Anybody see the new remodeled Poly rooms yet?

copcarguyp71

934027_531065176960751_1098462891_n.jpg

PolynesianPrincess

We're toying with the idea of staying at the Poly in Sept the night before the cruise. The only thing stopping me from booking is the price. We did find a 20% discount but it still is more than I would like to pay, so we were looking at BC or BWV instead. But looking at the room renovation pic, I think the new Poly rooms look GREAT!! Ughhh... decisions, decisions....

DisneyDebNJ

We're toying with the idea of staying at the Poly in Sept the night before the cruise. The only thing stopping me from booking is the price. We did find a 20% discount but it still is more than I would like to pay, so we were looking at BC or BWV instead. But looking at the room renovation pic, I think the new Poly rooms look GREAT!! Ughhh... decisions, decisions....
We LOVE the Poly!! But for one night, I see what you're saying. What about just sitting on the Poly beach the night before the cruise, to watch Wishes? If you're anything like me, you won't sleep that much the night before you cruise :)

PolynesianPrincess

We LOVE the Poly!! But for one night, I see what you're saying. What about just sitting on the Poly beach the night before the cruise, to watch Wishes? If you're anything like me, you won't sleep that much the night before you cruise :)

Our plan right now is to hang out at the resort pool for a bit after we check in and then head to Epcot. So all 3 (BWV, BC and Poly) would be convenient. BWV and BC for walking to IG and then Poly for taking the monorail. I was leaning towards the BC when my sister made a good point: we have never stayed at the Poly so we don't know if it would be worth $400+ a night and our trips are usually 5-7 nights and we don't like the thought of trying it for a couple nights and then switching to a cheaper resort midweek. So she said this would be the perfect chance to try it out for the one night to see if we like it. She makes a valid point sometimes lol plus we REALLY want to stay at the Poly. BC is so much like New Englabd seaside resorts that we see all the time... Decisions, decisions...

Sorry @fractal for hijacking your thread! :)

DisneyDebNJ

Our plan right now is to hang out at the resort pool for a bit after we check in and then head to Epcot. So all 3 (BWV, BC and Poly) would be convenient. BWV and BC for walking to IG and then Poly for taking the monorail. I was leaning towards the BC when my sister made a good point: we have never stayed at the Poly so we don't know if it would be worth $400+ a night and our trips are usually 5-7 nights and we don't like the thought of trying it for a couple nights and then switching to a cheaper resort midweek. So she said this would be the perfect chance to try it out for the one night to see if we like it. She makes a valid point sometimes lol plus we REALLY want to stay at the Poly. BC is so much like New Englabd seaside resorts that we see all the time... Decisions, decisions...

Sorry @fractal for hijacking your thread! :)
To us, the Poly is SO relaxing, but.... $400 more is ALOT of money. Having said that, if you wind up loving it as much as we do, (well OK, as much as I do.. hubby is looking forward to WLV this year) you can spend your next Disney vacation at the Poly!! (maybe room discount?!?!?) We really like the quiet pool and the monorail is super convenient, as is TTC. The rooms are a tad larger, as are the balconies than at the Epcot resorts, IMHO.

ddbowdoin

To us, the Poly is SO relaxing, but.... $400 more is ALOT of money. Having said that, if you wind up loving it as much as we do, (well OK, as much as I do.. hubby is looking forward to WLV this year) you can spend your next Disney vacation at the Poly!! (maybe room discount?!?!?) We really like the quiet pool and the monorail is super convenient, as is TTC. The rooms are a tad larger, as are the balconies than at the Epcot resorts, IMHO.

I'd say a little more than a tad! My "balcony" at the beach club was enough for one person to stand up, do a 360 while standing still, it was pretty funny.

The Poly on the other hand, pure magic. We got an upgrade to a MK view for our honeymoon!

DisneyDebNJ

I'd say a little more than a tad! My "balcony" at the beach club was enough for one person to stand up, do a 360 while standing still, it was pretty funny.

The Poly on the other hand, pure magic. We got an upgrade to a MK view for our honeymoon!
I always loved the Poly, and love the Hawaii Bldg.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Did they remodel the bathrooms like they did at the Contemporary?

Yes, the bathrooms now have double sinks and lighting around the mirrors, making it so much easier to see! There is also a magnifying make-up mirror. The tub now has beige tile (not the dark green) and the soap no longer sticks like concrete to the holder :)

Several downsides:
There is no longer a full-length mirror behind the bathroom door (or anywhere else in the room.)
There is no shelf below the sink area to hold cosmetic bags, hair appliances, etc. There is a small area past the second sink where we had to store our stuff. Miss the shelf.
The hook to hold your robe or towel which used to be right next to the tub is now on the wall BEHIND the tub. To get to your towel after showering, you must either leave your towel on the floor, or twist your body around and reach behind the wall to get your towel. BAD DESIGN.

But all in all, the room refurb is much nicer than the old rooms.

sweetpee_1993

Yep, the Beach Club has regular and Juliet balconies. It's a toss-up when booking there because you can't specifically book the regular balconies. The Yacht Club has the balcony advantage edge because they don't have the Juliet balconies (to my knowledge). :D

ddbowdoin

Yep, the Beach Club has regular and Juliet balconies. It's a toss-up when booking there because you can't specifically book the regular balconies. The Yacht Club has the balcony advantage edge because they don't have the Juliet balconies (to my knowledge). :D
It was just funny but I could care less... Pay for deluxes ESP the BC, to walk to two gates and an entertainment area. I could care less the size of a room or its theme.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Gettin pumped yet!??

Love the Poly!
I always dreamed about staying there and my expectations were outrageous, not to mention all the hyping I did to my family
leading up to our stay - Totally lived up to every expectation and all the hype!
Great resort.
Love what they did with the refurb. Nice changes, subtle in most respects and unmistakably "the Poly"!

Enjoy!

matt9112

Gettin pumped yet!??

Love the Poly!
I always dreamed about staying there and my expectations were outrageous, not to mention all the hyping I did to my family
leading up to our stay - Totally lived up to every expectation and all the hype!
Great resort.
Love what they did with the refurb. Nice changes, subtle in most respects and unmistakably "the Poly"!

Enjoy!

first positive post i have seen from you....=)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom