Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

go3epcot

Original Poster
I am wondering if there has been any further news on the re-theming of Test Track? They were planning on closing in April sometime and reopening in "Fall 2012". Any signs that this time frame will hold? Next visit is in late November...

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I am wondering if there has been any further news on the re-theming of Test Track? They were planning on closing in April sometime and reopening in "Fall 2012". Any signs that this time frame will hold? Next visit is in late November...

No dates yet but an April Closing and Late Nov/Early Dec reopening looks to be the rumoured dates! Something like the SM refurb a few years back

I_heart_Tigger

Any firm date on the closing next month? I'll be there from the 12th-17th and I think my Disney Newbie friends would love Test Track

I_heart_Tigger

I thought April 15th was the confirmed closing date.

Well hopefully then or later. I arrive on the 12th and will hop over to Epcot to ride it before it shuts down. Wonder if line ups will be super long and Fastpasses gone even faster if people are expecting it to shut down. I guess I'm hoping most people have no idea that it will be closing so they don't rush to ride it

disney magic 06

Oh I really hope so! We arrive on 1st May and two of our favourite rides are BTMR and Test Track. With BTMR being closed already it'll be disappointing if Test Track is closed too.

JustInTime

People assume that if it hasn't been mentioned in a while, it would be canceled?! I doubt it at this point. So much money has already been spent on this...

star1991

How can it be fair to guests to not officially advertise the closing of test track on the official parks website? I know attractions must be refurb-ed often but I have usually known months in advance that I would not be able to ride an attraction (for example SM) during my previous visits. This seems different and I have my doubts especially for them to close it during the peak summer season when Epcot has little else to offer in the way of other attractions...:shrug:

JustInTime

How can it be fair to guests to not officially advertise the closing of test track on the official parks website? I know attractions must be refurb-ed often but I have usually known months in advance that I would not be able to ride an attraction (for example SM) during my previous visits. This seems different and I have my doubts especially for them to close it during the peak summer season when Epcot has little else to offer in the way of other attractions...:shrug:

A year or two ago Living With the Land closed for a very lengthy refurb the day before my trip with no announcement at all.

star1991

A year or two ago Living With the Land closed for a very lengthy refurb the day before my trip with no announcement at all.

That sucks! I was really hoping that they wouldn't close test track because I look forward to it at Epcot..looks like we'll just have to be surprised :( The only thing I would say is that Living with the Land is great but it just doesn't handle the same guest capacity in terms of the whole summer closure thing. Soarin already has nearly a two hour wait sometimes and I can't believe Disney hates Epcot that much that they want to make it even worse for the summer by closing a major attraction. Lame...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom