Anyone else have a terrible DME baggage experience?

Ariel Savage

On our last trip, only half of my party's bags arrived. I called the luggage number but no one answered-- which was obviously very concerning. I finally just walked down to the luggage area at the front of POP resort right before they closed to the public for the night. I begged a man to just check where the bags were. If they were at the airport, fine, I just wanted to know where they were. Thank goodness I asked because he saw that they had been delivered TO THE WRONG ROOM. The occupants informed them that this random luggage was delivered to them but no one ever came to take it out of their room. It was now 11:30 at night and me getting my luggage completely depended on whether or not this family was still awake for the night. The man who helped me seemed to be a supervisor and he said he'd personally take care of it. Within the hour, he delivered the luggage and apologized profusely. It was just a horrible situation all around. They were clearly very busy that night and even though I was angry, there's really nothing anyone can do, especially when someone is apologizing and accepting that it went very wrong. I was just glad we got our bags.

BUT, I will admit that on our last few trips, something almost always goes wrong at the resorts (check-in system down, not given the connecting rooms like we requested, dining plan not working, etc.).

daisyduckie

BUT, I will admit that on our last few trips, something almost always goes wrong at the resorts (check-in system down, not given the connecting rooms like we requested, dining plan not working, etc.).

Not getting connecting rooms is not something going wrong. It is not getting a request. bummer, maybe. But requests are requests. They are not guarantees.

Mouse_Trap

Glad you said something, becuase I was going to. Whenever you travel, late or lost luggage is a possibility.I'ts unpleasant and annoying, but hardly worth making a fake UserID and calling a free service a sham. Get your own bags, rent a car, take a shuttle, there are at least 3 ways to have avoided the problem. I hope you didn't let it ruin your vacation.

It's not a free service though, its one of the extras for which you are paying Disney hotel/motel prices for.

Stay elsewhere and you will get the same or higher standard for a vastly cheaper price....you don't get DME then though.
The rest of the post I agree with.

Cluno

We've only been twice, but it was great both times. Most recently, we saw the CM delivering our three bags when we were having our first swim in the quiet pool (pool view room), so I called up to him that it was us when he knocked on the door. I had a minor panic when he said "Just the two bags, right?" He was just joking though, thank goodness!

rob0519

It's not a free service though, its one of the extras for which you are paying Disney hotel/motel prices for.

Stay elsewhere and you will get the same or higher standard for a vastly cheaper price....you don't get DME then though.
The rest of the post I agree with.

I can sort of see your point. Since we don't use it I look at it as free, because it doesn't show up as an extra charge on the WDW bill, but if I want to use it, it's there. I will disagree with part of your statement. Staying elsewhere may or may not be cheaper, let alone vastly cheaper, depending on the level of hotel. At the prices of the Deluxe Resorts, I agree, better, cheaper, but more inconvenient lodging is available elsewhere. At the Value Resorts, I don't see the price difference as that great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom