Anyone ever won a free Disney Vacation?

PeoplemoverTTA

I won a grand prize trip from McDonalds for their Happiest Homecoming on Earth promotion back in 2005. I rarely eat fast food, but they had just launched their "new" salads, and I tried a grilled chicken one. It was an instant win game, and I didn't win anything, but I could enter a code online to win a grand prize. This was in mid-summer sometime, I don't really remember. If it wasn't a Disney prize, I probably would have thrown it out.

A few months later, the week before Christmas, I got a letter in the mail from FedEx - I had no clue what in the world it could be! When I opened it and started reading, I was literally trembling, lol. I was screaming my head off and calling everyone I know :D

I won a trip for 4 to either WDW or Disneyland. Since I was a WDW passholder and it was DL's 50th, I chose Disneyland. It was a 4-night, 5-day trip for 4. I took my parents and sister, and we received accommodations in the Disneyland hotel (I had already stayed at Paradise Pier in 2002 and the Grand Californian earlier in 2005, so I wanted to complete the trifecta of DL hotels!), plus our tickets and airfare (on Continental - worst flights ever, lol). We ended up traveling March 31, 2006 to April 4.

It still boggles my mind that I won a Disney trip, let alone in a national contest. My sister won a trip to the Grammy's in 2000 too, so I guess we're lucky. Yet we're always complaining that we're not!

JIMINYCR

YOAMD I won several Mickey ears and lanyards, but never won the elusive trip to Disney or any other prize worth getting excited about. I always search for the Disney contests, follow all the entry rules but never come close to stepping foot into Disney on their dime.:(

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
My sister won the Dream Job Contest in 2007. She won parade performer for a day. She was able to bring 3 people with her so I got to go. It was 3 nights at DL Hotel and 4 day PHs. Plus we had some other special events. Welcome dessert party at Aladdin's Oasis and VIP Fireworks viewing, closing dinner in a ball room at DL Hotel with the Fab 5 in attendance and we got to go to the Finding Nemo subs opening party. It was awesome!

wdwfan4ver

I never won a free trip, but my Mom did.

She won a free WDW from a local Radio Station Mother's day contest drawing in 1991 for a family of 4. It was the first WDW trip for my Dad, my younger brother and I.

Mom won free Airfare on Delta airlines, free transportation from Airport to hotel, free stay at Yacht and Beach Club for 5 days and 4 nights, free Park admission to all parks, 3 free table services meals a day including free tip.

The flight on Delta Airline wasn't non stop. We have a lot memories from the first trip. We liked WDW so much that we went back the next year.

MITCH 112198

Yes We have. in 2003 before kids, I won a Disney trip of the radio for knowing the Disney character of the day and being the 10th caller. Never thought I would win.
We won 5 days 4 nights at the resort of our choice, airfare, $200.00 in spending money, cirque du soliel tickets in ( in the front row), and was in the animal kingdom parade, and park hopper tickets

We chose to go 2 more nights on our own money added to the trip.
we stayed at the Grand Floridian. in a balcony room overlooking the Magic kingdom.
We had the greatest time on our vacation and only spent 400.00 extra to stay 2 extra nights.
we did have to buy our own food while there, it wasn't included

Tiggerfanatic

never won a trip. Won $3000 once and spent it on a trip though.
Ha!Ha! Our first trip in '92 came about when I hit a ticket at work for $1700.00. Paid for 6 days/5 nights at the Poly for 3 adults and 1 child including food and gas for the drive down. We thought we were living high on the hog! Couldn't even pay for the resort for that amount now....:rolleyes:

puppawuppa

Yes, in 1986 we won a 4 day trip through my employer. We stayed at Royal Plaza and there were about 75 of us so it was 1 big party. Didn't really appreciate the parks then but making up for it now. That's when my obsession began...We weren't able to get back to Disney until 2000, been trying to go every couple of years.
Kim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom