1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Any Bounce Backs for 2014

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by WDW-LUVR, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

Yes that's it. did you read through it?

2. afarese

afarese Well-Known Member

Yeah I just went through it and looked at all the papers and didnt see anything :/

3. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

sorry.... maybe if you call the front desk they can tell you if there's anything being offered.

afarese likes this.
  4. afarese

I probably will. And thanks for your help, I never would have bothered to check the booklet if you never said anything, so thanks for at least trying :)

5. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

no problem - good luck. I hope there's a good deal waiting for you.

afarese likes this.
  6. WDW-LUVR

WDW-LUVR Active Member Original Poster

You can contact Jenell with kingdom Konsultant (she's great)jenell@kingdomkonsultant.com and she will hook you up.

afarese likes this.
  7. afarese

Thanks for the advice :)

8. DiSnEyF@n

DiSnEyF@n Well-Known Member

What is a "bounce back?" Thanks :)

9. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Well-Known Member

An discounted offer (on room or free dining) for a future stay within a year. You have to book it before you check out.

DiSnEyF@n likes this.
  10. copcarguyp71

copcarguyp71 Well-Known Member

DO NOT ask front desk about this...I can all but guarantee they will be clueless. The best thing to do is call guest services from your room while staying onsite if there are no written materials in the room.

11. CamiLyn227

CamiLyn227 Well-Known Member

So, we were just there August 10-17. Before I went I had talked to a Disney agent on the phone a few days before I left and she told me that there would abosolutly be a bounce back offer for free dining for August 20- September 29 in our room. But there was no offer in our room. So, I asked a cast member at the front desk. She had no idea what I was talking about so she went and got another cast member who also had no idea. They told me to go ask at the concierge desk. So I did. This person told me to go ask housekeeping. Told him I would have but I was getting ready to check out and get on the magical express. So he made a call and told me that there were no current bounce back offers and I would have to call someone.But he didn't know who to tell me to call. So I gave up.

I saw this post this morning which proved to me that there was supposed to be a bounce back offer. So I called 1-407-WDISNEY. The cast member told me that there were no current bounce back offers. And even if there was they are given out at random so there are not everyone gets one in the room.

Then I remembered that I had a bounce back offer (the big clock) that I took a few years ago. I called then number on the back and they lady said there was a bounce back offer but I wasn't there when it was offered. She claimed the didn't offer the free dining bounce back until August 21. So I told her that she was wrong and that the offer was good Aug.1 - Nov. 15. She put me on hold and when she came back she said that I was right but I would have had to book before I left. I again explained the lack of knowledge of the cast members at the front desk and that I would have booked before I left if I would have been given the right information. She again put me on hold to talk with a supervisor and then came back and told me she could do it for me!! So, Wilderness Lodge, September 2014 with free dining!!!! The countdown has begun for trip number 19!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  12. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Well-Known Member

This ^^^^ has happened to us before when we vacationed in early August. Seems that is a "dead" period for bounce back offers (room discount offer expired in July and free dining offer not starting until mid-to-late August.) I called several times looking for the offer and was repeatedly told, "There is no offer at this time."

As other posters have said, do not call/ask front desk or even the concierge. Call ext. 8844 from your room phone to inquire about a bounce back.

13. LuvsDisney2006

LuvsDisney2006 Member

If you take advantage of the bounceback offer while you are there, do you have to book at the same resort you are staying at or can you book a completely different resort. We are staying at Caribbean Beach this year because that was the only resort we could get for free dining. We would like to stay somewhere else next year. Thanks!

14. WDW-LUVR

WDW-LUVR Active Member Original Poster

That absolutely wonderful that you where able to relieve the bounce back. before I go I always research it.
    You may pick any resort, except the campsites. If you choose a value resort you will get the quick service dinning FREE, you may upgrade the dinning and pay the difference of the upgrade.

LuvsDisney2006 likes this.