Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Give the people a break. I'd like to see some of you doing that. And LOL at live entertainment at Disney being criticized as tacky.

Firstly, another rubbish post by you.

No one is ripping the performers. In fact the feeling I get from the reaction here, is feeling badly for them. The show is ill conceived. They do there best, but it can't save what is a bad idea.

Gregoryp73

Give the people a break. I'd like to see some of you doing that. And LOL at live entertainment at Disney being criticized as tacky.

Actually I've seen alot of great entertainers at Disney...My jaw dropped watching a ragtime piano player at DHS back in the day (in a food court of all places?)...and the guys they got going around Frontierland are a hoot.

I think people are commenting on the individual act that disney has put together at no fault to the performers themselves.

stitch2008

Why does it make you nervous? Times and things change. WDI may benefit in the long run by being leaner.

They would benefit a lot.

What makes me nervous is WDI has know that they have needed to run leaner for quite some time, decades in fact, yet it seems that nothing has changed. If this TT redo comes of great and under budget I have a feeling attraction sponsors will not longer want to use them and they will slowly fade into the background and cease to exist. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing at this point. Charging insane prices because you are the best and worth it is one thing. Charging insane prices for something several other companies are doing as good or better for less is cutting your own throat.

WDI doesn't want to run leaner. Ive talked with people at other parks and it's quite clear to a lot of them that WDI doesn't think there is anything wrong with how they operate today. To WDI, the problem is management. Those big mean and greedy upper level managers won't green light their projects. Who cares if they cost a lot? There going to be amazing and that should be enough to overshadow the price right?

I don't think WDI will ever fade away. I think they will always be there. But they need to get A LOT leaner.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They would benefit a lot.

WDI doesn't want to run leaner. Ive talked with people at other parks and it's quite clear to a lot of them that WDI doesn't think there is anything wrong with how they operate today. To WDI, the problem is management. Those big mean and greedy upper level managers won't green light their projects. Who cares if they cost a lot? There going to be amazing and that should be enough to overshadow the price right?

I don't think WDI will ever fade away. I think they will always be there. But they need to get A LOT leaner.
Such a shame. We shall see what happens after the TT refurb. If a success there does not shake them up a bit, maybe an outside company doing the next new E-ticket from start to finish would.

montyz81

How awesome would it be if that awful looking monstrosity of metal and tarps be removed during this refurb.

Even more so would be that old curved omini mover track back in that open vestibule. It would have been so much better if TT took advantage of that piece of the track.

The Empress Lilly

How awesome would it be if that awful looking monstrosity of metal and tarps be removed during this refurb.
Yes!

The ultimate test of the succs of this refurb/reimagining will be if they mange to remove the scaffolding.
Such a beautiful building! A beauty derived from its sleek, rigidly simple shape. And they destroy it all by adding a monstrosity of metal and tarps. Vandals.

The Empress Lilly

Also, somebody tell 'Entertainment' that not every dead end, not every temporarily down attraction, needs entertainment. Guests will simply move on to M:S or WS.

This a cappella group was not conceived out of creative inspiration, but on a manager's desk, who ordered Entertainment to come up with a filler. And so an uninspired filler it is.

Also, somebody tell 'Entertainment' that not every dead end, not every temporarily down attraction, needs entertainment. Guests will simply move on to M:S or WS.

This a cappella group was not conceived out of creative inspiration, but on a manager's desk, who ordered Entertainment to come up with a filler. And so an uninspired filler it is.

Agreed.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Firstly, another rubbish post by you.

No one is ripping the performers. In fact the feeling I get from the reaction here, is feeling badly for them. The show is ill conceived. They do there best, but it can't save what is a bad idea.

Actually I've seen alot of great entertainers at Disney...My jaw dropped watching a ragtime piano player at DHS back in the day (in a food court of all places?)...and the guys they got going around Frontierland are a hoot.

I think people are commenting on the individual act that disney has put together at no fault to the performers themselves.

Exactly. No one is ripping the performers, who, as everyone has pointed out, are doing their very best. However, the show is horrendous and extremely amateurish. And yes, tacky. It's tacky to ask people to go to guest relations and leave positive comments (and I'm SHOCKED Disney allowed that).

The entire show is a misfire, and it's through no fault of the performers. They're doing the best with what they're given.

Frankly, I don't see the group lasting more than a month, if that. They'd best be disbanded and sent to areas where their talents can be better utilized with more direction, time, and practice.

This performance comes across as really slapdash and pointless. But the fact that Disney feels compelled for at least some sort of "new" entertainment is evident they're aware of the big lack FW currently has right now. I have my fingers crossed that within the next 10 years, they'll shift focus to fix Future World completely.

flynnibus

Premium Member
...brought to you by the same entertainment that brought us that horrible stitch stage show.

Is anyone surprised by just how horrible this show is?

Gregoryp73

Frankly, I don't see the group lasting more than a month, if that. They'd best be disbanded and sent to areas where their talents can be better utilized with more direction, time, and practice.

This performance comes across as really slapdash and pointless. But the fact that Disney feels compelled for at least some sort of "new" entertainment is evident they're aware of the big lack FW currently has right now. I have my fingers crossed that within the next 10 years, they'll shift focus to fix Future World completely.

Now if you had a group of individuals that made music via auto parts (think blue man group, not just banging on parts, making melodies!)...they could wheel out on a vehicle or a trailer.

I think they went cheap on this...Slap some lab coats on performers, give them a hoaky story line, and make them panhandle for positive comments at guest relations...and bingo bango....show failure.

stitch2008

Such a shame. We shall see what happens after the TT refurb. If a success there does not shake them up a bit, maybe an outside company doing the next new E-ticket from start to finish would.

I can see it. And I wouldn't be against it. There are so many companies out there that dream of working with Disney.

Of course I'm sure people will foam and melt if that ever happened.

The Empress Lilly

That Chevorlet song is pretty catchy. I wonder if the ride will include something similar.
It is catchy! Definately the highlight of the performance. Complete with cute little dance routine.
5:00 mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY5AjWmw8Z8

Who knows...we might see it in the ride. The song has a cool retro quality about it, more WoM than TT. Could this be an indication, however slight, of things to come?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
That Chevorlet song is pretty catchy. I wonder if the ride will include something similar.

It is catchy! Definately the highlight of the performance. Complete with cute little dance routine.
5:00 mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY5AjWmw8Z8

Who knows...we might see it in the ride. The song has a cool retro quality about it, more WoM than TT. Could this be an indication, however slight, of things to come?

Of course it's retro...it was used in an advertising campaign in the 1950's! I believe I've seen clips of Dinah Shore signing it when she was about 25 years old.

MissMorrow

Am I the only one who thinks the entertainment isn't that bad? I thought they actually sounded good, reminded me a little of American Vibe. The pretext, admittedly, is awful.

Clamman73

Am I the only one who thinks the entertainment isn't that bad? I thought they actually sounded good, reminded me a little of American Vibe. The pretext, admittedly, is awful.

It's not bad - they sound great, but it's just the tackiness of it all. Moreover, if Disney was able to put this group together and have them practice the songs, then they knew TT was closing that date, but were still a little hush-hush about it all.
Also, I don't think they sing a Fun to be Free version. Was up wit dat?

DisneyWall-E

Would they do this refurb in sections? Like, could they finish the ride portion first and open it up, and wall off the pre and post show? Or is this going to be a complete finish and then open.

FigmentJedi

Would they do this refurb in sections? Like, could they finish the ride portion first and open it up, and wall off the pre and post show? Or is this going to be a complete finish and then open.

Doing it all at once considering it reopens in November. What you said sounds silly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom