Anyone know: Traditions?

figmentmom

I don't have to do Traditions again (for the 2nd program in a row). I got my ID this morning, and went to see DDCT.

Did you get a photo ID (and is it good through 12/31/07?) I looooooved seeing my smiling face on my ID last year (the year before, it was just a faceless temporary ID). :lol:

TiffTiff

:shrug: Anyone know how many days after check-in you do traditions? I have friends coming with me and I'm hoping that it's 2 days after check-in.

joanna71985

Did you have a photo ID last year?

Nope. I was on the CP, so it was white.

:shrug: Anyone know how many days after check-in you do traditions? I have friends coming with me and I'm hoping that it's 2 days after check-in.

If you are doing the CP, it is your third day there. First day check-in, second day find out work location, and third day Traditions (also the day you get your ID, your ticket to the parks).

tinkerbell88

Nope. I was on the CP, so it was white.

If you are doing the CP, it is your third day there. First day check-in, second day find out work location, and third day Traditions (also the day you get your ID, your ticket to the parks).
what about if you are doing the career start program?

Quick question - on check-in day, do you just get moved in and then do whatever? What about the 2nd day, do you start training at all or do you just find out your location and go ahead with your day?

Also, how early does everything start? I know check-in is at 9am, and I'm planning on getting there at least by 8:45 maybe earlier, what about finding out your work location and traditions?

Thanks!!!

joanna71985

Quick question - on check-in day, do you just get moved in and then do whatever? What about the 2nd day, do you start training at all or do you just find out your location and go ahead with your day?

Also, how early does everything start? I know check-in is at 9am, and I'm planning on getting there at least by 8:45 maybe earlier, what about finding out your work location and traditions?

Thanks!!!

It's pretty simple. Here is how it was for me.
Day #1- This is check-in day. It says it starts at 9, but I got to check-in at 8am and was done by 8:50 (exactly). You go around to all the different stations. You take care of housing (you get placed in the complex and apartment), get your key, fingerprinting, get your housing ID, make sure you have the Disney Look, and get registered for the Portal. After that you just have to attend a housing meeting and the rest of the day is yours.

Day #2- This is the day you find out your work location. You are given your training schedule and also you find out which Traditions group you are in.

Day #3 is Traditions day. You also get your work ID (your ticket to the parks) here.

LongballMG

I still have my old white CP ID from 2005. I know i need to bring it to security at the DU as soon as I arrive so i can get my new one.

Does anyone know if they will issue it on the spot or do I still have to wait until day 3?

~Mike

sum41914

Just got mine this morning (ID). Went to Access Control and turned my old white one in for a new one. Also I don't even start working/training until Tuesday. My ID expires in January? Im leaving in August. :shrug: . Didn't have to do traditions, so I hit up Everest, Nemo Musical and Dinosaur today.

-Have a Magical Day!

-Sum

Magicmyway

Original Poster
I don't have to do Traditions again (for the 2nd program in a row). I got my ID this morning, and went to see DDCT.
Hey Joanna!!! How is it there? Just wondering: What was the last date you worked? (Is it a 6 month or year period they are going by for redoing traditions)

Magicmyway

Original Poster
what about if you are doing the career start program?

Careerstart is exactly mapped out like CP the one exception when I was there was our traditions was 8 hours and when my bf checked in his cp in May his was 4, so I dont know what the exact hours are, but the days are the same!

tinkerbell88

Careerstart is exactly mapped out like CP the one exception when I was there was our traditions was 8 hours and when my bf checked in his cp in May his was 4, so I dont know what the exact hours are, but the days are the same!
So you check in one day and then you learn your work place and then I do traditions? Is that how the days go? When do I start actually working in the what ever park I'm put it? Oh for merchadise purpose are you allowed to ask your preference of inside or outside? I want to know because I have fair skin and I burn really bad and I would rather be inside at the emporium!! he he!!

joanna71985

Just got mine this morning (ID). Went to Access Control and turned my old white one in for a new one. Also I don't even start working/training until Tuesday. My ID expires in January? Im leaving in August. :shrug: . Didn't have to do traditions, so I hit up Everest, Nemo Musical and Dinosaur today.

-Have a Magical Day!

-Sum

Wow. Nothing til Tues?

Hey Joanna!!! How is it there? Just wondering: What was the last date you worked? (Is it a 6 month or year period they are going by for redoing traditions)

Hey!:wave: I last worked Jan 4th (and I think it is a year time period).

Magicmyway

Original Poster
So you check in one day and then you learn your work place and then I do traditions? Is that how the days go? When do I start actually working in the what ever park I'm put it? Oh for merchadise purpose are you allowed to ask your preference of inside or outside? I want to know because I have fair skin and I burn really bad and I would rather be inside at the emporium!! he he!!

Thats basically how the day goes. IT could stretch a day difference if they changed anything. After traditions you'll go through merchantainment (a set of classes to learn the matra system and dealing with guests (basically register training)) then after that, youll go to on the job so I guess it's about 2 days after traditions before you go to your area. Unfortunately, you'll end up in the sun most likely at least for a little bit. Disney does go through rotations about 45- hour sometimes less than that so you wont be out long, but everyone takes their turn especially if it's not a real health problem. I had older ladies in liberty square who too had to stand outside.. so I guess have fun!!! It'll be okay!!

joanna71985

Thats basically how the day goes. IT could stretch a day difference if they changed anything. After traditions you'll go through merchantainment (a set of classes to learn the matra system and dealing with guests (basically register training)) then after that, youll go to on the job so I guess it's about 2 days after traditions before you go to your area. Unfortunately, you'll end up in the sun most likely at least for a little bit. Disney does go through rotations about 45- hour sometimes less than that so you wont be out long, but everyone takes their turn especially if it's not a real health problem. I had older ladies in liberty square who too had to stand outside.. so I guess have fun!!! It'll be okay!!

A few places just work indoors (including the Emporium).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom