in the car anytime, but that isn't the point).

Disneyfan2000

Im thinking they started D23 because they saw potential profits going to great magazines such as Orlando Attractions and Celebration magazine and figured wow that money could be ours...quick to the bat cave!
. But I did purchase it as soon as I got out of school. I really enjoyed, its very well put togeather. I'm probably going to buy all the issues when there released and not subscribe. 17$ here and 17$ there wont seem so bad. But 75$ in one shot just hurts my wallet. Plus some of the inside info is great that most other fan Magazines wont be able to get because there not offical Disney Cast Members. LIke the Alice in wonderland article.

But thats just me :wave:

cpeterstx

I'll be happy to join as soon as I see some benefits...other than getting a discount to merchandising show. Now, if they give 23 club members priority dining reservations or show seating, etc., I would call that a benefit.

I bought the mag at B&N and will read it tonight.

1disneydood

"Are you 23?"
:lookaroun

I am NOT a number!
mcgoohan_prisoner.jpg

I am a free man!

WDW1974

Oh no, we all know that true fans berate the product every chance they get under the guise of "caring".

It sounds like you're questioning motives under the 'guise' of being a fairer, more open-minded fan.

If you actually like something that Disney does, then you are "high on pixie dust".:rolleyes:

That seems like a terribly ignorant viewpoint. I hope you don't have it. That's almost as bad as those high on pixie dust fanbois who think Disney can do no wrong.

~Coming Soon to D23: The Jay Rasulo Swimsuit Edition (including Mouse-eared vomit bag!)~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom