Anyone know: Traditions?

Captain Hank

What is the united way payroll deduction card? How long does traditions last?And if there is time can you go to the parks becuase the site said you can start going to the parks as soon as you get your ID. Is this true?
You have the option of donating a portion (dollar amount or percentage) of your paycheck to the Central Florida United Way. They pass out the forms to do this at Traditions, but it is completely optional to do so. If you don't fill out the card and later decide that you'd want to participate in the program, you can sign up to do so on The Hub (the Cast intranet, formerly called The Portal).

Traditions lasted several hours, though I don't remember exactly how long. You are welcome to use your park entrance priviledges as soon as Traditions is over.

figmentmom

If I recall correctly, the morning session of Traditions was about three hours; we took a lunch break, and then had an afternoon session. :wave:

Captain Hank

Traditions is that long? Wow! It isn't boring right? I will actually enjoy it right?
The legal stuff isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but the rest is pretty interesting. Don't worry. :) After taking the class, you'll have a better perspective of the Company as a whole. The Traditions coaches will often also share some of their experiences with guests (some rather emotional--in a good way). Also, Traditions is the gateway to working at WDW. Good luck with Traditions and your new role! Welcome to the family.

tinkerbell88

You will. And it isn't optional, so you might just as well DECIDE to enjoy it! :ROFLOL:

...and here's a welcome to the company from me, too! :wave:
I can't wait to go. I leave in two weeks. I can't wait to start working for Disney. Don't you also get payed for traditions?

sum41914

Just wanted to let you guys know, when I did my Day 2 check in for my 2nd CP this morning, I didn't have to take traditions and Once Upon a Time is now again. I left my CP in January as it ended, so 5 months later I don't have to take traditions again. My roomate however left last August doesn't have to take traditions again. The thing is in order to receive your Work ID you have to get to Access Control (I don't want to tell you where that is, put I will PM you if you need to know) on your second day of check in.

-Sum

Piebald

Traditions is just like an orientation type thing you'd have in college or something. Lots of power point presentations, maybe some group activities, watching some stuff on TV (sexual harassment video which is comedic gold).

They also give you a lot of dumb little toys. I think I brought home like 7 little character toys and threw them in my room.

For the most part it's pretty fun unless you get that annoying " Disney know-it-all" person who you just want to step on their throat the whole time. Oh wait, that was just me? oh well...

tinkerbell88

Traditions is just like an orientation type thing you'd have in college or something. Lots of power point presentations, maybe some group activities, watching some stuff on TV (sexual harassment video which is comedic gold).

They also give you a lot of dumb little toys. I think I brought home like 7 little character toys and threw them in my room.

For the most part it's pretty fun unless you get that annoying " Disney know-it-all" person who you just want to step on their throat the whole time. Oh wait, that was just me? oh well...
What kind of toys?

Captain Hank

I thought the emporium was? or is that the biggest store in MK?
World of Disney is the largest merchandise location on property.

Mousegear (Epcot) is the largest in-park merchandise location out of the 4 parks.

The Emporium is the largest merchandise location in the Magic Kingdom.

Also, larger doesn't necessarily mean better. I, too worked merchandise as part of my Professional Internship role and also picked up many shifts around property. One of my favorites was Splashdown Photo in Fronteirland. Everest Merch was also fun (though the costume was awful). I'll be working merchandise in Epcot for two months when I go back down in two weeks.

tinkerbell88

World of Disney is the largest merchandise location on property.

Mousegear (Epcot) is the largest in-park merchandise location out of the 4 parks.

The Emporium is the largest merchandise location in the Magic Kingdom.

Also, larger doesn't necessarily mean better. I, too worked merchandise as part of my Professional Internship role and also picked up many shifts around property. One of my favorites was Splashdown Photo in Fronteirland. Everest Merch was also fun (though the costume was awful). I'll be working merchandise in Epcot for two months when I go back down in two weeks.
Thanks for the info. I'm going down there in two weeks too!!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom